CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 03-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #1
ProjectH22
Newcomer

ProjectH22 is cool... so far.
How rare are wagons? I am looking at picking one up tomorrow.

A friend just sent me an ad for a 91 EX wagon with the 5 speed for $800. It has 180k miles and runs reliably, according to the post. It is silver (or gold, can't really tell) with a red interior. Looks mostly stock and unmodified. Going to look at it tomorrow but I wanted to see what you guys thought of that deal. Are wagons as rare as I think they are? I haven't even seen one in person where I live and there isn't much information online.

Thanks.
ProjectH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
They’re not necessarily rare, but they’re certainly uncommon. Especially an EX with a manual transmission. At that price, if it’s not in terrible shape, that’s a deal.
Look for rust on the rear quarter panels. Damn near anything else is a fairly easy fix. Body rot can get expensive.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:48 PM   #3
ProjectH22
Newcomer

ProjectH22 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
They’re not necessarily rare, but they’re certainly uncommon. Especially an EX with a manual transmission. At that price, if it’s not in terrible shape, that’s a deal.
Look for rust on the rear quarter panels. Damn near anything else is a fairly easy fix. Body rot can get expensive.
The guy is going to send me some more pictures tomorrow so I can get a better look. The car has been in Nevada so rust usually doesn't get as bad (at least from road salt and such, we use sand here). From the pictures I did see, the quarter panels looked ok. It does have more miles than my 92 LX sedan that I currently am driving but I have always wanted a wagon, even if it has the ugly red interior.
ProjectH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Care to share a link so we can see the pictures as well and help you look for stuff? But like Deev said, that is not a bad price at all.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
PakaloloHonda
Contributing Member

PakaloloHonda is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to PakaloloHonda Send a message via Yahoo to PakaloloHonda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Care to share a link so we can see the pictures as well and help you look for stuff? But like Deev said, that is not a bad price at all.
Yes, I concur ...

And as Deev said above, a 5 speed wagon isn't rare, but they are getting verry rare ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon
PakaloloHonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: