CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #21
mercyboy
CB7tuner Member

mercyboy is cool... so far.
Great project....Keep up the work.....It's going to pay off in the end....Just go to local junkyard and you will find all sort of things
mercyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 AM   #22
kouzie
Contributing Member

kouzie is cool... so far.
welcome fellow's se.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD
kouzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 AM   #23
Freshagen
CB7tuner Member

Freshagen is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Freshagen
Why not find another chassis and swap parts over? May be cheaper than stripping her down to the frame and redoing her from the ground up. but if money ain't an issue. Go for it.

MRT
Freshagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #24
cb7_casper
Newcomer

cb7_casper is cool... so far.
holy rustation lol... def gotta get that rust fixed... but... well... it almost looks like it belongs lmfao.. its everywhere... but a good start
cb7_casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #25
sshuc
Newcomer

sshuc is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7inct View Post
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=153501 check em out... i bought my coupe for $700... theres alot of cheap cheap cars here in CT... u just gotta know where to look... like how u found urs cutting threw a dealer..
Not so here in Canada. I even saw a CB7 on Craigs for like $8900 with no mods. Like 70k i think. They are regularly $2k and up. But, I'll keep my eyes out, for anything and everything lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyboy View Post
Great project....Keep up the work.....It's going to pay off in the end....Just go to local junkyard and you will find all sort of things
Thanks Mercy, I totally agree. Know what you want and go find it, right? I'm all about that. "By any means necessary", as they say!

Thanks CB7_ACCORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshagen View Post
Why not find another chassis and swap parts over? May be cheaper than stripping her down to the frame and redoing her from the ground up. but if money ain't an issue. Go for it.
Fresh, I live in Ontario Canada. Here the Government uses salt for traction in the winter, instead of sand, like most places. Unfortunately, it rots the shyt out of cars. I've had hondas, two audis and a mini, and it did it to them all in some way shape or form. I even used to fall for the "RustProofing" that all dealers here are so eager to upsell you. Doesn't work.

I want this car, and I want it new. I also want it to stay new. I've seen restored pre-81 Accords going for a pretty penny. If I'm going to spend anything serious on it, the entire car has to be worth it, and it needs to be in the same awesome condition in a decade. Otherwise, for me, it wasn't a project worth the time, effort, or money.

It'll probably run me $3000 or so to sandblast, repair, and powdercoat her frame, and repair and prime her body to make it ready for paint. But, to me that's better spent, than if I were to spend it on another car with LESS rust. Rust is still rust, I want NO rust: frame or body. So, for me it was finding the cheapest, running option. If the car was on the road, I check her history and no accidents, then all I'm looking for is the lowest price. And, no mods. And, here she was at $339. So, couldn't pass her up!

Money's always an issue, but if a little harder work on my part means I end up with a better-than-new 1991 Accord, it makes more sense to me than spilling the same money on a new Accord (I'm assuming that by the time this project is done, it'll be the same amount spent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7_casper View Post
holy rustation lol... def gotta get that rust fixed... but... well... it almost looks like it belongs lmfao.. its everywhere... but a good start
lol, yeah, I know it's bad, and I'm most certain as I start removing parts, she's gonna be coughin' up rusty bits everywhere! But, I'll get'er done Thanks
sshuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1991 , accord se , sedan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: