Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic transmission problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem Different story

I have a 92 Accord LX and i am getting the same codes, I pulled the TCU and it was burned up. So i went to junk yard and got a used TCU for 50 bucks. but i still get the same codes even after i have changed fluid, both set of solenoids, TCU, and cleaned battery terminals. I have checked all wiring and everything is okay. I drove it around for an hour after swapping out everything and it was fine nothing messed up and ran normal. then went to drive it this morning and it is giving me codes 1,2,3,5,7,8,14 all over again. WTF! If some one could please help

Comment

Originally posted by J32TLS View Post
      I have a 92 Accord LX and i am getting the same codes, I pulled the TCU and it was burned up. So i went to junk yard and got a used TCU for 50 bucks. but i still get the same codes even after i have changed fluid, both set of solenoids, TCU, and cleaned battery terminals. I have checked all wiring and everything is okay. I drove it around for an hour after swapping out everything and it was fine nothing messed up and ran normal. then went to drive it this morning and it is giving me codes 1,2,3,5,7,8,14 all over again. WTF! If some one could please help
      Did you open the new TCU? There is a DIY repair thread on here too. This is an old thread and you may be considered thread jacking. I would suggest starting with the TCU repair thread and then making a new thread in the technical section so your problem can be address apropriately. You will get more responses that way too. BTW it is generally known that TCU's from the junk yard are a crap shoot and most likely bad, there is a good chance that could be the reason the car is in the junk yard to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by J32TLS View Post

You bought another bad tcu, dirty fluid and battery terminals won't set those codes. Did you check it before you bought it? When I bought mine I did. I actually pulled a bad one first and was pretty pissed since they're a bitch to remove.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        Did you open the new TCU? There is a DIY repair thread on here too. This is an old thread and you may be considered thread jacking. I would suggest starting with the TCU repair thread and then making a new thread in the technical section so your problem can be address apropriately. You will get more responses that way too. BTW it is generally known that TCU's from the junk yard are a crap shoot and most likely bad, there is a good chance that could be the reason the car is in the junk yard to begin with.
        W already know what his problem is, there's no need for another thread where he says the same shit I did and gets 100 responses from people telling him to check the TCU

Comment

Working...
        X