CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Old 06-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #41
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Size9zombie is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisafleek View Post
I have a '97 VFR and God do I love that motor. It sounds all lumpy like it's got a cam, or like maybe it's a twin. And then the whine of the geared cams sounds like one of the old blowers. I love it to death but I haven't been able to ride it in over a year because of my back.

Are the Magna motor's cams geared or do they run off of chains?

Chain I WISH it was a gear driven timing setup. I too love that gear drive whine. The VFRs are badass, basically like a more performance take on the V4.
Size9zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #42
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22Chris View Post
Oh snap! Iím glad youíre still around Josh!

Bike is AWESOME. Yellow I wasnít expecting, and that looks great. The wheels scream 94í. The bags will make it look tough.

The hub problem.. i guess a torque wrench is too far into the future for some..
I like the "blade" style of wheels from back then, sleek and sexy. I think the bags I want are going to be a tight fit, if they fit at all because of the exhaust.

It made me a little sick to my stomach when I saw how bad the hub and bearing was, didn't make any noise at all though which is the weird thing about it, no indicators at all to say that it was bad.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #43
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Size9zombie View Post
I like the "blade" style of wheels from back then, sleek and sexy. I think the bags I want are going to be a tight fit, if they fit at all because of the exhaust.

It made me a little sick to my stomach when I saw how bad the hub and bearing was, didn't make any noise at all though which is the weird thing about it, no indicators at all to say that it was bad.
Well Iím sure you can figure it out regardless. I donít understand how that didnít make noise..
Old 06-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #44
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22Chris View Post
Well Iím sure you can figure it out regardless. I donít understand how that didnít make noise..
I don't know either, it's fixed now though. 1 new hub, 2 new wheel bearings, and new brakes. I went with the powerstop slotted and drilled to lower brake temps and keep from warping them in the future, ceramic pads to generated less dust and bite a bit harder. This coupe will stay as stock, DD while i build the CB.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: