Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OEM fog fitment issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM fog fitment issue

I picked up some OEM fog lights for my 93 Accord and used the template on the inside of the bumper to do the hole cut out and there is a large gap on the bottom portion of the fog light and it seems like the top of the fog light is too high but the brackets lined up perfectly. I don't know what went wrong but I don't like the way it looks. Any ideas on what went wrong?

theres like an edge guard youre probably missing take some some black vacuum line split it down the middle and use that..

Comment

Rubber hose is definitely the way to go, since the original parts are nearly imposssible to find in usable condition anymore.

Also, you do have 92-93 fogs, not 90-91, right? They differ. Not sure what figment issues would come of using the wrong years.

Comment

Yep, like erik said, there is a trim bezel that goes around the foglights, without it you have a gap. This is true for all 92-93 fogs, US and JDM.

US 90-91 vs. 92-93 fitment issues would be bad to say the least. 90-91 are square(ish) and I believe are about a half inch taller and shorter/narrower length wise.

Get some European 90-91 fog lights... they don't look so good on either 90-91 or 92-93 bumpers.

Sidenote, glad you're using the image from my wordpress. The very reason I put them up over there.
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

It looks like he does have some kind of rubber bezel, it just looks like it's seen better days.
          My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
          Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
          Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Rubber hose is definitely the way to go, since the original parts are nearly imposssible to find in usable condition anymore.

Also, you do have 92-93 fogs, not 90-91, right? They differ. Not sure what figment issues would come of using the wrong years.
            Yes they are the 92-93 fogs. I purchased then from a member of this forum I met at a picknpull here in Washington. I'll get his username so he can get credibility for the sale and extremely good deal. I'll also post pics.

Comment

I didn't do the cutout. The guy I bought them from did. He said he wasn't happy with the results as well. He has a 90-91 and this was his first time doing a 92-93.
              Last edited by 93hellastocklx; 10-23-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

What type of rubber hose should I get? I've heard vacuum line hose and door trim. I'm unsure about sizes though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  Yep, like erik said, there is a trim bezel that goes around the foglights, without it you have a gap. This is true for all 92-93 fogs, US and JDM.

US 90-91 vs. 92-93 fitment issues would be bad to say the least. 90-91 are square(ish) and I believe are about a half inch taller and shorter/narrower length wise.

Get some European 90-91 fog lights... they don't look so good on either 90-91 or 92-93 bumpers.

Sidenote, glad you're using the image from my wordpress. The very reason I put them up over there.
                  I know this is off topic but how would I go about purchasing a cb7tuner key chain and white decal? I had a different profile and build thread for my car. My phone got destroyed and I've had a lot going on so I can't remember my username or anything. It's very unfortunate because I have to start from square one again. Thank you ahead of time.

Comment

Yeah this is a bit off topic.
                    I'm currently having the decals made as per Mike's specs (I discussed this with him a few weeks ago and am only now getting around to making them), they should be ready by the end of the week.

Of course you can always order them from Mike through the CB7Tuner store. I'd PM prior to order just to make sure he still has them in stock.

All keychain orders can be made through the for sale thread (link on my sig), ebay (just search for CB7Tuner), OR you can just email me.
                    Code:
                    jonsautoshack@gmail.com
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Working...
                    X