Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boosting f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boosting f22a6

would i have to get all new pistons and rods or will the stock ones work?

very highly recommended to get new pistons and everything but there are many people on here that run stock internals with boost. but they run low boost
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

The stock ones will work for a while, at low boost, with a good tune and proper components... if your motor is in good condition. Eventually, you WILL break a ringland.

Comment

yea thats what i was thinking too i bet it would add a pretty good amount of hp too

Comment

swapping pistons does nothing for HP unless they raise compression.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Turbo would add a nice amount of power. Swapping pistons won't do much. If you raise compression, you make it tougher to tune reliably. All new pistons will do is allow you to run more boost... thus making more power.

Comment

i really just want a standard amount of boost nothing extreme really only bad thing is is that my cb is auto but i guess i could just go from 1 to drive 4 lol

Comment

Sooo wut would a good amount of boost to run on my stock a1 witout blowing her guts thru da hood??

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                  i really just want a standard amount of boost nothing extreme really only bad thing is is that my cb is auto but i guess i could just go from 1 to drive 4 lol
                  Ive read before that autos react better to boost than 5 speeds. Longer gears or something like that. Dont quote me on it though...

Comment

Originally posted by CB7BOI89 View Post
                    Sooo wut would a good amount of boost to run on my stock a1 witout blowing her guts thru da hood??
                    Please talk like an adult when you're asking for help.

It depends on the mileage of your engine, how well you've taken care of it, how hard you drive and luck. A factory engine WILL fail if boosted. Even if you were to boost 5 psi and get a spot-on tune, eventually a ring land will fail. Research the topic as t has been covered thoroughly in the past 9 years this forum has been around before you showed up.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Please talk like an adult when you're asking for help.

It depends on the mileage of your engine, how well you've taken care of it, how hard you drive and luck. A factory engine WILL fail if boosted. Even if you were to boost 5 psi and get a spot-on tune, eventually a ring land will fail. Research the topic as t has been covered thoroughly in the past 9 years this forum has been around before you showed up.
                      I am talkin like an adult dude.... but anyway I have heard of the rings going at around 300hp. But on the up side my motor runs pretty strong..... She never bein really beaten on B4. but thx for your help. AND plz dnt talk to me like a complete noob ok. I have built a few hondas in my life. Just need advice on boosting my CB7.

Comment

I am talkin like an adult dude.... but anyway I have heard of the rings going at around 300hp. But on the up side my motor runs pretty strong..... She never bein really beaten on B4. but thx for your help. AND plz dnt talk to me like a complete noob ok. I have built a few hondas in my life. Just need advice on boosting my CB7.
                        Then you understand how boost works then, right? As in, psi is not a fixed variable when you are talking turbos.

Yes stock internals, from what I have heard and researched, last up to 250 - 300hp on turbo'd applications. You best bet for reliability would be to bore the block for oversize pistons, .5mm or larger; and use forged pistons. I wouldn't boost a stock engine unless its a toy car, that way if it blows up I am not relying on the car to get places.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

As I have said in this thread already, as well as damn near every thread on the topic... even low boost, properly tuned, on a healthy stock block, will blow a ringland. There is no "safe" level of boost. Here, let me translate it to what you call "talkin like an adult dude"

u cnt uze da stok pistonz wit da turbo cuz dey will brake reel soon. it happn b4 n evr1 dat duz it brakes ring landz wen dey boost cuz stok cast pistonz aint maid 2 b boostd.

You're not texting your little girliefriend. You are asking experienced adults for advice. Try typing like one yourself if you would like to receive responses that aren't condescending. You can use big boy words, right?
                          Also, please try reading the entire thread before you post. I answered your question myself over a year and a half ago in this very thread. Unless you think you are somehow special, and that you can do something that everyone else can't...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            As I have said in this thread already, as well as damn near every thread on the topic... even low boost, properly tuned, on a healthy stock block, will blow a ringland. There is no "safe" level of boost. Here, let me translate it to what you call "talkin like an adult dude"

u cnt uze da stok pistonz wit da turbo cuz dey will brake reel soon. it happn b4 n evr1 dat duz it brakes ring landz wen dey boost cuz stok cast pistonz aint maid 2 b boostd.

You're not texting your little girliefriend. You are asking experienced adults for advice. Try typing like one yourself if you would like to receive responses that aren't condescending. You can use big boy words, right?
                            Also, please try reading the entire thread before you post. I answered your question myself over a year and a half ago in this very thread. Unless you think you are somehow special, and that you can do something that everyone else can't...
                            Well if don't like the way I type den don't respond to my posts then. I'm juust trying to get some advice on my car not my typing ok. But if you don't mind helping me can you tell me where I might find some forged pistons?? I can find rods all day but no pistons. So far I have a a6 head and i/m. I'm thinking of going to my local j/y and hunt for a decent block to do my build on. And I was also told to get some 450cc dsm injectors. Oh yea and the a6 head that I came across have one broken valve so I'm looking for new valves to. So what I'm asking is should I go aftermarket or would the stock valves do? If so aftermarket.......what's a good brand to go with?

Comment

Sorry, I don't like the way you type.

Comment

Working...
                              X