Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bisimoto Built Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto Built Head

Ok I have ordered Bisimoto lvl 2 NA cam, valve springs, titanium retainers and valves. Valves are 2mm OS intake and 1mm OS exhaust. I also pulled a used head from the jy and I'm going to have it ported and polished along with a 3 angle valve job.

My question is this, does anyone know the gains I can expect? I have a stock car with just an intake so far but am going to be throwing money at it like mad the next few months. I've looked for dyno charts but can't find any with the built head on a car that's pretty much stock other than that.

Will be ordering the header, clutch and flywheel from bisi next then an h23 IM and then comes an exhaust. Pretty much it.
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Stop doing what you're doing. Ordering a multitude of parts and then asking strangers on the internet to pretend dyno it for you is a horrible method for building a reliably fast car. With that cam and those valves what are you going to do about the stock 8.8:1 compression ratio? Sure, people have done it but I doubt you've even considered the variables here. What about tuning? What are your plans there? And will the fuel system's increased needs be addressed? Compression ratio aside, are you going to build all of this to run on a stock bottom end? Please, put your foot on the brakes and analyze what you're doing before you go spending money. I also hope you're not too surprised when the machine shop tells you what they're going to charge to install those new seats for you.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I 100% agree. I'd spend money on other bolt-ons first. Another thing to consider is why run oversized valves on an otherwise stock engine. If you are persistent on head work, do a little port work on the exhaust side and some better valve springs. These two things should help power without any drawbacks. I'd really look into tuning options first though.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Stop doing what you're doing. Ordering a multitude of parts and then asking strangers on the internet to pretend dyno it for you is a horrible method for building a reliably fast car. With that cam and those valves what are you going to do about the stock 8.8:1 compression ratio? Sure, people have done it but I doubt you've even considered the variables here. What about tuning? What are your plans there? And will the fuel system's increased needs be addressed? Compression ratio aside, are you going to build all of this to run on a stock bottom end? Please, put your foot on the brakes and analyze what you're doing before you go spending money. I also hope you're not too surprised when the machine shop tells you what they're going to charge to install those new seats for you.
        Yes stock bottom end. Not going for anything crazy just a nice bump in power. Ecu will be a chipped p28. After everything is ordered and installed I'm going to trailer it to Chicago to have it tuned. I live an hour and a half away. I have an adjustable fpr and a new fuel filter just need to see if I'm going to have to upgrade injectors

Comment

Of course you'll have to upgrade injectors. There are plenty of options out there you can consider from OBD1 H22A injectors, to K23A RDX injectors, to aftermarket ones. However, you seriously need to slow down on the aprts ordering. None of this stuff is thought out at all. Are you even sure you'll be able to go +1 on the exhaust valve and +2 on the intake valve without enlarging the bore size? I don't know but I wouldn't trust all that stuff to fit inside the confines of an 85mm bore that has likely mushroomed at the top like they usually do over time and miles.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Just a heads up, your going to need larger valve seats in the head to seat those valves properly on a stock head.
            Originally posted by Quashish
            Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
            Quashish dictionary
            Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
            To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

^^x2

Not to mention 36mm Int and 30mm exh. valves will be of no real gain on a stock bottom end. Your engine would stumble and fall all over itself with holes that big in it.

If you are not going to build the bottom end, larger bore, higher displacement, then I suggest you stick to the basic mods. maybe an upgraded camshaft, upgraded valvetrain and the usual intake manifold, header and intake mods. Then you can have it tuned and enjoy it.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

With those cams you are going to have to bump up the compression or they are a giant waste of money.
                Just stick with stock valve size, get a less aggressive cam, valve springs if necessary for cam, intake, header, exhaust, and a TUNE

Comment

Well this sux, can't buy what I want cause it will hurt more than help.

Comment

always do your research before you jump in. measure 4 times cut once.
                    Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

You should really look into JDM92_Accorn's build, you'll be amazed..

Comment

Originally posted by 92Inspire View Post
                        always do your research before you jump in. measure 4 times cut once.
                        Honestly I thought that with everything being upgraded and tuned I could run that head setup on a stock bottom end. I planned on buying everything piece by piece even the bolt ons. Then one weekend throwing on head, h23 IM, bisi header and a catback plus the upgraded injectors with the chipped Ecu, towing it to suja1 in Chicago and tuning it. But if that's not possible I guess I'm back to the basics

Comment

You'd be fine using stock obd1 h22 injectors for most of that build. Definitely no bigger then 450s. But that head build your talking about needs compression if you want your money to be worth anything.
                          My 91 ex coupe
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

So what if I used standard valves with the titanium springs retainers and cam? Would this be a better plan? Only reason I picked the OS I'd because that's the only package deal that he has on the website. Or otherwise you have to pay per valve

Comment

Clean and reuse OEM valves that are in spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X