Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats why I always watch the guy

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

watching an hovering over somebody work on your car is just about the most annoying thing you could possibly do.that puts you in the same category as the guys that wanna cheat warranty and get everything covered.we call that "boags" in the automotive service industry.

i purpously take my sweet ass time dragging my feet when that happens to me.
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

jiffy lube is not a shop...nor do mechanics work there...they change oil...and usually high school kids, dropouts, or folks with not much going for 'em work there, in the pits anyways.

there are exceptions...of course, as is true with anything...I know of a couple myself.

but honestly...what do you expect of folks that make their profession...doing nothing but sitting in a pit pulling oil drain plugs and nothing more?

Jiffy lube was the cause of I'd say 70-80% of the locked engines that came into the dealership I worked at...and we only saw NEW TOYOTA's..can't imagine the number of screw ups they have with other cars, specially since we only saw...brand new...and toyota

As far as oil change chains go I've heard more bad things about jiffy then any other...course they are also one of the biggest chains too so that could account for the hear/say on that...but I've never been a fan of them.

I've let someone else change my oil once...and they had a good rep around town...that's the best thing...but I avoid jiffy by default

*edit...added

DEAD LINK
        ____

Comment

i USED to bring my car to them for oil changes but when the prices went to around 75bucks for 4-5qt of synthetic, i said f them. They always try to get you to replace something on the car.... always.

since i found cb7tuner.... i've been DIY for a lot of shit
          Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
            i USED to bring my car to them for oil changes but when the prices went to around 75bucks for 4-5qt of synthetic, i said f them. They always try to get you to replace something on the car.... always.

since i found cb7tuner.... i've been DIY for a lot of shit
            holy shit! 75 bucks is what they charge for synthetic?! I do my own synthetic for about 25 bucks and thats w/ 5 qts of mobil one in that jug from walmart and a STP oil filter.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Jiffy Lube FTL. DIY!
              Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                holy shit! 75 bucks is what they charge for synthetic?! I do my own synthetic for about 25 bucks and thats w/ 5 qts of mobil one in that jug from walmart and a STP oil filter.
                yes sir, 75... i stopped about a yr ago or so.
                i do my own now.. i pay 30 for everything.. 20-25 for the oil + 5 for the filter [walmart] and i do ALL the cars in the house [4 of them]
                Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

i always did my oil changes....but even if i tried to get it done by a place they reject me because according to them my car is too low.

but them showing you that you have problems is what they're taught to do, to have them make business. when i just wanna get an oil change they try to hussle me more bullshit that i can do at home. if i had a lift id be almost 90% diy work at my house.

Comment

Ha, I used to work at Jiffy but I got fired a couple weeks ago for calling in sick to many times. They dont only change oil they do a ton of other services (tranny flush, radiator flush, tire rotation, pcv valves, fuel system cleaning, ECT.) The main point that I was gonna get to is that, at our shop "my old one haha' we did everything well and never screwed over a customer "at least not when I was there" but you should always look over what is being done to your car.

But look on the bright side, if they do anything that fucks ur engine up, they are responcible and have to pay for it. It had happened a couple times at our shop because the so called "HIGH PERFORMANCE" Motor Trend oil filters we used had to be torqued on super tight, but not tight enough to break the seal, or else they would blow off.

Whatever though. I honestly will never let any place like that touch my car. I did mine myself and I got to do it for free

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
                    My Member's Ride Page
                    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

Comment

those are things that places that "only change oil" do...they aren't the work of a mechanic...but an oil lube guy...a guy who changes oil...be it engine or tranny...nothing serious...yet they still mess up
                      ____

Comment

I hate auto shops and mechanics. They take advantage of many peoples' ignorance in the mechanical domain to rip them off. I don't know much at this point about mechanic either but I'm lucky because my dad does know almost everything. If I ever have to bring my car somewhere because my dad doesn't have the time to fix it or check it out I always stay there and make sure the job is done. I never leave the car.
                        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxCB7
                          Jiffy Lube FTL. DIY!
                          im with him on that!
                          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Quick lube places usually fail. If I didnt know anywhere to go or didnt know how to change anything I would either go to dealer or a small shop. Not that.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87
                              I hate auto shops and mechanics. They take advantage of many peoples' ignorance in the mechanical domain to rip them off. I don't know much at this point about mechanic either but I'm lucky because my dad does know almost everything. If I ever have to bring my car somewhere because my dad doesn't have the time to fix it or check it out I always stay there and make sure the job is done. I never leave the car.

Why don't you learn to work on your own car then instead of having your daddy fix it? Doesn't sound to me like you have much right or experience in this area to complain.

I know there are some really shitty mechanics but this stereotype is really old.

Don't hate on mechanics until you ARE one and are trying to put food on your table but you can't because your stupid customers spend all their time ripping you off complaining how you are ripping them off because in fact THEY DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT FIXING CARS BUT THINK THEY DO so they try to make up for this by saying the mechanic is ripping them off.

I can't stand people who are ignorant of what it takes to be a mechanic in todays world PLUS having to fix other people shitty cars every damn day...your lucky to break even...
                              ____

Comment

First off, I just want to say I hate the morons that want to stand behind me and watch what I'm doing at all times. Thats why there is a sign above the door, some people still don't get it though. If you're that paranoid about it, I'll show you the parts when I'm done.

Second... I can't stress this enough, tech's have to eat too. I make decent money cause I'm good at what I do, but there are times where I lose my ass on a job. Alot of the times the cars I lose the most on are customers that hear squeeks and rattles and swear it was never there until I touched the car. Those kind of customers are the suck, nothing you can do will satisfy them short of a free something or other. They should GDIAF.

Third, yes jiffy lube is a chain. I hear bad things. What do you expect from a place that doesn't require a drivers license or a background check. I mean, there probably a lot of competent employees' but hey, you never hear the good things about any shop. Just the bad. Nobody ever says hey, that shop is great, that tech did an amazing job. But if someplace fucked someones car up.... the word spread like wildfire.
                                Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Working...
                                X