No announcement yet.

CB7DX420 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sure do, I sometimes find myself looking at EF's again (I always miss my 91 DX hatch) but I always tell myself "why would you ditch the CB? she's a beast!" lol.

I actually just got some new fun bits for my car for Christmas, too bad we have 6 inches of snow and sub zero temps, so I cant do anything till spring lol

But I got:
    3.5" inlet x 10" length solid top Airaid style filter (OEM was totally black with dirt!)
    SickSpeed (I know, ebay sucks ) 1" gold anodized hood spacers (gold to match my oem gold grill and trunk H's)
    some generic eBay 4dr rain visors, gonna paint em' with Duplicolor Trim Paint
    OEM Honda VC gasket
    OEM Honda cap & rotor
    Wrinkle Plus Red paint (I love wrinkle red!) for VC and brake calipers

and a special gift from dad, an F23A longblock in running condition, F23/F22 N/A hybrid here I come!!

it was a tight Christmas with the move, taking a toll on finances, but its always fun to get new parts

In the near future I'll be picking up: a Legend front lip (neighbors parting their CB out ), H23 transmission (unless I get a deal on a T2T4), OEM Honda clutch, and a 92-93 sedan trunk swap. (from the neighbor as well)

Comment

Snatched up an H23 transmission like planed for $50, but it needs 5th gear redone its a grinder... like my H2U5...

I barely got the CB back on the road, but im fallin in love with her all over again, especially with the cone filter, made her respond so much nicer, quite the tone too

But right now my focus is on my quad.

Since we moved to the middle of nowhere we got quads
      picked these up:
      1987 Suzuki LT250R - 2 stroke - 32HP 6 speed 250cc (powervalve), for myself
      1988 Yamaha Blaster - 2 stroke - 13 HP 6 speed 200cc, for my brother Mike
      1994 & 2000 Kawasaki Bayou 220 - 4 stroke, 8 HP 5 speed clutchless 220cc for my little brother and one for my dad too.

gotta love tax season right?

Comment

Whats up buddy!
        Glad to hear you still got the accord. I remember when i installed an intake on my ol F22, she screamed after!

Funny thing is i just did a h23 trans swap on a friends CB7 and his 5th gear was shot too...dam

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
        MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
        11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Ha that's funny man, what are the odds.

and yeah the CB is here to stay even though she's a sedan lol

I've got a few things in the wings man, I've got:

H23 trans. (5th bad)
          F23A long block (90K miles)
          2.5 collector for stock A4 header
          Delta 272 cam
          H22A intake manifold, TB, & injectors off an OBD1 VTEC prelude
          and a P06 from Phearable.net

I just need to save a little more and I'll be running that setup with a full 3" catless exhaust made by me, and I still need to get an H2F intake adapter from Evolution so I can run my H22A OBD1 manifold I picked from a Prelude in the wrecking yard.

I think that setup should put down 170+WHP, I saw a dyno of a stock A6 with and H22A mani make 140 something on a stock ECU so I figure my guess should be close, what do you think?

pff..I think she's peppy now hot damn she's gonna fly then!
          and if I ever get the "need for speed" lol I'll setup a safe shot of Nitrous

after I've got her new heart beatin' hard I'll get some Coilovers and some 16x8's with radials on the front to hold her to the ground and get her lookin' proper

Comment

It's been a while since I've been here, I've been working on my Suzuki LT250R ATV and I've been beatin up the local dunes with it, railed a Raptor 660 like it was a kids quad everyone here loves their 4 stroke till my 2 stroke whips its behind

anyways, I figured I'd give ya'll an update on where the CB's going.

So I'm back in school again, this time for and ART degree.
            If their (TreasureValley Community) estimate is right after all the books and art supplies I should be sitting on $1,400 give or take a few bucks.

So I battled on whether or not to buy a motorcycle or sexy up the CB ,I'm 21 so of course I love the idea of having something dangerous , but at the same time how can I not love the idea of having the CB look ballin' for the honeys?

In the end I decided to sexy up the ol' CB
            I'll just get myself a bike during winter term when bikes are cheaper anyways, maybe if I'm lucky I can get a Suzuki Savage or a Honda Shadow VLX600 to 70's Frisco chop

So here's what she's getting:

15x8 +20offset CNT CT-4 wheels, silver face, 3" lip. @ $339 shipped.
            - they're a BBS RS replica that has an old VW feel, at least that's how I see em, and I can't ignore a screamin deal on some good lookin wheels with spot on offset and a fat lip!

195/50R15 tires all around @ $204 + hub rings and mounting @ $52
            - just some affordable rollers nothing too fancy. I wont be disclaming what brand for fear of being told their "crap-ola" lol.

Function Form type 1 coilovers @ $630 shipped
            - Ive heard only great things about em so I'm bittin' the bullet on buyin' em.
            IF YOU KNOW OF A CHEAPER SET PLEASE LET ME KNOW $630 SEEMS HIGH!

6" Black & Decker orbital buffer @ $27 + compound & polish @ $15
            - down here near Vale it's mad dusty and its taken a toll on all my work fixing the paint peel and oxidation so I'm gonna get down on it and make her shine again.

CD5 type R front lip @ $50, SpeedZone rear visor @ $75, and a sunroof visor @ $15
            - cant slam her without putting every visor I can on it lol and I feel like the front end needs a lip and the T-R lip wont get as jacked up on my rocky road as a MUG style lip would.

Comment

In addition to the fact that you won't disclose the brand of tires you bought, you are also trying to stretch a 195mm wide tire on a wide brim. That, again, is cause for concern.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I appreciate the concern Jarrett, I do, but I've seen a 195/50 on a 15x8 a million times. If I ran a 205/50 my car would look like a roller skate LOL
                matter of fact, that's the most common tire for a 15x8 in the civic scene, I get that the CB's a heavier car but I'm not concerned about it too much.
                Heck, I've seen narrower tire selections on VW's with wider wheels.

actually I think that a fellow member, "cfmurray", has DRAG DR-44's in a 15x8.25 running 195/50's and he seems okay granted he's got a coupe and not a sedan but he's also running wheels .25" wider.

I also haven't bought them yet, this is just a plan of action for when my check comes in the mail in about 3 weeks.

If you really wanna know I believe the tires are "Kinforest KF550" its just a cheap tire, nothing to write home about ya' know? I simply didn't want anyone's flack for using a "cheap tire".

I figured my decision to use a quality set of coilovers over a ghetto combination of Skunk2 struts & Megan coil sleeves was enough to keep the judgement away but I guess not...?

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, and If I do I'm sorry, it just seems that no matter what I change around someone has something negative to say and I'm just trying to get my CB looking good with what money I do have.
                I don't have extra cash to get nicer brand tires or to get 205/45's, they're A LOT more expensive than the 195's.
                I can't even afford to get the 16x8 CNT's I originally wanted because I chose to get better coilovers than I had previously planned.
                Last edited by CB7DX420; 08-06-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

So after many promises of pics of the CB I finally got some, even washed her before the pics (after sitting for 9 months under a layer of dirt)

Here's a pic of the CB and my brother's DSM, which he's selling to get a BB6.

And here's a picture of my Suzuki LT250R for anyone who's curious what it looks like you can also see my brother's Yamaha Blaster behind it.

and here's my newest little homie, his name is Skitter. He's tiny but a badass, he kills all the rats outside and even kills the ground squirrels

Comment

Despite the 100+ degree weather I'm gonna be going out today and get some stuff done on the CB that I've been putting off. Im planning to going to a meet Aug. 22nd and I gotta get her lookin right!

Here's what I'm gonna do:
                    tint corner lenses
                    tint bumper lenses
                    install hood spacers
                    change my plugs
                    change my VC gasket & paint the VC "Wrinkle Red"
                    compound the hood, roof, trunk, & doors fallowed with clear coat
                    and finally strip the clear on the wheels and metal polish them then re-clear

I hope to have pics of it all when im done, maybe even some before and afters.

-EDIT- DAMN! just found out that the meet is up in WA somewhere, NO WAY can I make that.. It'd be a 10-12 hour trip 1 way not to mention a few hundred bucks in gas and camping...I hate living out here in no mans land!
                    I've missed every damn NW meet since I joined the forum......
                    Last edited by CB7DX420; 08-10-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

So after waiting what seemed to be an eternity I finally got my check in the mail, and after some hard partying and buying my welding stuff I'm left with $2500.

I was fighting myself on whether to do the CB or a Yamaha XS650 ShortChop, in the end I decided to do the CB first and the Yammy during my winter term.

The deciding factor was that my little brother finally sold his DSM (I hate DSM's now, their all problems) and he's picking up a CB sedan, he's looking at a 93 champagne LX sedan and a 92 white LX sedan, so we decided to do our cars together instead of him doing up his car and me getting a bike.

Anyway, here's the stuff that get's ordered today, was gonna be yesterday but the banks were closed. I don't know why?

Function & Form coilovers
                      16x8 +20 XXR 536, hyper silver
                      195/50R16 kinforest KF550 x2
                      195/50R16 direzza dz101 x2
                      Mount & balance
                      hubcentric rings
                      sickspeed tuner lugs (gold)

CD5 Type R front lip

92-93 Sedan trunk , black

angle mounts for license plate

Dupli-Color trim paint
                      10" orbital buffer
                      rubbing compound
                      OEM R-74P 32oz
                      eastwood 1.6 nozzle HVLP gun
                      2K eurethane clearcoat

Exedy clutch kit
                      H23 transmission
                      F22A intake manifold

totals just under $2500 So I'm in the clear, and getting things done.

Its awesome to finally be able to put together a car, I always blow my money or trade my car before I get anything done

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
                        Anyway, here's the stuff that get's ordered today, was gonna be yesterday but the banks were closed. I don't know why?

Umm Columbus day lol. No mail either..

Comment

that counts? I had class lol wtf..

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
                            that counts? I had class lol wtf..
                            that sucks, my kiddos didnt..and the library was closed too.. you got hosed lol

Comment

Guess so lol

205/45r16 Tires, 24k lug nuts, hub rings & type-R lip will be here tomorrow
                              My silver 16x8 +20 XXR 536 wheels will be here Tuesday
                              And my function&form type 1(revised) coilovers will be here Friday

Once I pick up the fresh m2s4 transmission I'll drop it in along with an exedy OE clutch, at the same time I get the transmission I get a 92-93 sedan trunk and tails.

Comment

Got my CD5 type R lip, it goes on this weekend, also got the XXR wheels, but now I need new lugs I didn't know they took skinny ended tuner lugs.
                                Just got the function and form coilovers, look really well built, but no instructions what so ever thanks to a cheap ebay seller..
                                Tires were supposed to be here today, but never showed so I guess I'll see them Monday.

Going to get the fresh m2s4 soon and get the trunk swap parts this weekend.

Gonna start taking pics as I fix it up over the next 2 weekends so watch for those cuz I'm gonna try to take a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X