CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 AM   #1
spiderpig
CB7tuner Member

spiderpig is cool... so far.
returning back to Honda ownership

Hello again I was a proud owner of a nice 2 owner 1992 Accord LX 5 speed original engine and transmisson until December last year. My lovely CB7 was parked off the road and behind a tree but yet a high school kid in a 2006 Honda Civic was still able too hit it on front drives side. Impact was hard enough too make the axle come out of place and also moveed the car which was in first gear and had parking brake on back a foot or so from where it was. Insurance company he had payed off the car at 1475 bucks and I was just OK with that as the car was not a show car and I had only done minor work too it. So fast forward too yesterday when I went too test drive a private sellers 1996 Accord LX 5 speed. Car has 152000 miles on it and has a few issues like it was a quart of oil low and passanger side bumper and turn signal cover are both loose and out of alignment. Also looks like it has a oil leak in driver side because there was oil on top of the cv boot and also headlights are hazy and paint has no clearcoat hardly at all. I also noticed clutch pedal release was higher then my old cb7 but clutch still pulled car strong so maybe there's wear in the hydralic system? Sorry to ramble on so long just wanted too jump back into CB7tuner.com full force and get too talking about the best brand of cars I have ever owned. I forgot too mention car was listed for 2300 I got it for 1800 seems KBB was right around that for what this car has option wise and for its condition which I would call fair
spiderpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #2
Grahf
Bronze Member

Grahf is cool... so far.
Nice & Welcome back. Any pics?
Grahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 AM   #3
spiderpig
CB7tuner Member

Not yet I actually have too purchase car today yesterday was only a gentlemans handshake deal I was competing against a younger guy who said he would only spend 1700 cash on car I had more money but not in hand so I asked seller if he would wait a day and take 1800. If car is in my possession today I will post pics here it needs detailed soooooooo bad though lol
Old 03-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

h22sparkle may have said something they shouldn't have...
I wanted to get back into the cb game but couldn't find the right ones and most of them were too far long gone.
h22sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
spiderpig
CB7tuner Member

Yeah I saw like 5 cb7's on craiglists around here cheap but most were poorly modded and rusty or just rusty lol living in PA sucks for cars as most are rusty or just abused by morons my new cd5 is more a case of the latter. Car was purchased yesterday for 1700 not 1800 as I talked him down and car has a few minor issues and needs a timing belt asap. I took a bunch of pictures though so please do come back I just need to create a photobucket and also do more cleaning so it looks ok in pics. Very happy with car so far it is a lot like my cb7 but if I can say this here I feel like it is even better in most ways if not all I still do like the look of a clean stock cb7 sedan more then a clean stock 96 -97 sedan though
Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #7
spiderpig
CB7tuner Member

more pics too come as I do more work on car it has had some cleaning on inside not done yet though and I also removed a old sticker from the back window as well need to more though.

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...317_153640.jpg

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...317_153655.jpg
Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
tommi
Accord of the Month: August 2011

tommi seems to have made some friends!
add [img] to the front and [/img] to rear of your pics

(125)Transactions and counting

Last edited by tommi; 03-19-2014 at 09:54 AM.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #9
LewZur
Newcomer

LewZur is cool... so far.
That looks good for $1800 man. I couldn't find any 94-97 Accords around here that were five speed, but I ended up with a 92.
LewZur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
spiderpig
CB7tuner Member

Actually got it for $1700 but yeah needs hood latch which is on the way from Ebay and newtiming belt and few other things but so far so good I am very happy
Old 03-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #11
spiderpig
CB7tuner Member

why do i need to add img and /img to my pics?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #12
LewZur
Newcomer

LewZur is cool... so far.
That makes your pics show up in the post instead of links
LewZur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #13
spiderpig
CB7tuner Member

I like my pics to link instead it lets the page load up faster i cannot stand when it takes 30 seconds to load a page because of a few pics
Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #14
tommi
Accord of the Month: August 2011

tommi seems to have made some friends!
get with the times and get cable internet. instead of 56k

(125)Transactions and counting
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #15
High5er
CB7tuner Member

High5er may have said something they shouldn't have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
I like my pics to link instead it lets the page load up faster i cannot stand when it takes 30 seconds to load a page because of a few pics
I could see if you were loading huge, hi res pictures, but youre not. Do you have dial up? lol Its hella irritating and time consuming to open a new tab every single time rather than just scrolling like a normal person.

Check out my MRT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.
High5er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th gen , cd9 , returning , sedan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: