Keyless entry install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless entry install

Hi I have my 1993 Honda Accord EX wagon with the factory keyless entry system. The original key fob no longer accepts a charge from the ignition cylinder so I am trying to install my own keyless entry system. I wired everything up, power, ground and both lock-unlock signals and none of the power door locks will work with the door handle switch or the keyless entry system, if the lock-unlock connections for keyless entry are removed the door handle buttons work just fine again. I'm not the best at electrical work but I am really trying to find a way for this to work. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

After doing some more research it looks like I have to connect the door trigger wire for the keyless entry to work? Trying to find out what wire that would be.

Received a replacement keyless entry system from Amazon this morning. I plugged the new brain in and everything works as it should.
    Last edited by Kev1990; 03-21-2020, 03:39 PM.

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
    Hi I have my 1993 Honda Accord EX wagon with the factory keyless entry system. The original key fob no longer accepts a charge from the ignition cylinder so I am trying to install my own keyless entry system. I wired everything up, power, ground and both lock-unlock signals and none of the power door locks will work with the door handle switch or the keyless entry system, if the lock-unlock connections for keyless entry are removed the door handle buttons work just fine again. I'm not the best at electrical work but I am really trying to find a way for this to work. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

After doing some more research it looks like I have to connect the door trigger wire for the keyless entry to work? Trying to find out what wire that would be.

Received a replacement keyless entry system from Amazon this morning. I plugged the new brain in and everything works as it should.

So you have a manual with an electrical layout diagram yes ? Haynes, etc. ?

Comment

Yes. There was something wrong with the original brain I received from Amazon so I had another one sent to me and as soon as I plugged the new one in everything works as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
        Yes. There was something wrong with the original brain I received from Amazon so I had another one sent to me and as soon as I plugged the new one in everything works as it should.
        Good news!

Comment

Working...
        X