X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
    good choice
    you wont regret it
    yeah what I am regretting though is not getting an LSD 5spd, M2B4. I couldn't find one for the price I was looking at. But I did manage to find a M2A4 JDM 5spd nonLSD for 100 bucks. The guy says it has about 87k on it and no grinds, I'm hoping.

I was thinking about putting in an aftermarket LSD in there though. Are those OBX ones any good?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      But I did manage to find a M2A4 JDM 5spd nonLSD for 100 bucks. The guy says it has about 87k on it and no grinds, I'm hoping.
      That is a DAMN good steal. deals.
      I was thinking about putting in an aftermarket LSD in there though. Are those OBX ones any good?
      ive never really heard anyone complain about it. and i know of a few people who make a decent amount of power who have it.

Comment

OBX have gotten way worse in quality. I would not waste your money on one. They used to be great for D series transmissions but things went from bad to worse and they are complete crap now. I wouldnt risk it, but its your money and your transmission.

Comment

i got a exedy stage 1 clutch and stock resurfaced flywheel. id give it to you for 200 shipped. only put 1500 miles on it
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
            i got a exedy stage 1 clutch and stock resurfaced flywheel. id give it to you for 200 shipped. only put 1500 miles on it
            oh i already got a exedy stg 1 and fidanza new like a month ago, thanks anyways.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I am oficially driving a 5spd now!

Its been a little over 1 week since I've had the 5spd in the car, and I'm pretty impressed with the performance gain over the JDM Auto. Power seems like it comes on VERY strong especially w/ these short gears of the M2A4.

Trans is just like the person said, NO GRINDS! so its good for now. The 8lb Fidanza flywheel I got takes a little getting used to since its so light, gotta keep the revs up at like 1500 when I take off from a stop but nothing crazy.

ESP mounts also fit in perfect. But there is a tad bit of vibration when idle, especially noticeable w/ the AC on, but the engine definitely stays put when shifting quickly.

I've only been driving stick for about a week now, but can already chirp 3rd gear. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. Its SO much fun!

Everything went smooth w/ the 5spd install. I was missing a couple parts here and there (shift fork for clutch, cable bracket, and a couple plastic washers for the cables), and the hardline I got was apparently screwed up so I had my swap guy put in a steel braided line all the way from the CMC.

Speed sensor was also missing from the trans so I had to grab one from a H23 prelude, but that was an easy swap.

Only thing now is the Cruise Control doesn't work, its prob. a cable loose somewhere, most likely the one that goes through the firewall. And the Back up lights don't come on, but those are minor thing's i'll fix in the next week or so.

Other than that, no regrets!

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

glad to hear that you like your stick. they are fun once you've been driving them for awhile. keep up the awsome work.

Later
                Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Sold to: 1993haccord, samrjr0044, blk91coupe

Comment

Its been a little over 1 week since I've had the 5spd in the car, and I'm pretty impressed with the performance gain over the JDM Auto. Power seems like it comes on VERY strong especially w/ these short gears of the M2A4.

Trans is just like the person said, NO GRINDS! so its good for now. The 8lb Fidanza flywheel I got takes a little getting used to since its so light, gotta keep the revs up at like 1500 when I take off from a stop but nothing crazy.

ESP mounts also fit in perfect. But there is a tad bit of vibration when idle, especially noticeable w/ the AC on, but the engine definitely stays put when shifting quickly.

I've only been driving stick for about a week now, but can already chirp 3rd gear. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. Its SO much fun!

Everything went smooth w/ the 5spd install. I was missing a couple parts here and there (shift fork for clutch, cable bracket, and a couple plastic washers for the cables), and the hardline I got was apparently screwed up so I had my swap guy put in a steel braided line all the way from the CMC.

Speed sensor was also missing from the trans so I had to grab one from a H23 prelude, but that was an easy swap.

Only thing now is the Cruise Control doesn't work, its prob. a cable loose somewhere, most likely the one that goes through the firewall. And the Back up lights don't come on, but those are minor thing's i'll fix in the next week or so.

Other than that, no regrets!
                  Your cruise control doesn't work because the auto's and manual's are wired backwards from each other.

You have to dick with the ground, or put a manual computer in your car.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    Your cruise control doesn't work because the auto's and manual's are wired backwards from each other.

You have to dick with the ground, or put a manual computer in your car.
                    oh, so would converting the ECU to manual make it work? or would I need to actually mess w/ that cable?

It looks like when the gas pedal is pressed, the CC cable and arm aren't. So i thought that was the cause for it not working?

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

oh, so would converting the ECU to manual make it work? or would I need to actually mess w/ that cable?

It looks like when the gas pedal is pressed, the CC cable and arm aren't. So i thought that was the cause for it not working?
                      No, the cruise control ECU would need to be swapped. Some wires may need to be changed too, depending on what he did.

Comment

i love the S2k seats!!!

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

glad to hear its 5 speed, that makes me like your car a lot more lol

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                            i love the S2k seats!!!
                            yeah they're not S2K seats, I was THIS close to buying them, but the guy backed out. They're still nice and supportive though.

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                            glad to hear its 5 speed, that makes me like your car a lot more lol
                            oh yeah, I like my car a lot more too haha. Going through the gears is a totally new experience. I actually have something to do now when driving. I doubt I've listened to my radio in the past week lol. The engine is my new radio.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              No, the cruise control ECU would need to be swapped. Some wires may need to be changed too, depending on what he did.
                              Yeah I called Joe @ Locash today and he said that converting the ECU to manual won't change anything, plus I'm not throwing any CELs so its not needed.

So would getting a manual CC solve my issue at all? or would I still need to rewire shit to make it work?

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Yeah I called Joe @ Locash today and he said that converting the ECU to manual won't change anything, plus I'm not throwing any CELs so its not needed.

So would getting a manual CC solve my issue at all? or would I still need to rewire shit to make it work?
                                Depends on what he did. You need to ask your swapper. That is what you paid him for, and he should be able to look at the diagrams and know.

Comment

Working...
                                X