No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a hell of a deal on this bezel. I'm not sure if I like the gauges in the current bezel or not. Either way I picked this piece up for $13.00 shipped.

The STM fuel pump rewiring kit is on the way. http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...rewire_kit.htm

Comment

My official parts list for my order next week.

Walbro 190 Fuel Pump GSS 250 & Install Kit 400-847
      STM Fuel Pump Rewire Kit -Purchased
      OEM Valve Cover Gasket
      OEM Valve Cover Spark Plug Well Gaskets
      VHT Wrinkle Red SP204
      OEM Oil Cap Gasket
      OEM Fuel Filter
      NGK BPR6ES Spark Plugs
      STM Boost Leak Tester 2.0"

After that it's looking like:

Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 215/50ZR17
      Interstate Batteries PowerFast Series 86 Automotive Battery 520CCA

And installing the new brake parts that came with the car. Rotors and pads for either the front or the rear. I haven't checked yet.

Comment

Damn!! Good find! I want one just because.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Damn!! Good find! I want one just because.
          It was luck for sure!

Comment

Everything is purchased.

Walbro 190 Fuel Pump GSS 250 & Install Kit 400-847
            STM Fuel Pump Rewire Kit
            OEM Valve Cover Gasket
            OEM Valve Cover Spark Plug Well Gaskets
            VHT Wrinkle Red SP204
            OEM Oil Cap Gasket
            OEM Fuel Filter
            NGK BPR6ES Spark Plugs
            STM Boost Leak Tester 2.0"

I also ordered two Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 215/50ZR17 tires for the rear.

Comment

I just ordered two more Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 215/50ZR17 tires. So I'm set on brand new tires.

The tires on it now, one on the back is newer than the rest (I hate this on an all wheel drive car especially with LSD's) and the rest are dry cracked.

I also ordered a 3M headlight restore kit, VHT wrinkle red valve cover paint and flat black Valspar Anti-Rust Armour aerosol paint. A ordered a set of wire wheels as well to prep the valve cover surface for paint.

Comment

The tires have arrived. Hankook Ventus S1 Nobel2's in 215/50ZR17. Getting them put on tomorrow!

Comment

STM fuel pump rewiring kit. Walbro 190 should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Got the tires put on today. Went for a 30-40 mile drive. Had a blast on the straight Iowa roads.
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-17-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

So I checked the turbocharger for shaft play and found absolutely none in either of the possible directions.

I pulled the plugs out and found it has Champion spark plugs... They do appear to be new but they are not NGK's so... Luckily on a hunch I ordered a set of NGK BPR6ES's and they have already been on their way for the past few days. I knew I needed a valve cover gasket and I figured I'd throw in the spark plug tube gaskets as well. Which I'm glad I did because I found one leaking pretty severely.

I removed the upper timing cover to have a look at the belt and I'm quite certain that I need a new timing belt and related components... I need to look at the service manual to see the recommended change intervals but just from looking at the belt it looks pretty worn to me.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-24-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Purchased a metal EVO 8 blow off valve. Which will hold boost north of 20psi.

Comment

Evo 8 BOV arriving Thursday. The factory 2G BOV is plastic and doesn't hold boost well.

The 1G BOV is an upgrade over the 2G and is metal but doesn't like to hold boost well past 15psi. Plus to use it I'd have to modify my BOV housing to use it.

So I went with the EVO 8 factory BOV as it is designed to hold at least 21psi as that's what the EVO 8 puts out stock. It's metal and bolts right on.
                          Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-19-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

3M headlight restore arrived today.

After / Before

And this is what it looks like now.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-24-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

STM order arrived today as well.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-24-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Holy clean ride for an awesome price! Just don't go blowing the welds on your intake manifold!
                                On a serious note, are the led side gauges stock?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Working...
                                X