No announcement yet.

Theos92VR4 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, I want Joey to put up April nominations!
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Dem wheels doe, sir.

How the hell did you manage to crack the sunroof? Tree branch or something?

And MACCO? Hope they pay that guy what he's worth, cause that paint is ace.
      Tree branch definitely fell on it. There was a dent right next to the sunroof on the roof frame. Fixed that before I had the car painted. The sunroof was such an eyesore to me even though no one ever noticed it. Finally had some free time, and a nice day (71 degrees and sunny!) So i threw it on.

And he did a great job. Alot of people actually bring cars in for restorations and have him paint them there. They actually painted a jaguar e type right before my car was brought in.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      Dang, I want Joey to put up April nominations!
      hopefully soon enough!

Comment

This blew out on me this week. Changed it again, this time put some copper seal on the gaskets, new bolts and washers with loctite on them. Seams to have sealed up nicely.

this is going to be my next task, cleaning this bay up and painting it. Right now it looks pretty terrible

hit 175k this weekend

and gave her a proper detail this weekend. Here are a few shots.

pretty cool honda of woodland hills (california) license plate frame that i picked up

took off the 5 speed emblem since i got tired of it

polished my muffler up

Comment

finally work has slowed down so im able to post an update

Ran into an overheating problem due to a busted hose, so i changed all the hoses and the radiator while i was at it, good thing i did!

cool pic i took infront of some mansion i was working at lol

grabbed a new exhaust for my car

...then 2 days later this happened. Hit a deer on a highway doing 60 mph

I first replaced the headlight glass, mirror (already painted it to match) hood (primered it till i paint it this weekend) and the driver wiper blade. All together the parts cost me $60

and heres how she looks after the new windshield. Funny thing is my windshield was cracked badly, and i was on my way to get it replaced THE MORNING I HIT THE DEER... lol good thing it happend before rather than after.

still pissed I broke my hood visor. I have tried to find a replacement but everyone seems to be sold out Have a few parts waiting to go on, new UCA's with the SPC camber kits on them and ES poly bushings, 2 new front tires cause of the previous camber wear, a new "mugen" front lip to replace my busted legend lip, and a few other parts kicking around. i have the yonaka exhaust on the car now and it sounds great!

Comment

Nice work on the quick recovery. nothing like getting knocked down, picking your self -up and keep on moving forward.
            CB7TUNER.com
            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Sound clip on the Yonaka's?

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                Nice work on the quick recovery. nothing like getting knocked down, picking your self -up and keep on moving forward.
                thanks man

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post

Sound clip on the Yonaka's?
                ill try to get one for you!

Comment

Subscribed.

Yeah, quick work, sucks about the deer, but glad you're ok good sir. I like how the maaco job turned out. I'm seriously considering it for a refresh now, haha. Two things:

1. Where did you find the wood kit for the dash?
                  2. Did you find pricing to be fair with maaco?

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                  - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post
                    Subscribed.

Yeah, quick work, sucks about the deer, but glad you're ok good sir. I like how the maaco job turned out. I'm seriously considering it for a refresh now, haha. Two things:

1. Where did you find the wood kit for the dash?
                    2. Did you find pricing to be fair with maaco?
                    I got the dash kit from this site
                    http://www.dashkitspecialties.com/HDA-6A.html
                    I went with the dark burlwood color!

And I think maaco did an awesome job for the price! I didnt notice any imperfections (orange peel or runs) and its been over 4 months since I had it painted, and the car has held up extremely well. it still looks like new

Comment

Bug guard

http://m.ebay.com/itm/131486032058?_...25.m3641.l6368

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/gts-...FUhhfgody9sH6Q

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                      Wimp go low or go home haha
                      Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                      Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

thank you sir

Comment

The thing with Maaco is that results differ in every region, it really depends on the painter. I went to a local one once; the price was great, but the result had a couple spots where it looked like the guy had touched it and raised a couple points in the paint. This car looks great, though. Only thing irking me is the wheel stickers on reps.

I don't suppose you ever got a shot of the Vibrant UQ resonator mounted up? I'm curious how well it tucks under the car, since my current plan involves two of those.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-02-2015, 03:10 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            The thing with Maaco is that results differ in every region, it really depends on the painter. I went to a local one once; the price was great, but the result had a couple spots where it looked like the guy had touched it and raised a couple points in the paint. This car looks great, though. Only thing irking me is the wheel stickers on reps.

I don't suppose you ever got a shot of the Vibrant UQ resonator mounted up? I'm curious how well it tucks under the car, since my current plan involves two of those.
                            The painter by me is really good which is the only reason I use them. Ive seen other maaco jobs and they have looked pretty bad, but most of those are from inner city places, or they are getting the cheap $299 paint job.

Honestly the resonator doesnt tuck well at all. I had the guy who did my exhaust mount it so I would get the most clearance possible. so it was kind of angled underneath the car. He couldnt get it to lay flat in any spot, because the resonator is so wide and the exhaust tunnel under the car is soo small. The only place he could have made it 100% flat was if he welded it where the test pipe went.

Comment

Theo,

Who did the body work?

How much did maaco charge you?

Looking to paint my wagon since I drive it every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                                Theo,

Who did the body work?

How much did maaco charge you?

Looking to paint my wagon since I drive it every now and then.

My buddy and I did the body work, it came out great!

Maaco was $715 after tax. I got the second most expensive package. You can get basecoat/clearcoat for more (most expensive) or cheaper jobs for between 299-500.

If you ever wanna check out the car in person to see the job they did hit me up on facebook and ill meet up with ya sometime since i work right in rockaway

Comment

Working...
                                X