Cure for Squeaking Seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cure for Squeaking Seats?

Hey everyone. My 93 coupe's passenger side seat is making an annoying squeaking noise every time I hit a bump. It squeaks MUCH less when theres a passenger sitting on it. Sounds to me like its the hinges. Does anyone know a quick way to fix this? Because I'm just about ready to unbolt the seat and chuck it out on the highway. I recall one time I was able to blindly spray some white lithium grease into one of the hinges and stopped it squeaking for about a year. Is there some way I can get better access to anything that might be causing a squeak so I can spray it down? Will removing the seat help any? How do you guys fix your seat squeaks

Betty and Betzi died for our sins

Turn up the radio.

The seat in Ruby squeaks just a little bit. If it annoys you that much, I suggest first trying to determine where the squeak is located. With the car stopped, can you move the seat back/forth or side to side and recreate the squeak? This may help identify if it is in one of the hinges or in the base. Once you're identified a specific area, it can't hurt to remove the seat to better access that area for lubrication.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
    X