Originally posted by pr Cb7 View Post
    i Picked Them Up At The Jy

Btw Heres The Vid

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=33154214
    Awesome!

Comment

Anyone?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
        Anyone?
        I have no rubbing issues whatsoever. The hood is lifted up by 1mm, at most, when closed. Can't see it at all.
        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
          I'd like to know if anyone has had any rubbing issues after installing these?
          nope

Comment

bend the inner lip of the fender down a bit, the area that the shocks are pressing against. this will give it some more clearance. that's about the only rubbing issue I've ever had with this install.
            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

The only reason I ask is that I was test fitting and trying to see what would rub and it looked as if it was going to rub in these areas....

...because when I laid it down on those points, the end that was supposed to bolt up to the hood hinges looked like it was sitting too high when it would be closed.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

oh yeah, those are the areas i was talking about

after you tap the hinge and install the shocks, when you close the hood you will notice it will bump up in that area, like you said. so what you do is:

at those parts you circled in red, bend the fender metal down to allow more clearance. bend as far as it can go, which isn't too much, but it will be enough for the hood to sit flush again. the fender metal is thin enough that it will give if the hood shock needs any more clearance.

if you're concerned about the wheel well part, there is no worry. because the shocks have pivot points, the shock can angle slightly to the left or right, and this will be taken care of because the hinge on the fender is not centered with the hood hinge.

the shocks won't be like this: |_____| (looking straight down onto the engine bay)

the shocks will be like this after installed: \____/ (they will be slightly slanted and will clear the wheel well)

also, remember to remove those rubber hood cushions near where the fender bolt is, otherwise it gets in the way.
                blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

it'll touch the bay and the hood in the closed position, but it wont hold it from looking flush
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Wonder if S2000's work.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

This Is Sick!

Comment

I couldn't find my tap and die set, so I drilled through the bracket and used a lock washer and nut to secure the strut. Regarding the rubbing, mine is very minimal but my filament is off slightly. I'm pretty sure it's because I used the nuts which rub the hood behind the bracket. Don't mind the bent tips that was my fault
                        These are camera phone pics so sorry for the quality.

Comment

Dave, that shit looks good man... who's gonna notice it???
                          Last edited by Jarrett; 05-07-2012, 12:38 AM.
                          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

how much are you guys paying for these used from the junk yard? My local JY wants $30 but when I heard someone got them for $6 thats outrageous.

Comment

$15 for 2 Showa's

Comment

Originally posted by puzzlevil View Post
                                $15 for 2 Showa's

hood props look good dave

Comment

Working...
                                X