Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel lock screwed?

Hey folks,

I went to buy trinistylez gold wheels today, and when I went to use my wheel lock socket it, rounded right out (Yes I had it seated properly, its been screwing up alot because of how old it is.) We went to Canadian tire to pickup a 21mm socket to use on the secondary part of the wheel lock socket, and that rounded out to.. My question is WTF do I do now to get these lugnuts off? Plz and thanks everyone.

I tried my hardest to bang the 21mm socket evenly onto the wheel lock socket and nothing, still slips.
    Last edited by CB7_JAY91; 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM.
    Jay
    HondaLina
    91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Cut it off.

Comment

All 4 wheels? :'(
      Jay
      HondaLina
      91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Lol, yeah I didn't think about the other three wheels...

Well shit bro what other choice do you have? You can try banging a smaller sized socket on the wheel lock but then you would have to do that with all the other ones as well...

What brand wheel locks are you using?

Comment

It came with the car
          I have no idea dude

Aww man this is so catastrophic I cant even beleive it.
          Jay
          HondaLina
          91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

12pt 21mm socket might grab a little more than the 6pt.

Do you have just 4 locks? Can you drill it off? You can drive the car with 3 studs on the wheel. Although I wouldn't go far.

Steve

Comment

Take a close up pic of the wheel lock and post it so we can see...

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                12pt 21mm socket might grab a little more than the 6pt.

Do you have just 4 locks? Can you drill it off?

Steve
                I have 4 locks on all 4 studs on each wheel, Came that way.

I'll try a 12 point 21mm tomorrow and see what happens, thanks so much.
                Jay
                HondaLina
                91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

I was told to use an Air hammer, I don't see how this will help tho if its rounding it out?
                  Jay
                  HondaLina
                  91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Do you have just 4 locks? Can you drill it off? You can drive the car with 3 studs on the wheel. Although I wouldn't go far.
                    Shit, I've driven with three studs before. Not ideal but he should be alright.

The only fucked up part about that is he would be rolling three studs on all four wheels lol.

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
                    I was told to use an Air hammer, I don't see how this will help tho if its rounding it out?
                    Not sure what an air hammer would accomplish.

Yeah, bro try to post a close up pic of the lock. I am just curious to see what kind it is...

Comment

Comment

Are you saying all 16 are locking nuts? If so that sux.

If so I hate that. I might hit it with some PB blaster. Just be careful not to get it on the rotors.

Comment

Are you saying all 16 are locking nuts? If so that sux.

If so I hate that. I might hit it with some PB blaster. Just be careful not to get it on the rotors.
                          Exactly what I am saying. All 16 are locking nuts, hah. My car came like this and honestly I don't get what the damn guy was thinking - they are only CD5 wheels painted GUNMETAL (in my sig).

I don't have a camera, but I'm working on getting a pic ASAP.
                          Jay
                          HondaLina
                          91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
                            Exactly what I am saying. All 16 are locking nuts, hah. My car came like this and honestly I don't get what the damn guy was thinking
                            Awwwwwwwwwwwww damn bro I didn't know they were all sixteen!!! I thought you meant you had one lock lug per wheel... That sucks ass!!!!!!!

I don't know what dude was thinking either. Should have fucking gave you the key. Jackass.

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                            This is a good idea as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                              Awwwwwwwwwwwww damn bro I didn't know they were all sixteen!!! I thought you meant you had one lock lug per wheel... That sucks ass!!!!!!!

I don't know what dude was thinking either. Should have fucking gave you the key. Jackass.

This is a good idea as well.
                              He gave me the key. I used it when trinistylez got here and I was only able to losen 1 lug nut (locking nut), until it rounded out completely on the first socket part (Im sorry if I aint explaining right).. There is a secondary ratchet 21mm spot that is on the wheel lock key aswell, and that is rounded out.
                              Jay
                              HondaLina
                              91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Working...
                              X