SUSP : 5 lug conversion 6th Gen Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Wait so the Prelude rear hub bolts right onto the Accord rear drum??? That's awesome man

Props for this man this is an awesome discovery

I am POSITIVE the 95-98 ODDY/ OASIS rear hub is a better fit.... just harder to find sometimes.
    WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
      Do you have any experience with swapping an oem rear disc setup over to 5-lug?

I have the 10th anni. rear disc/abs and would love to do a full 5-lug swap.
      Yes and there is a few write ups here for that.
      WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by da9b16 View Post
        I am POSITIVE the 95-98 ODDY/ OASIS rear hub is a better fit.... just harder to find sometimes.
        the lude hub fit so nice with the crv drum, it took 30 minutes to do both sides

i'll get my hands on an oddy rear hub to compare
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

no- at least not in the simple bolt up affair
          what would be needed to make this work? or is it better to use a different option?

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
          DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
            the lude hub fit so nice with the crv drum, it took 30 minutes to do both sides

i'll get my hands on an oddy rear hub to compare
            Yes the fitment is smooth as butter on the crv drum with the prelude hub on the cb rear spindle assembly.... Do you remember how you can not tighten the nut down as far as the other ones go down just like on the 5 lug disk conversion so you can real stake it? I mean it goes down far enough to stake it...just not like the cb one.....

The reason for this is the depth of the lude rear hub is less shallow- only allowing it to be tightened down so far.... The oasis/ Oddy rear hub has the deeper seat and allows it to be seated further down the threads and allows for it to be staked like the CB on the spindle.

Does that make sense?
            WAGONS

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
              what would be needed to make this work? or is it better to use a different option?
              WAY BETTER to go with a different option.....

I have the 98 TL 5 lug stuff on the side of my house still with an extra set of rotors and extra set of lude rear calipers and complete ebrake cables.... you will need the lude hubs to make this sit correct. I would be willing to sell them to you if you want them just hit me up PM as I dont want this thread to become a for sale thread. I even have a box full of spare parts to send with it.
              WAGONS

Comment

WAY BETTER to go with a different option.....

I have the 98 TL 5 lug stuff on the side of my house still with an extra set of rotors and extra set of lude rear calipers and complete ebrake cables.... you will need the lude hubs to make this sit correct. I would be willing to sell them to you if you want them just hit me up PM as I dont want this thread to become a for sale thread. I even have a box full of spare parts to send with it.
                thanks, it will still be some time before i go this route, was just curious. kinda was hoping it would work, but whatever is a better option.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Yes the fitment is smooth as butter on the crv drum with the prelude hub on the cb rear spindle assembly.... Do you remember how you can not tighten the nut down as far as the other ones go down just like on the 5 lug disk conversion so you can real stake it? I mean it goes down far enough to stake it...just not like the cb one.....

The reason for this is the depth of the lude rear hub is less shallow- only allowing it to be tightened down so far.... The oasis/ Oddy rear hub has the deeper seat and allows it to be seated further down the threads and allows for it to be staked like the CB on the spindle.

Does that make sense?
                  yes it does but mine went down nicely

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                    yes it does but mine went down nicely
                    Yeah it definitely still works fine.

Btw- I did verify another v6 swap front spindle on my ce1. I am pretty happy about my find.
                    WAGONS

Comment

Yeah it definitely still works fine.

Btw- I did verify another v6 swap front spindle on my ce1. I am pretty happy about my find.
                      what was it

Comment

rear drum done

here is my finished drum 5 lug

the front

my beast
                        Last edited by bobbycos; 04-10-2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Does that make sense?
                          it makes great sense.

BUT

you say the oddy rear hub fits better because you can thread the nut on further. which make sense. BUT could you use the ITR rear discs with these hubs, like you can with the lude hubs. it shouldn't matter correct?

considering the only thing you say is different is the depth of the nut seat.

Comment

Rear

The 97-99 TL 5 lug CAN be used but you have the change the hub to the LUDE hub because the TL hub sits out further creating an offset if you will that sticks out almost 1" from the fender...

I'm a little confused here, it's this info for the 5 lug drum or disc???? 97-99 TL???

this is what i found on Acura Models

97-99 CL 4 Lug
                            95-98 TL 5 Lug
                            99-03 TL 5 Lug

I probably misunderstood , you can correct me if im wrong.
                            JDM Parts for sale

Comment

THIS THREAD WAS TITLED DIFFERENTLY ORIGINALLY...... AND IS TITLED COMPLETELY WRONG NOW-

THE THREAD HAS INFO REGARDING USING A 6th GEN ACCORD FRONT SPINDLE AND OR TL FRONT SPINDLE WITH THE S5 STAMP ON THE INSIDE OF THE DUST SHIELD

This thread is VERY MUCH ALSO about rear DRUM 5 lug conversion USING CRV parts and or

REAR DISC SWAP - using 98+TL REAR disk parts.....

SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS.... AS THE THREAD TITLE IS NOT EXACTLY TRUE OR DESCRIPTIVE

ORIGINAL TITLE WAS CALLED "5 LUG CONVERSION THE ALL NEW WAY" or something similar- Just needs to be more than 6th gen accord- cause that is not all that is there or even accurate.

Someone has already asked where bobbycos got the 5 lug rear drum from and it was directed wrong.

Just trying to help with my findings.
                              WAGONS

Comment

so i have a 92 ex with abs rear disk, in order for me to go 5 lug REAR DISK still.... i need to use 98+TL REAR disk parts..... to keep rear disk? what all part for rear disk do i need off the TL's? hub? rotors? calipers?

Comment

Working...
                                X