Old 08-12-2017, 06:55 AM   #2163
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

Mike1357 is cool... so far.
No, those are my 17's.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #2164
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1357 View Post
18' wheels are the way to go.
Have fun fitting 18' wheels in any car...lol

" vs ' ...... sorry I'm a tradesman, I read blueprints on a daily basis.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #2165
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
Have fun fitting 18' wheels in any car...lol

" vs ' ...... sorry I'm a tradesman, I read blueprints on a daily basis.
Ya.. my experience always reminds me there are issues with 18" on our cars. One issue leads to another too.

Anywho, updates on the car. I will definitely say that the clutch is starting to go. While I use to be able to spin 3rd, I now cannot. Still grabs, but.... you can tell all the power is not being put down. Started to save for a twin disc.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #2166
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
One of the beginner turbo things you learn is to tighten your coupler clamps as tight as shit!
Beginner turbo tips with Raf99

^100 years old^
(but she runs a 100 meter dash, not a marathon! 26.2 miles would most likely kill her. -deev)

(I stand corrected )

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #2167
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Also, try not to use those cheap Homedepot/hardware store worm gear (screw) type plumbing clamps for your hose coupling clamps. Lesson we learned a few years back at the track. The T-type hose clamps are a much better fastener for maintaining force on the silicon hoses.

by Chappy, on Flickr
Old 08-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #2168
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

I had no issues fitting 18's even before I put flares on the car. I couldn't run as large a tire as I wanted and I wasn't extremely low, but I didn't run into any issues.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #2169
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Ya.. my experience always reminds me there are issues with 18" on our cars. One issue leads to another too.
Quote:
I had no issues fitting 18's even before I put flares on the car. I couldn't run as large a tire as I wanted and I wasn't extremely low, but I didn't run into any issues.
I've put 18's on my buddies CB without any fitment issues. I think my post wasn't read the way I meant it to be.

You originally posted 18'
' = feet
" = inches

I was saying that it would be hard to fit an 18foot wheel on any car. Sorry for the confusion!

by Chappy, on Flickr
Old 08-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #2170
Raf99
Gold Member

lol...

Well dam. I am doing the CD5 side skirt mod (really making them fit better using the cb7 tabs), and I was thinking of using double sided tape. In my mind i think "ya, that worked out ok for my rear window visor........" (turns and looks at car.....)

lol. I laughed for a while. a long time actually. haha. Apparently Sally does not want a rear window visor. It's 10pm Sunday now, that drive was Friday night haha. I'll go see if I can find it after work tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #2171
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

Ah, yep definitely misread that. Lol.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:45 PM   #2172
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
Quote:
lol...

Well dam. I am doing the CD5 side skirt mod (really making them fit better using the cb7 tabs), and I was thinking of using double sided tape. In my mind i think "ya, that worked out ok for my rear window visor........" (turns and looks at car.....)

lol. I laughed for a while. a long time actually. haha. Apparently Sally does not want a rear window visor. It's 10pm Sunday now, that drive was Friday night haha. I'll go see if I can find it after work tomorrow.

That's hilarious!!

^100 years old^
(but she runs a 100 meter dash, not a marathon! 26.2 miles would most likely kill her. -deev)

(I stand corrected )

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #2173
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord is cool... so far.
Your thread has almost a quarter of a million views!!
Old 08-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #2174
Raf99
Gold Member

A quarter of a million, scary! Guess I have a new goal, which is to beat the king of kings Mr.Phil. But dam, boost lee is up there too. Cool!

Rear Window Visor Update:
Went looking for it today and I could not find it. Didn't see anything smashed in to little pieces either, so I think someone got a free visor. And I'm a little sad over this. I did love the look of it. BUT..... dam thing would not stay on the car. It really needs clips or something. That was 3M double sided tape too. So I'll get another.

Oh... this is happening too. Special thanks goes out to Apalileo for giving me the inspiration to finish off this DIY the proper way !

CD5 side skirts with CB7 tabs.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #2175
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

Nice little retrofit there!

On the subject of visors, I really think you might want to look into the Sarona rear wing.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #2176
apalileo
Gold Member

apalileo is cool... so far.
Looking good on the side skirt work! What are you using to join the CB7 "clip strip" to the CD5 skirt? I see the clamps, so I'm guessing some sort of epoxy?

apalileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #2177
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Nice little retrofit there!

On the subject of visors, I really think you might want to look into the Sarona rear wing.
Hmmm i'll check this out when i get home. Work internet is blocking everything on this page. I'd be surprised if they have rear window visors for our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalileo View Post
Looking good on the side skirt work! What are you using to join the CB7 "clip strip" to the CD5 skirt? I see the clamps, so I'm guessing some sort of epoxy?
There he is! Yaa... i haven't decided what to use yet. I was going to use 3M double sided tape until i turned around and noticed my rear window visor gone So... i've been pondering it. I'd like to countersink some black headed bolt/nut but this idea won't work. I also thought about double sided tape + heat gun, but the glue from the heat gun does not stand up that well.

Gorilla glue or an epoxy i guess....... not sure yet.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #2178
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Hmmm i'll check this out when i get home. Work internet is blocking everything on this page. I'd be surprised if they have rear window visors for our cars.
The Sarona rear wing is the only rear window visor worth buying for our cars period! I only have the Speed Zone to hold the place of the Sarona, until I buy one. Just to give you a teaser. The only issue is the cost $269 USD.

I was trying to find the pictures from NWAccord on his 1993 SE Coupe. His looks absolutely amazing! Although he had it color matched Atlantis Blue-Green Pearl. I can't link it due to photobucket sucking balls. It looks way better in person than the pictures show it.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #2179
apalileo
Gold Member

apalileo is cool... so far.
@Raf I sanded down the contact surfaces with 220 then 400 grit until they were evenly rough. This was especially important for the top of the CB7's clip strip since it the outside of the side skirt has a textured surface.

@Rilas I agree that that's the best looking visor available!

apalileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #2180
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
The Sarona rear wing is the only rear window visor worth buying for our cars period! I only have the Speed Zone to hold the place of the Sarona, until I buy one. Just to give you a teaser. The only issue is the cost $269 USD.

I was trying to find the pictures from NWAccord on his 1993 SE Coupe. His looks absolutely amazing! Although he had it color matched Atlantis Blue-Green Pearl. I can't link it due to photobucket sucking balls. It looks way better in person than the pictures show it.
Wow. That's a lot of money for a rear window spoiler. It better never fade, bend, or come off the car. Hmmm.... so how is he held on to the window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalileo View Post
@Raf I sanded down the contact surfaces with 220 then 400 grit until they were evenly rough. This was especially important for the top of the CB7's clip strip since it the outside of the side skirt has a textured surface.

@Rilas I agree that that's the best looking visor available!
I was also thinking of trying to "weld" the seams together. The part of the skirt that faces the car where the two pieces meet. I was thinking of using a heat gun and some pliers to pinch the two pieces together. You sometimes see this done with a plastic rivit gun where they fuse the two pieces together. Basically I want to do that but in a non-visible part.

Obviously in the end it will be a combination of things. But if i just use double sided tape (and scratch up the surface) and it comes apart while driving it will look horrible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: