Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help!! speakers keep blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! speakers keep blowing

I just installed my amp.

I got a Rockford Fosgate P300-1 300 Watt Mono Amplifier. I don't want it too loud and its not for show I just like bass in everything.

Everytime I wire two 12" subs to it they blow no matter how low my volume is. I did notice a considerable amount of noise from the car like the motor.

What can I do to stop blowing subs.
    IridiumCore
    HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
    Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

How many times have you blown subs? Once? Twice? How are you wiring them? What subs are you using? Sealed box, ported box, free air? Have you made sure your ground is solid and short?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
      How many times have you blown subs? Once? Twice? How are you wiring them? What subs are you using? Sealed box, ported box, free air? Have you made sure your ground is solid and short?
      I opened fuse box under the hood attached the wire to the positive side and ran that to the trunk for the power. The ground is attached to one the screws holding the speaker covers on. Using cheap subs since they keep blowing. The think the most expensive I've gotten was JL's from the pawn shop. Its a ported box.

When you say the ground is short do you mean the actual length. I thinks is about a foot of wire attached to the speaker covers located in the rear window.

I'm about to get a noise reducer because there is a lot of engine noise.

I've blown about six sets. The last set was a walmart brand. the amp is 300 watts and most of the sub's I've gotten have been 4 or better.
      IridiumCore
      HCK-The Beginning

Comment

there is something wrong with the wiring or the amp. If your getting engine noise, check your grounds all over. and you may want to use a self-tapping screw and make your own ground somewhere. and scrape of sand the paint off of the surrounding area for the ground to help.
        if all else fails, go have the amp tested somewhere.

Comment

Something is definitely wrong in the amp or wiring. Are you wiring the subs in stereo or bridged? Can you take some pics of the setup? We might be able to see something you wouldn't think to tell us.

Comment

Something is definitely wrong in the amp or wiring. Are you wiring the subs in stereo or bridged? Can you take some pics of the setup? We might be able to see something you wouldn't think to tell us.
            Yeah on lunch I'll run out and get some pics. A buddy of mine told me that since I am using electrical tape I may be having issues.

I'll take pics of the wiring behind the head unit and in the trunk.
            IridiumCore
            HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Adding Pics Shortly.

I just notice that behind the head unit I have two purple wires.
              One is plain purple and the other has a black stripe.

Well the purple is connected to the purple/black wire. I should switch that huh.
              IridiumCore
              HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Here are the pics

If you can't make them out clicking on the pic will open the photobucket alblum.

Behind the head unit

Under the hood

Ground

To the Amp
                IridiumCore
                HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Well, I'd keep that indash wiring to my self, but it's not the problem, although switching the purple wire might make things sound better, you won't know until you try. I'd find a place to connect my ground to make it shorter. The shorter the better. Mine is less than 12 inches. How are the subs wired to the amp? Are you sure the subs are blowing and it's not the amp dropping into protection mode? Have you tried wiring just one up?

Comment

Well, I'd keep that indash wiring to my self, but it's not the problem, although switching the purple wire might make things sound better, you won't know until you try. I'd find a place to connect my ground to make it shorter. The shorter the better. Mine is less than 12 inches. How are the subs wired to the amp? Are you sure the subs are blowing and it's not the amp dropping into protection mode? Have you tried wiring just one up?
                    LOL, Yeah I prolly should huh. I know its ugly.
                    Yeah it does sound better. Yeah it's not going in to protect mode. I tried the speakers on a different source and got nothing. But they go from the amp to the box. The box is wired internally to the speakers. I'm about to put some hinges and flap to get insidethe box easier.
                    IridiumCore
                    HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Also (this wont stop the speakers from blowing, but you said you are hearing noise from the engine) make sure your RCA's are ran down the opposite side of the car than the power wires. When it comes to the speakers.....hmmmmm....I would try another amp. Hop on craigslist and see what the have for cheap. Something isn't right for sure....just not able to make an exact opinion without actually being there and physically looking at your set up.
                      91 LX Under Construction. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post2017900

Comment

Originally posted by Sway View Post
                        Also (this wont stop the speakers from blowing, but you said you are hearing noise from the engine) make sure your RCA's are ran down the opposite side of the car than the power wires. When it comes to the speakers.....hmmmmm....I would try another amp. Hop on craigslist and see what the have for cheap. Something isn't right for sure....just not able to make an exact opinion without actually being there and physically looking at your set up.
                        Thanks for all your help gentlemen. I think I'll hold off on the system for know at least until I can get some one to look it over. I just hate having no substantial bass when I'm on the road.
                        IridiumCore
                        HCK-The Beginning

Comment

did you try turning thet gain down on the amp? i went through a few cars with the same issue... turns out my dumb ass was WAAAAAAAAY overpowering the subs and fryin the voice coils
                          THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadnothing85 View Post
                            did you try turning thet gain down on the amp? i went through a few cars with the same issue... turns out my dumb ass was WAAAAAAAAY overpowering the subs and fryin the voice coils
                            Yo I haven't touched it. That would make alot of since. I'll give it a shot. My novice ass figured if the amp was 300 watts and speaker were 400 it they could handle it.
                            IridiumCore
                            HCK-The Beginning

Comment

My gain is a bit under halfway on my P3001.
                              I have it powering a JLW3V2.

Like he said^^^ try the gain.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                              Bought from: ChampCoupe
                              Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Working...
                              X