Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

KONI STR.T and Neuspeed springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got an impression that you got like a package deal with polyurethane bushings and camber kit together for $175. I will do more research on suspension thing.

I know the OE bushings are in need of replacement. I have been noticing that the car goes/shakes side ways as I go over some bumps at speed. It is more noticeable when one of rear tires hits a pothole or something. I think it is called "bump steer". Back tires are not keeping their toe angle where they have to be as they go over bumps, that is what it feels like.This is why I am thinking of replacing bushings, now.

KONI struts and Newspeed springs are going to be delivered tomorrow but I would have to hold off on installation on these struts and springs because I would like to take care other things, like bushings, camber and alignment at one shot. My knowledge, finance and parts are not lined up yet completely.

Right now I am interested learning in "camber tools" and procedure for DIY. Does any one have information on these?
    A&P-IA

Comment

What do you mean by "camber tools"? Alignment tools? It's fairly tricky to do any sort of wheel alignment yourself.

As for installation of a camber kit of any type... it's pretty self explanatory when you look at the parts. Remove and replace. Just don't overtorque anything.

If you want a kit that includes all new stuff for the upper control arm, get the TASauto upper control arm kit. It's not $175, though... much more than that.

Comment

Yes, "alignment tool" is what I meant. Doing it will be tricky I am sure. The reason I am trying doing it myself is that I have another car, a Civic chassis, that has "coil-over-sleeve". I think that's what they are. The chassis is waiting for me to install the engine from another Civic, I used drive, with bent-up rear end. I would have to be doing camber adjustments and other work on this Civic as well. If I have the tool, I can do it and learn a thing or two. Use the knowledge on other cars I may come across.

http://www.bbn-performance.com/cst.html

I found this link just now. They have adjustable upper arms for our cars.

I will check out TASauto site again.
        Last edited by oyajicool; 12-08-2010, 01:48 AM.
        A&P-IA

Comment

The tools that you can use to do it yourself are really just gauges to measure the angles of toe, camber, and caster. The tools are simple. Knowing how to use them properly, and being able to do it accurately... THAT is where it gets tricky. Especially if you don't have a lift to work with. Doing it on your back with jackstands is not going to be fun. Possible, yes... but easy... hell no.

Comment

I turn wrenches for living, not on cars, though.

I know nothing is easy on turning wrenches. I always say, "if it was easy, every one is doing my job". 10 minutes job turns into 1 day job sometimes. And I have to let my customer know why it took that much time. Some understand, some don't.

Turning wrench is not easy, but the hardest part, to me, is getting paid for that work.

TASauto has a kit, but theirs does not feature for adjustment for camber angle.

"Doing it on your back with jackstands is not going to be fun. Possible, yes... but easy... hell no."
            Is this from your experience?
            A&P-IA

Comment

There is a local company that's selling an upper control arm kit like TAS for A LOT cheaper

http://www.builtbynotorious.com/cstfrcakit19.html

but I really don't know how reliable and well made it is. And I doubt it comes with Poly bushings for the anchor bolts...looks like you'd have to use your stock ones. But it says it corrects up to 4 degrees of camber.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                I turn wrenches for living, not on cars, though.

I know nothing is easy on turning wrenches. I always say, "if it was easy, every one is doing my job". 10 minutes job turns into 1 day job sometimes. And I have to let my customer know why it took that much time. Some understand, some don't.

Turning wrench is not easy, but the hardest part, to me, is getting paid for that work.

TASauto has a kit, but theirs does not feature for adjustment for camber angle.

"Doing it on your back with jackstands is not going to be fun. Possible, yes... but easy... hell no."
                Is this from your experience?
                The payback is not there, if it's a money issue... unless you plan on starting a backyard alignment business

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Losi---I just checked out the link for Notorious. That is the one I was talking about on couple posts back. I will look on-line to see if anyone has experience on these. The thing I am worried about this set-up is the ball joints are on slider. Unless there are grooves cut to prevent from sliding, the thing may become loose. Not good.

I saw, also, the ones from Progress. Initially I was not turned on to these but I am having second thoughts on these. I mean, these, looks like to have positive lock on setting.

glory---Money is tight as always. I understand your point and I always take that into account when I make decision on any project I do. But in the end, working on cars are like a hobby to me. I want to see if I can do it or not,,,,.

UPS was here while I was away. I have to wait till tomorrow to see my new shocks and springs,,,,
                  Last edited by oyajicool; 12-08-2010, 12:11 PM.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

Shocks and springs are here! I see them together in one unit and it reminds me of orange or a football team, University of Miami.

I may paint the springs to different color. Has anyone painted springs and got good result? What type paint did you use?
                    Last edited by oyajicool; 12-09-2010, 11:29 AM.
                    A&P-IA

Comment

Hey... if you have a camera, can you get pics of the old & new setups? I'm curious to see if the spring perch on the STR.Ts is lower than stock.

I still don't think you need a camber kit, TBH. Like I said, I had a setup slightly lower than yours w/no camber kit, and it handled great.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I can do that maybe this weekend. I am a little behind of my work due to me goofing off on this site,,,,and others,,,,. How do I post pictures on this forum?
                        A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                          I can do that maybe this weekend. I am a little behind of my work due to me goofing off on this site,,,,and others,,,,. How do I post pictures on this forum?
                          Two ways

You can load the pictures up to a hosting site like tinypic.com, or photobucket.com etc, and then post the image with [IMG](picture address)[/IMG] tags

Or you can load them as attachments in the "Go Advanced" or "Edit Post" screen

Comment

Keep us posted on your progress. I currently am looking to but the Koni Str.t also the only difference between your springs and mine is they are the race version. Hope you get them on this weekend.

Comment

I don't have account with photo hosting site and I don't think I will open it any time soon. So I need to go with the second option, but for some reason it is not working for me.

There is no "Go Advance" button I can see as I type now.

When I see "Go Advance" button, I clicked on it and the screen pops up. It says to click on "Quick Reply". I click that and the same screen pops up.

There is the button for "Insert Image" up above now. I click on that, then I see a bar that says something about "Scripted Window". I give temp permission. Then another screen pops up and it is asking for URL. ???

I am lost,,,,.

Anyways, I don't think I can commence the installation of the shocks this weekend. But I was going to take comparison pictures and post them. At the moment, I can't do that, even. Pooh

%%%%%%

I just found that there is a box on left bottom corner, that says "You may not post attachments." How can I change that? Or am I even allowed to do it or post pics????
                              Last edited by oyajicool; 12-09-2010, 07:06 PM.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

It seems like getting an account with one of those photo hosting site is the easy way to post picture here. I will look into that a little later.

Anyways, I was goofing off again thinking about the car and the suspension. I was on Summit Racing site and looking at SPC adjustable ball joints. Their site for this type does not include LX model as applicable model for some reason. Are the difference between LX and other models? My car is 93 2D LX with 5MT.

Also, there are two P/N of these joints, standard and extreme. With Neuspeed sports springs, it will be "standard" is, what I think, I will be needing. Can anyone confirm this?

Now, I'm back to work,,,,
                                A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                                X