No announcement yet.

xtd clutch kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didn't see if anyone was using this with the stock flywheel...anyone? i haven't put mine in yet...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

i had a stage 1 exedy with stock flywheel. grabbed awesome for me, no complaints only praises to exedy. lol yeah why would a stage 1 be that much different over oem, its just a slight improvement on the disc i believe. if you want that much of a change get a different tranny, a different motor or stage 3 clutch. than ull feel something different

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
        ^^^lol, bringin it back from the dead?

Stage one here with their 12lb flywheel for 230 of ebay...Great cluthc IMO, smooth as hell.

ILBB
        According to you, the XTD flywheel did not come with timing marks. How did you end up solving that issue?
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I just etched them in and used some white paint over the marks....That was my solution. If I had known that it did not come with the marks I would have sent my Stock H22 flywheel to http://www.dh-racing.com/

Member's Ride

Comment

just got my stage three xtd clutch and fidianza 8 lb flywheel yesterday... ive yet yo put it on yet but ill post later on how everything feels

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

does anyone have any experience with the stage 2 kit? or how hard is it to drive with the stage 3 kit? does the car still run smooth while daily driving?

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
              My Ride

Comment

im thinkin of buying this XTD stage 3..... im still lookin up for some results from the people who just bought it...

i have a fidanza 8 lb flywheel mated with a exedy stage 1 clutch..for the h22 tranny. my throw out bearing has gone bad.

bump for results.

Comment

why the eff do you need stage 3? are you really pushing 600 hp that requires that beefy of a clutch?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

I'm gonna get the Stage 1 or 2. Pretty much the same thing except the stage 2 has a carbon kevlar disk, supposedly it lasts longer. But should I pay the extra $50 for that? Probably not if I only need this one to last like a year, huh.

I'm pretty sure Deevergote bought the stage 3 and is installing it soon, ask him how it goes.
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by OnE eYe GuY
                      why the eff do you need stage 3? are you really pushing 600 hp that requires that beefy of a clutch?
                      Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                      i've had the XTD stage 3 for a year now, and about 11,xxx miles on the swap/clutch since. it still grabs hard, but definetely easier to drive than it was when first installed. i have it mated to a fidanza 8pd. flywheel and i have no complaints. clutch pedal feel is a bit firmer over stock but not over-bearing; probably one of the best bargains i've bought for the H22 that i'd recommend to others.
                      Originally posted by quakerjoe
                      just got my stage three xtd clutch and fidianza 8 lb flywheel yesterday... ive yet yo put it on yet but ill post later on how everything feels

chill man.........can you ask these guys the same question too?

i was reading the whole thread before i asked the question.... Plus the guy who started this thread needed feed back from a stage 3 clutch. my car may not be 600+hp but there are some guys who did BUY the stage 3 clutch and i know they are not pushing 600+ hp. I see a good deal on ebay, and if i can get a pretty decent upgraded clutch.. then why not?

Comment

aimcoclutches.com

163 shipped for the stage 2 xtd

Comment

so have you put in that stage 3 clutch and flywheel combo yet quakerjoe? I just bought one and was wondering how the the pedal feels because that was really my main concern, heard nothing but good stuff about the XTD so I just wanted to know if it still feels more like stock. hopefully it does cause thiers no going back for me now.

Comment

sorry it took so long to respond i lost track of this thread... but ill post now so that maybe someone can get some use from it....
                            anyways i have the xtd stage three and an 8lbs findinza flywheel... it seems to be alright for daily driving the clutch is not any stiff than stock i think... i only have one complaint and that is that i got a flywheel that is too light... i wish i would have gone with maybe a 12lbs... cause it really just lacks torque and i love torque... and you have to rev quite a bit higher just to get it to engage smoothly... other than that this clutch holds pretty good... it doesnt slip any more... but it does slip a ton during the break in... at least it did for me... i think its better suited for a higher reving motor and longer gears, but thats me... i fly through my first couple gears like nothing now i feel like its not taking full advantage of the motor or the gearing... but pretty good for the price i think... and good for DD's

and no im not pushing 600 hp... but its a good thing im not... cause this clutch isnt even rated for 400 hp... but i got it cause i knew i was going to be swapping my motor soon and i would be putting down a little more... its not like its a $600 clutch... just a cheapy to at least tide me over for another one... but it did make me faster cause for some reason it stopped the leak in my turn signal fluid line... so im not complaining...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Working...
                            X