Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

5spd swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you dont need a mount kit save your money and use the stock mt mount from junkyard.remember your not doing anything crazy here just stock manual trans and the wires to connect are the green and white to the solid black if you need pics i will send them.its fairly easy and much better for life of your car enjoy!!! and to the guy who had to weld,why did you have to weld when you could have gotten stock mount especially when it works with your bracket? pm me if you need any other info...

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

ohh and take my advice dont get a 5spd brake pedal just cut yours so you can fit clutch pedal in and not hit it with your foot! pedals are the worst part.oh and your master cyl line will suck too good luck kids

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

ima do mine next month but ? can i use the 5spd part from an 90-91 on my 93 is it all the same? any differences?

Comment

I am going to do mine next month also....if my parts get here.
          This is a good prep step for the H22 in the spring.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeromech
            I am going to do mine next month also....if my parts get here.
            This is a good prep step for the H22 in the spring.
            wat spring?

Comment

I want to do this like next summer but... I can't even install a Civic audio deck into my CB7... I cut the harness

Stock 10th Anniversary Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtecdreamer
                wat spring?
                I meant the time of the year(tax time), not the weather...hahaha
                In SA it is summer like 9 months and winter 3. No fall or spring.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeromech
                  I meant the time of the year(tax time), not the weather...hahaha
                  In SA it is summer like 9 months and winter 3. No fall or spring.
                  haha ok yeah

Comment

It was fairly easy for me i did mine back in june. I bought a car for $350 bucks and used all the parts from it. I want to give u some advice of what not to do like i did. Dont forget to grab a rear motor mount. Replace Flywheel and get a Clutch kit from anywhere BUT get a release bearing from honda this is very important or you might have problems. I used a prelude tranny mount had to modifiy it a little and relocate two of the studs. Its best to get a new clutch master cylinder, and slave cylinder. Dont forget to torque everthing down to specs. Good luck my friend and make sure if you do it do it right the first time dont be like me and have to take the tranny out 3 time to make it right.

Comment

thx man appreciated it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chev@Li3r
                        I personally always found driving a manual so much more fun than an auto, so i'd say its worth every penny lol. Not to mention its fairly inexpensive to do it on a CB, shouldn't be more than like 750-800
                        wow that's pretty inexpensive. My cb7 is sadly auto transmission but i always loved driving manual. is 750-800 on a used conversion or new?
                        Once a CB7tuner always a CB7tuner

Comment

yea its well worth it......mine works great i just regret putting the clutch to close to the brake pedal

Comment

Originally posted by nho93accord
                            wow that's pretty inexpensive. My cb7 is sadly auto transmission but i always loved driving manual. is 750-800 on a used conversion or new?
                            Do you really expect to find new 5 speed parts for a 15 year old car?

Well, I suppose certain things can be new... clutch, hydraulics... but the more new you get, the more it costs.

$500 is about the average for a used swap, and you can do it for MUCH less if you shop smart. Transmissions from people who have done H22 swaps are often 150 or less. Hit a junkyard for the lines, pedals, etc... The master and slave cylinders are probably good to get new, as is the clutch (and might as well get a new flywheel and pressure plate at the same time)

Comment

i just bought a whole cb7 with all the parts for 200 bones and all it need is a new motor but im swap it to mine sedan cuz i like the 4dr and the body is cleaner and its a 93 instead of a 91 coupe

Comment

yeah i am also in the middle of this swap i guess im kinda lucky i have a whole car for the 5spd parts everything worked fine on the car but body was rotted so its a donner car for my 92 ex-r with a messed up auto tranny.hope i can make it all work.

Comment

Working...
                                X