headlight tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight tint

kinda cool stuff can be used for many things other then lights.. im still on the hunt for light blue tint like Mercedes have..
    http://www.decalfx.com/blue_headlight_film.html

for those that dont know what im talking about
    this is a factory window color on a benz
    http://www.usedcarsforsalein.net/buy...XyyyiyAvARdzzi

Let's hope immaturity doesn't ruin version 2 of this thread...

Comment

ive seen the blue tinted windows off the german cars. sometimes i wonder if they're pushing it when it comes to legal limits of things on cars.

i wouldnt put that stuff on my headlights though. they just scream "pull me over"

Comment

Honestly, it makes me think of a protective film you get on electronics and such... like camera screens. Stuff that's only there to keep it from getting scratched, that you peel off as soon as you want to use it.

Comment

Its a cheaper alternative to painting headlights but not as many color options...

Comment

I know this is often suggested when people ask about yellow high beams... I've never seen it done, though.

Comment

there are benefits if you have heard of laser veil.
              colours don't look so good but if you had a matt black car with dark tints all round it can be pulled off. I'd be more worried about the amount of light i loose and whether people can see when i brake.

on the race track it means get of the cars way in lemans etc. faster cars have yellow lenses.

Comment

I'd like to apologize if my part in the previous thread was part of the immaturity. I'd still like to offer the option of using a candy color in a rattle can to tint your lights, much like a color version of Nite Shades.

Comment

are you going for the look of HIDs? if so just get HIDs, they're dirt cheap now. I picked up a set for my daily for 20 bucks on my local forum. They can be had for as little as 35 bucks on ddmtuning.com

Why you'd want to give yourself worse lighting at night when you need it the most is puzzling to me.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    are you going for the look of HIDs? if so just get HIDs, they're dirt cheap now. I picked up a set for my daily for 20 bucks on my local forum. They can be had for as little as 35 bucks on ddmtuning.com

Why you'd want to give yourself worse lighting at night when you need it the most is puzzling to me.
                    Read the first post again

Comment

I could see that being done on the fog lights, and its not like it a permanent thing, I would do blue or yellow. But that is just me. Where can one acquire such tint?
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                      X