No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found 2 sedans at the junkyard this year with black interior. I pulled one entire interior. I didn't get a chance to get the other one.

Anyway. Looking very classy there. Are you doing the wood dash as well?

Edit: I thought the door pocket was wood covered lol
    Last edited by sonikaccord; 08-24-2015, 02:12 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      I just found 2 sedans at the junkyard this year with black interior. I pulled one entire interior. I didn't get a chance to get the other one.

Anyway. Looking very classy there. Are you doing the wood dash as well?
      Thanks for the compliment sonikaccord, just working on projects I have for it while I wait for enough money to license it. I might drive it before winter hits.

Wood dash? Like the EDM kit that one of our members has? Or something else?

I saw another one when I was down in LA, California last winter but half of it was gone, and they thought they had a gold mine for the prices they want for stuff down there. If it had all been there I probably would have taken it home and just sucked up the cost. I'm hoping I can find something cool when we are down there again in the end of October beginning of November. Also before the end of the year I should be able to hit up some of the junk yards around Salt Lake City when we visit some of the GF's family.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Last night I managed to get a few small things done. Had far too many errands to run last night, not enough time to work on the car.

-Installed '99 CL 3.0 Premium drivers seat
        -Figured out wiring for drivers seat. Got it into a comfortable position for the time being. Nothing is wired in, was just figuring out all the wires.
        -Disassembled both drivers door panels. Took pictures for DIY.
        -Worked more conditioner into the passenger seat. I have gone from cardboard leather to somewhat stiff leather so far.

Not much else I can think of.

Drivers Seat and Interior

Comment

You can get a black set of coupe handles for pretty cheap here.

The lock lever can be removed from the DX coupe lock lever assembly and put on the LX/EX/SE part, as well.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            You can get a black set of coupe handles for pretty cheap here.

The lock lever can be removed from the DX coupe lock lever assembly and put on the LX/EX/SE part, as well.
            I didn't think about grabbing the lock levers, as I knew the DX handles were incompatible. I knew we could get after market black handles, the quality worries me a little bit though. I bought some after market grey handles on Amazon, and the build quality is nowhere near OEM. Although I think it would look good with the black handles.

Thanks for the heads up Jarrett.

Comment

The quality on mine is sufficient. There's a slight difference in texture and they don't have the "LOCK" decal on them. However, they do feel plenty strong and have thicker webbing on the back than factory parts. I plan to have someone make a few waterslide decals soon to put on these, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                The quality on mine is sufficient. There's a slight difference in texture and they don't have the "LOCK" decal on them. However, they do feel plenty strong and have thicker webbing on the back than factory parts. I plan to have someone make a few waterslide decals soon to put on these, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
                please have extras made, if you do. I was thinking of cutting out some LOCK letters on my vinyl cutter but the quality would be much nicer from a decal. And I agree, the handles are "sufficient" - I'm just happy they are actually black, and not painted!

also, thanks for the tip with the DX lock lever. I have a set of ebay black handles and was wondering what to do for that thing.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting some of the lock decals as well if you get some made up Jarrett. I noticed it was missing on my grey pair as well.

Seems you guys have sold me, if they are sufficient quality for you guys, I can suck up $20 and get a pair.

Comment

Spent the last 2 nights working on the drivers side door panel. I've also slowly been working more conditioner into the passenger seat. It's now pliable leather. Still somewhat stiff, but you can almost fold it between your fingers now. If I had even flexed it before I'm sure it would have cracked or broken. Also I found this while cleaning out the glove box, thought it was kinda cool.

Honda Cigarette Lighter Powered Reading Light

Comment

I might be coming to you for wiring help shortly. I'm trying to find a set of brown/tan CL or later model Accord leather to replace my crusty tan leather seats.

I've been following the thread closely, good work thus far!

Drivers Seat and Interior
                      [/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                        I might be coming to you for wiring help shortly. I'm trying to find a set of brown/tan CL or later model Accord leather to replace my crusty tan leather seats.

I've been following the thread closely, good work thus far!
                        Thank you Flip-Eye for the compliment! If you need some help just let me know, I'll do what I can.

Comment

Finally managed to finish up the driver side door panel and get it installed. If any of you care to know how I did this, I created a DIY.

Driver Door Panel Installed

Now it's time to focus on some of the projects on the Pilot, that I've been putting off.

Comment

Did a few minor things yesterday, in between some other projects.

-Sanded rear blinker bulb sockets. There was rust on the inside preventing a connection.
                            -Installed Acura Vigor E-Brake Handle

Not much else I can think of if anything.

Vigor E-Brake Handle and Leather Boot

Sadly though the leather boot can hardly be seen. It doesn't matter if the handle is up or down. Either way it matches the 2 tone very well.

Comment

Not much going on the last few days with Lola. Last night though I did start working on figuring out some of the wiring for the digital climate control. I think I've found enough matching plugs to make it a plug and play system with the original harness.

I was just going to try and use the dash harness they sent me. It was missing some things, the biggest being the CC harness. Also a few of the plugs were different. I was going to attempt to convert this harness over and use it. But after looking over both of them side to side, it's going to be easier to use my original and make a plug and play system for the DCC. Basically I got a game plan laid out to get about half of the work done. The other half will be done on the fly as I figure things out.

I wanted to actually get started on this but I only have 2 butt connectors left. So really there was no point in starting on the wiring last night.

Comment

Very nice progress you got going Will. I wasn't sure about the two tone interior, but now I really like it. I'll be interested in seeing this DCC going in.
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X