No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'm really happy with the wheels; they really compliment the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      ...they really compliment the car.
      agreed.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Comment

Thanks gents. Hopefully she will look better when I get my GReddy lip back from being repaired and one tire size thinner width on the front. Suspension is next on the list and then it'll be fender flare time.

Comment

Few pics.

Got around to cleaning the messed up clear coat off the wheels and polishing them so they all looked decent. Then proceeded to curb one (first time I ever curbed a wheel). Did the H23 manual timing belt tensioner conversion too. Highly recommend it.

Comment

Another little something. Ordered Energy Suspension upper control arm bushings as well.

Comment

accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Replaced my crappy old bushings.

Also have a tri-y header on the way.

Comment

Got around to doing my 5 speed swap (HUGE thanks to H311RA151N on the DIY thread). Turns out I must've messed something up when I went into the M2S4 so that got 86'ed for a 99 Accord trans I picked up from Manny_Turbo for a really good price. Purchased a shift extender from BlackPath which I'm pretty happy with as well as some solid shifter bushings from TWM Performance. It all comes together for a pretty nice shifter feel compared to the stock setup. I'm just glad I finally get to put my GReddy shift knob to use. I've been hanging on to that thing for almost 2 years now.

Comment

I love how this car's coming together, you've got a great parts list.

... fender flares? You trying to re-create Ronald's car or something? Not that there's anything wrong with that at all (his sedan is still the background on my PS3, lol)! They just seem to have very similar looks.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks man! It always means a lot to me to receive compliments about this car.

Yeah, fender flares. When I first joined the site, Ronald's car astonished me. I've always drawn a bit of inspiration from his car. I want to take the look a bit further though; kind of piece together my own build with ideas and looks I like from others. That and it's really hard to stand out from the crowd these days it seems. I don't want to be just another CB7 with the usual cookie cutter mods. That's basically how the Rocket Bunny spoiler came about. I had such a hard time finding a nice stock flushmount that I became fed up and decided I wanted something nobody else had. I doubt anyone will remember that I was the first CB with a Rocket Bunny spoiler, but I took that risk and blazed that trail.

Comment

Thanks Richie!

Very nice man

Comment

I don't want to be just another CB7 with the usual cookie cutter mods. That's basically how the Rocket Bunny spoiler came about. I had such a hard time finding a nice stock flushmount that I became fed up and decided I wanted something nobody else had. I doubt anyone will remember that I was the first CB with a Rocket Bunny spoiler, but I took that risk and blazed that trail.
                            It paid off, man. With the CB having the same kind of rounded-boxy styling as the S13, the wing works.

I do appreciate the aggression you're getting at, too. I've seen cars overdo it, but so far you've picked out parts that compliment each other. I saw your earlier post responding to color-matching the new parts. I like that you're not; the black adds to that raw, racy look.
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-06-2015, 07:50 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I see a lot of years of work put into this things. Looks original.
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                It paid off, man. With the CB having the same kind of rounded-boxy styling as the S13, the wing works.

I do appreciate the aggression you're getting at, too. I've seen cars overdo it, but so far you've picked out parts that compliment each other. I saw your earlier post responding to color-matching the new parts. I like that you're not; the black adds to that raw, racy look.
                                I'm still on the fence about color matching at least the hood. I feel like the trim black paint works well with the side skirts and door moldings; like it flows without matching.

Straight Success, thanks man. Still have many more years before it's where I want it.

Comment

Working...
                                X