What I do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    Depending on level of practice and decency, I didn't really have to start the L1 maneuver until about 4.5-5G's usually. At that point though, it was a fairly quick onset. Oddly, I didn't usually have too many issues compared to my peers (despite being well above average in height). Usually tall people are the first to go due to the greater distance between the heart and brain, I must have a smaller than average brain! . But yes, at about 5G's I was definitely starting to have to work on it. Did you ever get the privilege of reaching full G-LOC in primary? We always started with a G-maneuver to introduce the upset students to the progression of their physiological symptoms.

The other thing that may have been a factor as well was that we didn't have the performance to maintain that many G's for more than a few seconds, unlike an F-16 or unlimited aerobatic plane that has a lot more power. Especially since we were naturally aspirated and our 180HP Super Decathlon was probably lucky to be making 100HP up there a lot of days! I would typically start maneuvers at about 10,300 which gave us a little over 5,000 feet to play with in case something went horribly wrong.

Damn. Now I am having withdrawals!
    Hell no we didn't start with a G-LOC. The first couple of times though I did start to get tunnel vision and a little grey out, but clench your butt and tighten the chest and it all comes back.

But yeah we would maintain a solid 3-4 Gs for a while when doing a formation maneuver called extended trail (basically lead and lag pursuit like simulated dog fighting). This was all in the T-6A btw.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

If you ever get back into this and do it in the NJ/NY area, and can take a ride along with you, I am down hahaha.

Im sure I would cry like a little girl but lord it must be amazing.

Comment

So is that you in those videos?
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
          So is that you in those videos?
          Yes. With students or friends. Why?
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            Yes. With students or friends. Why?
            I always knew you were a pilot/instructor - never actually saw you "in person"

Very cool:-)
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Most deff an awesome vid. I wish I could fly but I'm stuck in a hangar all day wrenching on MD-11Fs and A320s all day. Super awesome!
              http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Originally posted by 9DUBWISE View Post
                Most deff an awesome vid. I wish I could fly but I'm stuck in a hangar all day wrenching on MD-11Fs and A320s all day. Super awesome!
                Take solace in the fact that you make a lot more money! Haha.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                X