tryin to beef up the single cam!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tryin to beef up the single cam!!!

i was looking at the parts i want an the body work that needs to be done and im not gonna have enough for a h22 swap and putting the motor in so what are some things to make the single cam a lil faster i have a lx non vtec motor so i kno theres not much! im gonna replace my intake,headers and exhaust is there anything else? i got high miles so im not trying to boost yet but its there any pistons or cams and stuff like that i could use?

Originally posted by 94AccordCoupe View Post
    i was looking at the parts i want an the body work that needs to be done and im not gonna have enough for a h22 swap and putting the motor in so what are some things to make the single cam a lil faster i have a lx non vtec motor so i kno theres not much! im gonna replace my intake,headers and exhaust is there anything else? i got high miles so im not trying to boost yet but its there any pistons or cams and stuff like that i could use?
    JDM F23A's go for $300ish and they are good for 150hp/156tq stock. Do some bolt ons etc and that might keep you happy until you can afford boost.

Definitly do the pistons, rods and headstuds if you plan to venture over the 8psi barrier.
    You could prep your motor for boost by doing the same ^. Only issue is you should really lower compression just a touch and you would lose power in the mean time until you boost.

Comment

there is a whole performance sub-forum here that you can do some research in and actually find something out for yourself instead of expecting other people to hand it to you.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

look up bisimoto.com he built a f22a 360hp na on pumpgas,hes got everything to build sohc and dohc

Comment

probably the best power/bang for your buck would be to swap head or whole motor for f22a, alot better sohc platform, and bisi can do some crazy things with a f22a. and a motor would be very cheap cause theres so many around.

and yes check out performance threads and "my ride threads" to get ideas of how YOU want to build your motor and then ask more specific questions and everyone can help alot more

Comment

I 2cnd the idea of getting a f22a. It is the best foundation to build a motor on when on a budget. With time proper planning a tune and a few grand u can have a built f22 with more power than a stock h. That will last long time...
            My System
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

F22A headswap would be a good idea, if you plan on doing some porting. If your HG is still intact, cheap way out would be H23 IM, a cam, and header and full exhaust. That is what I did and I am having fun with it now.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

If your looking to go H or boost in the future why bother wasting it on your beat up F now. I would figure that the smart thing would be to save that money and put it towards the H22 or F22/F23 block to build for boost? I know you want as much power you can get for now. To install a set of Pistons or a cam costs money as well.

$1500 for a small F23/f22 boost setup or $1799 for an H22A 92-95 Motor, Trans & Computer.

If you want to save money, Pick one build and stick to your plans. Throwing cheap used parts on a motor that your just going to pull or rebuild in the end is stupid economics. Patience is the key to a nice build.
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-03-2010, 10:42 AM.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Good call, focus on what the ultimate goal is. If you want the H22 save for the H22. If you want to keep the F22, then invest in it. My main focus is my Malibu, so I decided to do cheap upgrades to the good running engine that I already had. Cam = $100. H23 IM=$50 DC Header=$60 2.5" exhaust = $150. Everything else I have spent on the car has been normal maintenance, using some upgrade parts as part of that maintenance of course!
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                  X