Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boost stock injector cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost stock injector cc

i have f22a6 i/h/e and h22/a6 intake mani. im looking into a 272 regrind and i wanna correct the fuel to air ratio without having to spend the cash on 440 injectors. would a afpr be suffice to boost em a enough to correct this. or would i need the 255 fuel pump, fuel rail, afpr and injector set up. i kno the full setup is the most ideal for the most power but thats a decent amount of money. i also kno id need a chip and tune. i wanna kno if i could do it with just the afpr or at most add the fuel pump too. any takers

Cheaper to by the larger injectors, get a tunable ECU and tune it vs ghetto rigging a higher flow out of stock injectors on a stock ECU. Besides that, If you are looking to boost, you need a tune..... So to add $100 for some flow tested DSM 440cc injectors is nothing compared to what you will spend to fix or replace a blown engine.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Spend the money and do it right the first time. Spending the money the second time to get it right just plain sucks money wise. I have seen it with my own two eyes to many times.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        Cheaper to by the larger injectors, get a tunable ECU and tune it vs ghetto rigging a higher flow out of stock injectors on a stock ECU. Besides that, If you are looking to boost, you need a tune..... So to add $100 for some flow tested DSM 440cc injectors is nothing compared to what you will spend to fix or replace a blown engine.
        so id have to go with the whole setup injector, fuel rail, afpr and fuel pump?

Comment

A fuel pump isn't going to gain you anything unless the current pump is no longer able to provide adequate fuel. It's not going to make your current system perform better. The adjustable fuel pressure regulator will allow your injector flow rate to increase, but usually at the expense of flow pattern if you go too far one way or the other.

People have gotten away with running 272 camshafts with no injector upgrades. They've gotten away with running them without a tune, too, but I would recommend neither.

I would recommend the larger 345cc H22A injectors to keep the injector duty cycle in a moderate range. This is coupled with a tune, of course, as you should never change aspects of the fuel delivery system outside of a pump without it. If you want to couple that with a B&M adjustable pressure regulator adapter then that's all the more control you and your tuner have to ensure that your engine is operating in a safe range with the proposed upgrades.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Adding a fuel pressure gauge to all that Jarrett mentioned would be a good idea as well, so you can be certain you're maintaining proper pressure.

Personally, whenever I change something on my car, I like to do whatever I can to keep an eye on it. Honda engineers knew what they were doing, but I'm no engineer. When I bolt new parts on my car, I greatly increase the chances that something isn't set up properly. Monitoring every little thing is always good!

Comment

Working...
            X