baracuda : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
    Looks like your making good progress! Keep it up man, too bad I won't be able to see this car's resurrection... post a video up when you do start it up, and take it for its first drive.
    Thanks man, when are you moving? Did you end up getting rid of your CB?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Moving after June 8th, and the cb is getting loaded on a transport truck, and will find a new home in California. I should have access to a lot of tools, equipment, and experience when I get to the other side so hopefully I can complete my goals for my own project, which should be easier now too now that the Fit is paid off.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Made some more progress and de-loomed and re-routed the driver side bay harness(de-pinned plugs and did not have to cut a single wire). Just need to finish mocking up the final design for the harness and also needing to extend a few ground wires along with both brake light wires leading to the fluid cap. Then need to figure out were and how to route the engine harness on connections.
        Still in the early stages, not close to done yet.

Passenger side ready to be taped and then its done.

Comment

Looking good , I look forward to more updates.

P.S. I have that same yellow mini screwdriver set as you on the driver side floor in the first picture. I use them to take apart laptops, and have been quite pleased with them. Good Stuff
          Last edited by cloudasc; 06-04-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Looking good , I look forward to more updates.

P.S. I have that same yellow mini screwdriver set as you on the driver side floor in the first picture. I use them to take apart laptops, and have been quite pleased with them. Good Stuff
            I seem to have good luck with harbor freight tools, most of my tools are from there and have yet to break one and I am not easy on them either. best mini driver set i have used they fit so good in the hand.

Comment

No new work done on the car it's self at the moment but, I have been working on getting the car put into my garage and getting all the tools and parts I need to start hitting it hard.

Harbor freight had one of their "professional" level tool chest on sale for under $200 and a coupon for an additional $30 off so this bad boy only cost $160 out the door. I have to say the quality is on par or better than most craftsman tool chests that have been coming out lately. Great ball bearing draws with locks, this thing is solid. This is the 1st tool chest I have owned and just love having everything organized. Every tool I own was cleaned, rust treated if needed, and lubed up before being stored.

I also found an amazing deal on craigslist for a 12 ton press for $80 that came with everything. This should save me a ton of money as I have new bearings, rotors, bushings & ball joints that need to be installed.

Pics of the garage, there’s more space than it looks like, there’s at least 3-4 ft. behind the cb and were the tool chest is. I also had to get creative to save some space and hung my dash and front bumper from the ceiling with some chains I have sitting around.

After doing all that over the past week, I started my motor tear down and re-build. Degreaser works wonders, I plan on blasting the block with a soft media to give it a clean satin metal finish to the block before it goes into the car. For the degreasing part I scraped off the heavier caked on crud, then sprayed only the block with a foaming de-greasing. After the spray down I wrapped the whole thing in plastic wrap and let it sit for 24hrs. The wrap stops the degreaser from evaporating away.

Before:

After:

More updates to come.

Comment

Great progress, especially on the storage space! I never though your car would have fit in there

Keep that spare block handy for me

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing things as they progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                    Great progress, especially on the storage space! I never though your car would have fit in there

Keep that spare block handy for me
                    Same here But theres more then enough room for everything. The block will be ready when you need it. Maybe I can bust my ass and get it torn down for you when you come up for the races next weekend, If so I will let you know in advanced.

Comment

no rush on it, Aaron. I don't want to carry it in the Z anyways lol.

I'll scoop it up when I get tuned or next time I'm in austin

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Hoping to pick up last parts to get back on the road soon with tax return.
                        Last edited by baracuda; 02-11-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

For Sale, Rolling Chassis. All Parts Listed On This Thread Also Up For Grabs. Pm Me For Details, Classified Going Up Soon.

Comment

Wow I'm sorry to hear that what's the plans now?
                            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

I spy wall ornament valve cover.
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                                I spy wall ornament valve cover.
                                Its still up there and will keep it hung in other garages too come.

I hope to start working on this thing soon, this summer was just too lonely not having a fun car to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X