f22a6 to f22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6 to f22a1

does any one know why the f22a6 has more power then the f22a1, like is it an easily changable part that i can swap out

A6 has a dual runner intake manifold with butterfly valves that open at high RPM, as well as a split port exhaust manifold. In order for you to "convert" your A1 to an A6, you will need the exhaust manifold, intake manifold, ECU, and butterfly valve solenoid. Not to mention, A6 cars run a higher fuel pressure than the A1/A4 cars do. If you are just looking for more power, there are much more cost effective ways to gain 20 ponies.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

tell me about this exaust manifold....

the cam shaft are differnt as well.

the f22a6 is said to be at like 140 and the f22a1 at 125 i think
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The exhaust manifold? oh, come on ztech, you should know this. The A4 and A6 have that split port manifold that kinda looks like an aftermarket header. The A1 on the other hand has a conventional cast iron manifold which collects into one single pipe.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

nooo i always thought the a4 and a6 header was exactly the same?? can u draw it or something?

hahah hey!! im learning too!!
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

a4

a6

i see it but i dont see a purpose

Retro!

Hater

Comment

He's saying the A4 and A6 header are the same for all practical purposes. The A1 has a 4-1 manifold.

Comment

i thought he said the a6 and a4 was differnt. they are both 4-2-1

Retro!

Hater

Comment

don't forget - you need the a6 ECU too, i do believe.

Comment

What I was saying is that the A4 and A6 exhaust manifold IS the same, its the A1 manifold that is different. Sorry if I confused ya.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

hey sorry for the resurection but this has been discussed with fizz in a thread he started, does anyone know for sure whether the a4 or the a6 manifold has better gains? Reason I ask is cuz I have an a6 manifold but if the a4 is better I'll get one of them instead

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

The A1 and A4 manifolds are the same for the Intake. The exhaust is where the A1 and A4 are different. Only the A6 has the dual runner.

F22a1 = 125 hp
                        F22a4 = 130 hp
                        F22a6 = 140 hp

Comment

right, but in terms of exhaust manifolds is what I meant

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

A6 is still superior to the A1/4

A6 > A4 > A1

Better yet, just slap on a header.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                              the a4 HEADER is superior to the a6 exhaust MANIFOLD (in my opinion)....manifolds never outflow headers when they're mostly equal in design....both are 4-2-1, but the a4's header lacks all that casting flash that a CAST MANIFOLD will give you.....it's smoother, should flow better and should outperform the a6's manifold......albeit a couple of hp or so, but still, until i see proof the a6 manifold is better than the a4's header, i won't believe it

i have one of each (a1 4-1, a4 4-2-1 header, a6 4-2-1 manifold) and i've settled with the a4's header
                              So if that's the case...we're assuming the A4 exh. manifold gives the F22a1 5 hp, because other than that they're the same. Say that the A6 exh. manifold gives only 3 hp, you're saying that the intake manifold is a 12 hp bolt on? I'm sure there's differences in the cam and the fuel map, but if that's the case, then the intake manifold is a better bolt on than anything else for a non-A6 car.

Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X