Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Electrical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical issue

Hello, I have a 92 accord lx. I bought this car about 6 months ago now for fun, couldn't pass up the price. The car had 300xxx miles on it of course 2 weeks after purchase the engine showed signs of blown head gasket that I was told was done prior to me buying the car.... Well I swapped it out and car rode great it was a blast to drive. Less than two months later tranny locked up stuck in 3rd gear. Changed that out too. Now my current plorblem, haha. First started off when I drove the car my rpm guage and speedometer needles would start jumping all over then both drop to zero and car would start sputtering long enough to get home. I found a pos. Wire to fuse box I had forgotten during tranny swap, fixed it, or so I thought. Right after finding and reattaching wire my battery would no longer hold a charge. I replaced battery and then alt. Twice. My car was right back to square one the needles would go haywire and now the battery wouldn't charge either. I spent a couple days making sure all grounds are clean, battery terminal clean and snug fit. batt. post cleaned up. After checking voltage and continuity between alternator and battery it all the sudden started running fine, better then ever actually. About 3 weeks in to driving again my needles just started jumping agian and I got home battery was dead. I did not even get a warning light or anything telling me my battery was not being charged from alternator. I got my multimeter out agian and found my back up radio 7.5a fuse was bad not blown. Switched out the fuse and still nothing. Decided to pull the after market radio out and behind it was several wires that got pulled apart, not sure how worked fine prior. Fixed the radio and car ran agian I drove it to a buddy house and stopped in McDonald's drive thru and car just died. I pushed it into a space to park and tried starting it and as soon as the key turned to start position it blew my 7.5a starter signal fuse in the under dash fuse box. My battery was also dead. Now the fuse blows everytime I turn the key to the start position and now I'm just stuck iv went over my haynes manual a million times. I went and bought this 1900 page service manual ( well worth the 50 bucks) and iv looked at a couple components that the fuse is connected to to try and find a short but the more I looked under my dash I just kept getting mad. The guy I bought it from had my main relay just hanging by the wires, the clutch sensor was twisted up and the other clutch sensor had been jumped with a paper clip instead of being replaced. I found what appears to be an old fuel relay not plugged in no idea where the new one is. I'm just frustrated at the moment and could use some insight. Sorry that was long I just didnt want to leave anything out I'm not sure where theroblem arrised between buying the car and doing all the work so far. Also he removed the cruise control and a.c.

Sooo let's list the components he messed with for wiring...

- Fuel pump
    - Stereo
    - Main relay
    - Signal lights?
    - And any other wires under the dash....

To be honest if I were you I'd simply pull the dash at this point. Assuming all the wiring under the hood (mainly the grounds) were in good shape and the headlights/signal light wires were not mutilated then your issues appear to be all behind the dash. And right now you're trying to find wires he cut and all that crap, while upside-down etc etc. Yes pulling the dash is time consuming but it will allow you to sort out all your wiring that you can't see which he may have crammed up there.

The only other option is to do what you are doing now. Use a multi-meter and back probe for open circuits and short circuits.

What's the status now?
    Do you have one fuse which always blows or is the car running stable?
    When he removed the PS & AC did he do a full delete? (dash components too)

Comment

So I worked on it all day. And I replaced blown fuse and tried starting it and all the sudden its running agian. So I'm lost i don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but I didn't do anything iv not already done. I don't want to break down agian either. Also since starting this morning the battery is staying charged but my batter has a 2a draw coming from it only while running tho. And also since coming to life my iacv no longer works when I shift gears my rpm stay at 3k plus even if in neutral after changing a gear, when I come to a stop it takes at least 60 sec for rpm to come down when it does come down it drop past 1k kinda scary how fast it does it too but does not die Altho it feels like it wants too.

Comment

Any parasitic draw while car is off?

Comment

I really didn't read the block o' text, I'm on my phone, sorry.

2 amps while running is low, but I don't know if that is normal for the CB.

What happens when you unplug the IACV?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ever get this sorted?

Comment

Working...
            X