Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Strange Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Idle

This has been a problem every since I replaced the main relay last summer.. but here it goes when I drive my car it drives fine runs fine but when I put it in park with the engine running the motor revs up and down continuously never calming down to a regular low idle just goes up and down until I put it in gear and drive off...it does not do it when I first start it in the mourning only when i been riding around and park it is when it goes crazy. I have check to see if the throttle was sticking but it wasnt ..weirdest shit I have ever seen my car do...any help will greatly be appreciated

The thread at the top of this section marked "read this first" shows you how to fix this incredibly common problem.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      The thread at the top of this section marked "read this first" shows you how to fix this incredibly common problem.
      Thanks

Comment

I have the same idle problem and I really want to fix it... this is all day everyday... idle goes up and down , in neutral and when I turn it on. also my cluster marks the temperature every now and then not all the time.. weird.. u think I might need a new cluster?

Comment

1st, follow the advice I gave to the original poster.
          2nd, don't dig up someone else's thread only to change the subject. I guarantee the next 3 replies made to this thread will be to the original question, not what you just asked.

Comment

My advice...

Follow Deev's advice! This site has helped me fix innumerable issues, it just requires the use of the search function, unless you are on a smartphone, which it doesn't work on.
            Originally posted by crazymikey
            I thought a toaster with wheels was pretty cool....

Comment

Originally posted by yunghogg93 View Post
              This has been a problem every since I replaced the main relay last summer.. but here it goes when I drive my car it drives fine runs fine but when I put it in park with the engine running the motor revs up and down continuously never calming down to a regular low idle just goes up and down until I put it in gear and drive off...it does not do it when I first start it in the mourning only when i been riding around and park it is when it goes crazy. I have check to see if the throttle was sticking but it wasnt ..weirdest shit I have ever seen my car do...any help will greatly be appreciated

When is the last time you cleaned your idle valves and throttle plate? Get some carb/throttle cleaner and go to work. Look up ericthecarguy how to fix honda idle issues video.

This is a must do if you haven't even done it at all. You will be suprised how much smoother your ride will become.

Word of the wise: Don't worry about the car having trouble starting after you have it cleaned. Your ECU has to reset and recompensate for the increase in air that's coming in. After that your engine should purr at 800 and around 1500 on cold start.

Comment

Working...
              X