• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
    *UPDATE*

Go to the doctor once a year lol

I went to get the blood pressure checked today and it was 170/100

So I am on meds now...

I am like 5ft 9in and a half lol 167lbs not fat (The doctor made a comment like "You clearly aren't over weight", Like I was a skinny bish)

Its all genetic in my case..
    Do you eat bananas? a truck driver friend of mine told me that two weeks before he has to go and be recertified by the DOT, he eats like three bananas a day to help keep his BP down. He's not on meds either.

Comment

Do you eat a lot of salty foods

That could do it

Also just cause youre skinny doesn't mean you're healthy. You might need to do some cardio.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

A good doctor will test your blood pressure three or more times in a visit... I hope you guys are not taking meds. based off one BP reading per visit.
        I can't imagine any doctor putting someone in their 20's on meds w/out trying a change in lifestyle first, it's just lazy.

Get a second and third opinion first, people think drugs solve it all these days.
        350z- Injen CAI & CB, Stillen testpipes & headers, kinetix SSV plenum, TEIN SS coilovers
        90 LX- a6 conversion, 2.5in exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Nizmo View Post
          A good doctor will test your blood pressure three or more times in a visit... I hope you guys are not taking meds. based off one BP reading per visit.
          I can't imagine any doctor putting someone in their 20's on meds w/out trying a change in lifestyle first, it's just lazy.

Get a second and third opinion first, people think drugs solve it all these days.
          Its been monitored for four weeks.

Comment

what exactly were you doing when you hurt your back? Did the dr examine your back at all or just send you to pt. Pt only works with musculoskeletal problem. If you have bone/disc issues like me it won't help no matter what you do. Trust me, I've tried every damn stretch in the book. Even new ones where I was the practice dummy. Chiropractors might be able to help depending on what's wrong, but if it's serious which most back issues are I would consider seeing a pain management dr. If pt and a visit to the chiropractor don't seem to help.

As far as the BP, it can be caused by various different things. Stress, diet, caffeine, adrenaline, etc. can easily shoot your blood pressure up. Who knows it may not be any of that and you just hit that point in the hereditary timeline where you need to monitor it more/take precautions.

You don't have to be in bad health, smoke, drink, be lazy, obese, etc to have high blood pressure. It can happen to anyone.

Just like how you someone can go their whole life without going within a mile of anything to do with cigarettes and then one day they are diagnosed with lung cancer. It just happens sometimes. No real explanation.

The up side to high bp is, it can easily be maintained by changing any of those factors listed above, without having to go on medication. Finding out you have high blood pressure is serious enough to worry about but like many things can go away if the right steps are taken.

Click picture to see my mrt
            Instagram: sikz6

Comment

I've gone thru TWO spinal surgeries.

My dad underwent a quadruple bypass earlier in the year. HBP, kidney stones, you name it, he's had it.

Am I genetically fucked?

No, not at all.

I'm blessed. I'm 27 and still kicking it.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
              X