No announcement yet.

Tire size question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205/55/15 would be an ideal size for a lowered cb7 on 6.5 or 7" wide wheels.
    1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
    01 DC4

Comment

I'm 15x 6.5" wheels +35MM and my tires are 205/50/15 and I pretty lowered. With these tires i have a 2 finger gap all the way around but if weight/people is added to the car i do experience so rubbing. With me in the front and my wife and baby in the back I get no rubbage tho
      With those kinda offset anything wider than a 195 width tire might give you rubbing issue unless you run crazy negative camber.IMO but it should look like SEX.
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
        205/55/15 would be an ideal size for a lowered cb7 on 6.5 or 7" wide wheels.
        true but I went with 205/50 because I wasnt sure with a +35MM offset how bad the rubbing would be.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

35 isnt too bad, i run some motegi 38's and they fit tits.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            35 isnt too bad, i run some motegi 38's and they fit tits.
            true but if I experienced slight rubbage just imagine with the offsets he's gonna run.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

oh you kids...

any offset is possible.

also for tire size, id say 195 is too wide... id do the 185/50 or 55.

as for safe? wtf is that?

ive come to realize honda guys really are douche bags when it comes to things like this...quit being so fucking nerdy and try new shit. 240 guys are rocking 195/50's on 10 inch wide wheels

be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative! quit following others advice by doing what size will keep the speedo accurate or what the factory recommends.

whew...ive been wanting to say that for quite a bit, and i feel much better having done so.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                oh you kids...

any offset is possible.

also for tire size, id say 195 is too wide... id do the 185/50 or 55.

as for safe? wtf is that?

ive come to realize honda guys really are douche bags when it comes to things like this...quit being so fucking nerdy and try new shit. 240 guys are rocking 195/50's on 10 inch wide wheels

be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative! quit following others advice by doing what size will keep the speedo accurate or what the factory recommends.

whew...ive been wanting to say that for quite a bit, and i feel much better having done so.
                I wouldnt say any offset is possible Mr. Jake the Jerk I see what you are saying. I will be running stretched tires on my future setup so stay tuned
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by The_Great_Pretender View Post
                  I wouldnt say any offset is possible Mr. Jake the Jerk I see what you are saying. I will be running stretched tires on my future setup so stay tuned

anything besides like hella neg on 9-10 in wheels.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

anything besides like hella neg on 9-10 in wheels.
                    Well if we're to take you seriously(?), according to your doctrine anything utterly stupidly dangerous is good, so what's wrong with "hella neg on 9-10 in wheels"??
                    Regards from Oz,
                    John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
                      Well if we're to take you seriously(?), according to your doctrine anything utterly stupidly dangerous is good, so what's wrong with "hella neg on 9-10 in wheels"??
                      how is it stupidly dangerous??

are you serious?

the tire isnt going to just slip off the bead man...look around.

and obviously a cb cant fit a -10 offset of 10in wheel...but i keep seeing people asking "will +35 fit?"

of course it will, so will zeros.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

WoW you take this whole internet thing way to serious.. calm down Mr honda tech.
                        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                          WoW you take this whole internet thing way to serious.. calm down Mr honda tech.
                          x2
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

the tire isnt going to just slip off the bead man...look around.
                            Tyres that have been stretched onto wheels that are substantially wider than the tyre was designed to fit onto can and indeed have come off the rim. Such a tyre's sidewalls will also be unable to flex adequately and this will affect the roadholding of the car.

These are significant safety issues. There seems to be a sub culture of car enthusuaists who think any modification whatsoever is OK as long as it meets their definition of looking 'cool'. I just happen not to agree.
                            Regards from Oz,
                            John.

Comment

Tyres that have been stretched onto wheels that are substantially wider than the tyre was designed to fit onto can and indeed have come off the rim. Such a tyre's sidewalls will also be unable to flex adequately and this will affect the roadholding of the car.

These are significant safety issues. There seems to be a sub culture of car enthusuaists who think any modification whatsoever is OK as long as it meets their definition of looking 'cool'. I just happen not to agree.
                              has nothing to do with looking cool...it has to do with fitting a bigger wheel.

im sorry, but i think you are wrong...as you think i am.

there is a bunch of old people who think the same as you, but with tire designs of today i personally know there is no issue with this.

maybe if you use wal mart aqua treads or some other pos tire, then you should worry.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by HybridKyle View Post
                                Thnaks guys,

Cali-racer what tire are you running?

I have some good 195/65/15's here that I am going to try on them, think it will be the best of both worlds. Going to pick the wheels up tonight. Taking them to FL with me when I move tomorrow and refinishing them
                                185/60-14's .. offset is like +15 i think.
                                Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                                -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Working...
                                X