Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 ACCORD 10th Anniversary Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 ACCORD 10th Anniversary Edition

Hello Fellow Cb7's
    I'm new to the forums I've always went on her and never really though of posting my car I don't know if the images will work if they do I hope you all enjoy them!!
    My accord has definitely got a story and maybe I'll explain it in depth when I reach my thirty posts!!!
    Anyways here is my 1993 Accord 10th Year Anniversary Edition in all its glory
    Its stock performance wise
    Grandparents bought it brand new in 1993 and gave it to me when I got my license!!
    It only has 118k miles!!!
    Ive got all kinds of plans for this beauty!!!
    I also have an instagram page too if you want to shoot a follow
    @cb7_cw

Well that looks really nice. Any plan to add mods ?

Comment

That’s a nice looking cb. Your grandparents took really good care of it. Interested in hearing the story behind it. Is gas really $3.36 over there? That’s literally a dollar more then what I’m paying here in Florida.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Well that looks really nice. Any plan to add mods ?
        Of course I’ve done quite a bit already including mods and maintenance:
        -blue led cluster conversion
        -full sound system
        -Custom cut trunk floor
        -Tokico struts sitting on H&R progressive springs
        -XXR 521 rims
        -Only the rear fenders have been rolled
        -Spc adjustable ball joints up front
        -Replaced with a Complete tie rods and tie rod ends set
        -Lower ball joints
        -Oem Upper control arms
        -Oem lower control arms
        -Oem front head lights
        -Water Pump
        -Abs pump motor has been fixed
        -New oem Cv axles
        -Rebuilt Transmission
        -Broke the trans flex plate around 110k replaced that
        -Full car alarm which isn’t working atm
        -Brand new intake hose
        -Window rink all the way around

———-Plans———-
        -Full brake over hall
        *Brembo Pads front and rear
        *Brembo Blanks front and rear
        *New calipers But I’m still unsure what route I want to go with powerstop or just get oem replacements
        *I’ve got the brake pads and rotors so far

-Fresh motor mounts which are on the way

-New viper alarm system at home

-Lower poly strut bushings
        *lowers are ripped causing the car to pull to the right

-I’ve got dynamat at home planning on doing the front doors back trunk and rear deck and wherever I can if I have any left over

-Complete poly bushing kit

-Doing a partial wrap inspired by cannon gang thinking about doing a metallic blue wrap material

-Fixing cosmetic pieces around the car including door handles that are correct colors

-Finding the correct caps that go over the seat brackets that connect to the floor

-Fixing cracks from previous repairs on rear pillars

-Manual Swap

-Full bay wire tuck including battery relocation

-Maybe h23 swap down the road like really far down the road! 😂

That’s just some I’ve done so much maintenance on this car and there’s so much more to be done I want this car to be reliable before getting even more modded it is my daily driver so a lot of things are hard to do because I work and go to school!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
          That’s a nice looking cb. Your grandparents took really good care of it. Interested in hearing the story behind it. Is gas really $3.36 over there? That’s literally a dollar more then what I’m paying here in Florida.
          Yeah I really do love it but it’s got its issues it is almost a 30 year old car!!!!!
          I’m technically the third owner of the car but it was all family members who owned them and the second owner used the car very rarely maybe once a week max!
          I will explain the sorry eventually it’s actually a lot the car has been in two accidents 🥺 which most people probably won’t believe! Since it looks so good!

Yes Fresno gas is super expensive I only run chevron 91 octane in my CB it runs good and gives me the most gas mileage around 270 miles to a tank!

Comment

270 a tank isn’t much. That averages about 16 mpg you should be in the part of 20-23 unless you romp on it all over the place. Have you replace the fuel filter, air filter, and spark plugs. I remember before I was boosted I was getting 25mpg. Might be something to look into. Since your doing upkeep maintenance. But you have a solid plan and glad to see your fixing all the maintenance issues before heavily modding it.

I completely understand not doing much to your DD, i learned it’s not smart to boost a stock motor and it be your only mode of transportation. I was some nights trying to knock out motor swaps all night to be able to make it to school or work the next day.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              270 a tank isn’t much. That averages about 16 mpg you should be in the part of 20-23 unless you romp on it all over the place. Have you replace the fuel filter, air filter, and spark plugs. I remember before I was boosted I was getting 25mpg. Might be something to look into. Since your doing upkeep maintenance. But you have a solid plan and glad to see your fixing all the maintenance issues before heavily modding it.

I completely understand not doing much to your DD, i learned it’s not smart to boost a stock motor and it be your only mode of transportation. I was some nights trying to knock out motor swaps all night to be able to make it to school or work the next day.
              I do romp on it often it’s just so much fun to drive but I’ve found if I drive it really easy I don’t get any better gas mileage like the Max I can get is 275
              I have replaced spark plugs, wires, and air filter recently but haven’t done the fuel filter did you replace yours and did you see improvement? Or?

Don’t get me wrong it would be nice to have a boosted motor but right now I have other priorities! Once I finish all my upkeep I will mod to the moon for reliability I just don’t like being stuck on the side of the road my triple a is going to get more expensive ��

I forgot to ask if you were calculating the average mpg I though I get around 19 because I normally fill up when the gas light comes on and doesn’t it come on at 14 gallons max size of the tank is 17 gallons right?
              Last edited by Bigttown7; 02-23-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Sixteen mpg is way off what it should be. My '91 is dead stock, a tad low on compression, has almost 400k miles and can still get near 28mpg if I pussyfoot around. It sounds like:
                a.) you need to keep your foot out of it, or
                b.) your motor needs some major attention

From your description of the motor being mostly stock, I'm thinking you need to back off the throttle. These cars are more than capable of getting you where you need to go quick enough. Resist the feeling that you need to keep up with the stoplight drag racers going to work every morning.
                My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
                  Sixteen mpg is way off what it should be. My '91 is dead stock, a tad low on compression, has almost 400k miles and can still get near 28mpg if I pussyfoot around. It sounds like:
                  a.) you need to keep your foot out of it, or
                  b.) your motor needs some major attention

From your description of the motor being mostly stock, I'm thinking you need to back off the throttle. These cars are more than capable of getting you where you need to go quick enough. Resist the feeling that you need to keep up with the stoplight drag racers going to work every morning.
                  Yeah everyone’s roasting me for my mileage but I mean in all honesty does anyone live in California ever gas is different and I still don’t under stand how you guys are getting 16 mpg I fill my tank up when the light comes on and i normally only fill up a little under 15 gallons till it’s full which is 18 mpg I know that’s still way under but I’ve tried driving like a grandma for a whole tank and it serious doesn’t make much of a difference for my car

I’ll keep trying I’m going to try to do a tune up with spark plugs and fuel filter soon when I do my breaks and I will let y’all know if that makes a difference

My motor is extremely strong so maybe you’re right with keeping my foot off the gas as much I’ll try it!

I’ve never seems higher than 22 mpg with my car unfortunately!
                  Last edited by Bigttown7; 02-24-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I was getting nearly 30mpg with sticky tires and an H22 swap. There’s definitely something up!

Comment

It’s not that we are roasting you. You will find that, that doesn’t exist on this forum. We have just been around these cars for some 3 decades but most at least 10-15 years. So when we see something that isn’t right, we want to help you resolve it so you get the best you can with the your cb.

The light comes up with about a gallon to gallon and half of fuel left. Mine usually was about 50 miles left. So that makes sense if you fill up at the light. That should be able 14 gals.
                      I would be curious if you did drive like a “grandma” would you would get. But I didn’t baby mine and I would never go lower then 25mpg.

Along with replacing fuel filter, spark plugs, I would also run some sea foam in there and clear out all the carbon. There is a diy on here in the diy section. But it’s pretty easy, I did 1/3 of it in my gas, 1/3 of it in my oil and 1/3 of it in vacuum. Once it sucked up all the sea foam I would then turn off the motor after it ran 1-2 mins. Let it sit for a good 10-15mins then go for a drive. Beware when you first start it up and drive it after you sea foam, you will create a white smoke screen for about 5mins of driving. (This is normal). I would do that just before your next oil change. Maybe 50-100 miles before it. Also only have a couple gallons of fuel in the tank. Not a full tank.

Just read the directions on the can to verify y’all this. I haven’t done it in years.
                      Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-24-2020, 09:28 PM.
                      ~Nick~

Comment

I suggest keeping a log of miles driven and fuel used so you know exactly what you're getting. You sure you're putting 15 gallons in? The only time I ever managed to put 15 in one of my Accords was once when I ran my wagon dry.

Like others above, my 90 (F22A6 w/ H23 intake, Prelude manual trans) gets 25 all day long in mostly city driving these days. It will still get 30-32 on the highway.

In addition to suggestions above, make sure your tires are inflated properly, brakes aren't dragging, proper alignment.
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

This looks a pretty well maintained CB. It should be a good platform for your future mod plans.
                          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                          X