CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 06-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
::jenksus::
Newcomer

::jenksus:: is cool... so far.
Master Cylinder replacement

I'm having some braking issues lately probably related to the master cylinder.

Symptoms: pedal is mildly mushy. moderate pedal force and the brakes fine, pedal feel is adequate, etc.

when i lightly brake for several seconds, the pedal just slowly sinks to the floor while barely slowing the car (this happens at low speed anyway, like parking lot speeds). once the pedal is almost maxed out, any additional pressure makes no change in response.

seems like the master cylinder has enough juice to squeeze the pads during moderate braking, but under light braking, it just weezes out and doesn't squeeze the pads.

my diagnosis is a leaky master cylinder... i've heard of internal leaks on this site before, so thats my guess since there is no fluid found.

if anybody can recomend cheap sources for replacement parts and/or any other advice, i would appreciate it tremendously.

thanks
Chris.
::jenksus:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Spartan1987
CB7tuner Member

Spartan1987 may have said something they shouldn't have...
Send a message via MSN to Spartan1987
Advance Auto Parts is fairly reasonable, and their parts are good. A buddy of mine works there and he gets me a deal, but it's only ever a couple bucks so try them, other wise autozone, pepboys, etc.
I wouldn't get a junkyard one unless you could ABSOLUTELY tell if it's ok or not.
Good luck with this, my parents had the BMC replaced not too long before I got the car.
Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
My (old) Ride
Spartan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: