Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H swap dies, idle too high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H swap dies, idle too high

Hey everyone, got an issue with my swap. At startup the motor shoots to 1800 rpm, then drops low enough to die unless I give it a bit of gas for about 5-10 seconds.

When its at op temp the idle is somewhere between 1100 and 1500 RPM and wont drop lower.

A buddy of mine tried the adjustment screw at the TB but doing this causes me to have to hold the throttle longer at warm up to prevent it from dying at start up.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Originally posted by djALBINI;3286133nd

A buddy of mine tried the adjustment screw at the TB
    that idle screw should have never been messed with . check for vacuum leask / cracked vacuum lines and such . there is a few ways to check for them water / propain / brake cleaner . ( note breake cleaner will catch fire .)
    Last edited by Accord problems; 10-26-2018, 02:12 PM. Reason: miss spelled
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

before messing with the idle screw, it would just die and not hold idle.

Map vaccum line plugged, egr deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by djALBINI View Post
        before messing with the idle screw, it would just die and not hold idle.

Map vaccum line plugged, egr deleted.
        did you remove the charcoal canister ?

still check for vacuum leaks . the red hose on the charcoal can if its off cracked it can cause this .

as for youre friend messing with the idle screw ( i know hes trying to help ) should have left it alone .

take well the engine is running and spray around with water ( spray bottle ) and listen for it to change idle.
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Probably your fast idle valve. It’s located under your throttle body I believe. Also, what ECU are you running?

Comment

When 'messing with' the idle screw you should have the IAC unplugged and the service connector jumped (setting base idle). Otherwise the ECU will attempt to compensate.

Is this a new problem? Did it run fine, then this issue came up or has it done this since it was swapped? What ECU are you running? Is all of your wiring correct? Are all of the vacuum lines correct? Any CEL codes or vacuum leaks?
            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

charcoal canister gone, black box gone, p28 chipped and tuned, air boost delete. IAC was unplugged and jumped service connector.

This has been happening since it has been swapped.

No CEL or vacuum leaks....

Comment

p28 with Hondata? or just a chip with a tune? do you have a wideband?

I would be curious about the tune.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

yes i am indeed... the tuner stated that tuning cars with golden eagle intake manifolds is a pain in the ass. The curve is hard to get right I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by djALBINI View Post
                    yes i am indeed... the tuner stated that tuning cars with golden eagle intake manifolds is a pain in the ass. The curve is hard to get right I guess...
                    Quick question. How's your antifreeze level? Do you go through a certain amount of antifreeze in a week?

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Can your tuner look at your tune again?
                      Was he able to street tune it or dyno tune it?
                      Or did he just create a basemap for your car?
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                        Quick question. How's your antifreeze level? Do you go through a certain amount of antifreeze in a week?
                        Sounds like he hasn't even made it that far yet if the engine is "dying" as he
                        described.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

the coolant level is maxxed out with the car as high on the jack in the front and bled out all the air then topped it off at the max hot line in the reservoir tank.

Tuner gave me a basemap based on H22 with bolt ons and 93 octane to get it running, then complained that i didnt tell him about the type of I/M.

Once towed to his house, he tuned it to get it running then took it to the street to finish tuning. So its running, but the idle is just set high because at startup I guess it will die if its not...?

I was told not to mess with the idle settings.

Comment

Wtf his house ? Take it to well known shop not some guys house.

Try using just a stock ecu I have a feeling the tune is not right and you're just going to hurt the engine .
                            You will have to use 87 probably not sure .

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                              Wtf his house ? Take it to well known shop not some guys house.

Try using just a stock ecu I have a feeling the tune is not right and you're just going to hurt the engine .
                              You will have to use 87 probably not sure .
                              There is no issue with going to a tuners house. MRX use to tune out of his house and Blake 850Fab works out of his shop in the back of his house. Both great tuners.

As for going to a stock Ecu I agree with. But do not put 87 octane in an H22a. It will knock as it requires 93 octane per Honda.

OP: unless the manifold is leaking I don’t see how it could be causing an idle issue. Do you have the stock intake mani? If the tuner feels that’s the issue swap it back to stop and see if issue is resolved.

Also are you running a stock TB or aftermarket? Have you checked to make sure your throttle cable isn’t too tight and had the throttle plate slightly cracked open?
                              Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-06-2018, 10:32 PM.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X