SF to Santa Cruz anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF to Santa Cruz anyone?

Hows it going guys? The Heather farms meets are always fun but I want to take it out of the norm and try something a little different. I know drives can be difficult to keep everyone together but it still sound fun. I also know that it has been done before so why not give it another go. I propose we start somewhere in SF. Like Treasure Island or Chrissy fields, and make our way down Hwy 1 all the way down to Santa Cruz. Vice Versa is also possible depending on where the majority of our participants will be coming from. All this of course will only be possible and more successful if I get your guys input. I will begin doing some research. I hope gas isn't an issue as I know it's a long drive. I know it will be worth it to be in the company of great friends, our beloved CB's, and the beautiful scenery along HWY 1. Hope to get some valuable input from you fine enthusiasts.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
    Hows it going guys? The Heather farms meets are always fun but I want to take it out of the norm and try something a little different. I know drives can be difficult to keep everyone together but it still sound fun. I also know that it has been done before so why not give it another go. I propose we start somewhere in SF. Like Treasure Island or Chrissy fields, and make our way down Hwy 1 all the way down to Santa Cruz. Vice Versa is also possible depending on where the majority of our participants will be coming from. All this of course will only be possible and more successful if I get your guys input. I will begin doing some research. I hope gas isn't an issue as I know it's a long drive. I know it will be worth it to be in the company of great friends, our beloved CB's, and the beautiful scenery along HWY 1. Hope to get some valuable input from you fine enthusiasts.
    You know im always down! Let me know when
    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

Yes sir. Its always good to meet up, but I think it would be a lot better if we meet and then go for a drive. Iam down for what ever seņor.

Comment

You can count me in for pretty much all meet's.... I will see what more it will take gas wise for a drive. I have to account for my drive to and from the valley and the drive from SF to Santa Cruz and back I have to figure the round trip. but I would really like to join you all for sure!

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
        Do it once, do it right.
        Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
        Missing My
        White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

You know I'm in

CALI LIFE STYLE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

im in depending on date
            My RIDE

Comment

Hey Carlos!
              Looks like everyone is just down for whatever you plan I know I've been MIA for the past year or so but I'm somewhat down (depending on schedule), as well as contribute my input.

I've done the drive from SF to Santa Cruz lots of times. It's real nice! Plus I live just off HWY1 which makes it easy.

Where is mostly everyone coming from? If it's not too much of an issue for everyone, we can meet up close to or in SF (although I drive in SF daily in a slammed AP1, please beware that some streets are not "stanced" car friendly ).

Current meet up location suggestions:

- Treasure Island
              https://maps.google.com/maps?q=treas...&ved=0CKgBELYD

- Crissy Field
              https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...&ved=0CLcBEPwS

(may I also suggest)
              - Marina Green Park
              https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...&ved=0CMIBEPwS

Also, all above locations are scenic and great for pics while waiting for others to arrive.

From SF, we have to pass through Daly City. I do suggest that prior to the cruise, everyone should top off their tanks here as it's slightly cheaper than SF and getting gas on HWY1 is unpredictable.

If everyone is willing, why stop at Santa Cruz? I mean, we can pull over there, hang out for lunch or something, take pics, etc., but would anyone be down to continue the cruise to Big Sur? We (my friends and I) usually do this cruise at least once a year and it's fkn awesome! Just putting it out there

(...of pfft! How about Malibu? lol naw too far )
              Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

I am loving all parties interested and glad to have as many true enthusiast as possible. I am not limiting this to "CB's only" as I view enthusiasts as car people as opposed to just CB people.

Omar I appreciate the suggestions and I myself wouldn't mind taking things down as far as Big Sur. My concern is at the end of our adventure some will be making a longer trip back home than others. Because SF happens to be the most centralized location for most of the people responding to this thread I was actually thinking of reversing the trip from Santa Cruz to SF. However, if most people are willing to end the day that far south, then why not. Hell when we made the trip down to SoCal for CAM everyone except myself made the round trip in the same day so who knows.

By the way all those locations are exactly what I had in mind as an original start location. The will leave us with beautiful backdrops for great pics and vid.

Lets here it everyone. I suppose I can make a poll to see what where everyone stands.
                Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 01-03-2014, 11:48 PM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015

Comment

I'm not sure but I definitely will have my miles to go... I did the C.A.M trip there and back (along with my service from fast eddies) and the whole trip was a blast (even though i'm convinced I blew out my rear main keeping up with everyone else) though this sounds like a blast let's see what the final trip consists of so I can see if I have to drop out somewhere or take the full trip. keep us updated!

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                  Do it once, do it right.
                  Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
                  Missing My
                  White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
                  Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

This OG is voting Treasure Island , it will be a nice picture with The City on the background. Since I just bought a fresh DSLR , I am willing to shoot you people!! .. with digital images. I'll be rolling the J35Z.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Once I finish checking out the new CB, make sure she's ready to cruise, I'm down too! Treasure Island does sound good too, would be a picturesque place for a shoot!
                      Originally posted by crazymikey
                      I thought a toaster with wheels was pretty cool....

Comment

I'm down depending on the day and either location is fine with me.
                        [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I might be able to come depending on the day and finance. At the very least I can meet up with you all in sf and cruise down further into the bay area.
                          visit vgruk

Comment

waiting on my new work schedule!!! would this happen towards the end of march maybe? early april?
                            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Tryi to make this happen by mid Feb.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X