Where did your swapped motor come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
    Damn! I should have taken that into consideration.
    I don't know if its even possible to setup a poll like that anyways haha

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Umm... japan?

Comment

local chop shops we have here in Malaysia. JDM overload.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
        Honda Accord Euro-R
        Honda Odyssey Absolute
        Honda City I-DSi
        Honda Stream

Comment

my f22b is from JEI.
          COUPE K24

Comment

My f20a is from jdm engine zone

There is a jdm engine zone and jdm engine depot both in new jersey so don't get them confused

Overall i had a good buying experience. When i showed up they had four of the engines i wanted so they let me check all 4 out and pick which one i wanted the most. After i picked one out it was missing an alternator and one of the other ones did have an alternator so they just gave me it. Overall i was pretty happy and obviously the engine works fine or else i would have been bitching about that.

Comment

got the jdm swap done from a local shop in san marcos,ca
              sportcarmotion

this was back in 07....didnt know about this site yet

Comment

I got my H22 w/T2T4 from Hmotorsonline.com

Comment

H23 VTEC and H22 OBDII purchased from Phil at JEI in Manassas, VA.
                  Don't trust the JEI in Baltimore area is from what I hear.

There is no greater feeling than a compression test right in front of you.
                  And no shipping charges, plus talked with the guy quite a bit!
                  Had a great head on his shoulders, regardless of his CRX status.
                  He has a CRX glass top sitting in his shop, so sweeeeet.

But Phillip in Massass is amazing, hit me up if your going.
                  I have some tips for you that I can help make your wallet happier.
                  Knowing Phil and the secret passcode helps!
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

hmotorsonline is a good place i hear and steve is super nice and informative.
                    Last edited by tommi; 09-01-2011, 09:48 PM.
                    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I got my frist motor from ebay jdm f22bdohc,and then i got my h22a1 motor from (pick in pull) ,and then i got my jdm h22a from (u pull it) when i seen it i was like time to pull it out And now i just pick up a h22a4

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Jy n surprisngly no issues Thus far
                        Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

I got two complete f23's from a shop that specialize in Hondas. Only paid $200 for them. The f22 head came with my car.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Bought my JDM H22A from Japanese Star Motor located in Albany, NY. Pretty good customer service. Than later bought my T2T4 LSD trans from them again, and again good service.

Originally posted by toycar
                            Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
                              Just curious. Trying to see where most people get theirs from.

This doesnt apply to replacement f22a engines
                              I didnt have much money at the time and didnt wanna deal with ebay at the time eiether, which i regret bought this 93 prelude with the swap in it for 1000$ with what it was tagged as 112k car just got the swap and was written off. Its an h22a4 i cant find its recent history or vehicle but i got lucky its no where near bagged and was pretty clean for everything being original. Does anyone think i got ripped off? No issues other then small errors in the swap which have, or will be resolved.

prelude^^^
                              finished swap in cb

I love it so worth it

Comment

I picked up my jdm h22a with m2b4 directly from the HMO warehouse. And I did so only after seeing one good review after another. So I'm not gonna be the one to give them the first bad review! I guess they were just having a bad day... I felt kina like they rushed me out cause I was the only white guy there... still happy with the motor though.

Comment

Working...
                                X