Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade frozen meals... suggestions? ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to check that out. Seems like someone, somewhere, at some time, has written a book for damn near every situation!

Comment

if you ike korean food that the way to go for healthy yet good for you and there are alot of noodle dishes that dont use alot of salt

Comment

Instead of buying 1 dollar cans of Chef Boyardee, for about 5 bucks you could have enough penne rigate and meat balls to last all week or at least more than one meal. a box of penne only costs about a buck, pasta sauce is also around 1.50 and a bag of premade/frozen meat balls is about 2.50. It only takes about 20 minutes to prep everything using two pots.

I make a huge pot of home style chicken soup all the time and then freeze what i don't eat. I just use those quart containers from the Chinese take out places for their soups as they work perfectly.

Comment

Very good ideas in this thread....so ill add one more.

You sir, need a crockpot in your life.

You can, although i wouldn't, leave it on all day when your away and it will have all kinds of food fully cooked, sliding off the bone and chock full of flavor when you get home.

Or just fire it up early sat/sun morning and by sat/sun evening, you will have like quarts of food to freeze for the week.

If you got two crockpots you could cook two seperate meals so this way you could have choices thru the week.

And the list of things you can cook is incredible....

chicken, pork, chili, stew....etc....

anything really(well almost anything)

And a lot of healthy sites and magazines now feature great crockpot recipes etc!!!

And they are not even that expensive anymore and they are easy to clean up.

The pots are dishwasher safe as well as the lid(i believe).

We have one and it is a life saver!!!

Comment

I have a little crock pot... i need a big one. the little one SUCKS because it's so damn small! But yeah, good suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I have a little crock pot... i need a big one. the little one SUCKS because it's so damn small! But yeah, good suggestion!
              Ya man, if you own a foreman, a grill, and a crockpot then you need nothing else.

With those 3 you could have a fuckton of meals ready every week.

Burgers with rice

Chicken with rice

pasta and veggies

fish and rice

fish and veggies

chili (use turkey meat, much healthier and the taste is no diff)

beef stew

etc

so much stuff and then you just reheat through out the week.

When i was in the Army my roomate would make a fucking gallon of stew....just random shit....onion, potatoes, chicken....whatever.....threw it in.

Would sizzle for hours....

then we would come home, pop that shit and the chicken would be completely off the bone....

soo good!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                what asian foods can be frozen for a time, i remember the pics you posted
                of the end of Ramadan feast. can those be frozen for future use
                oohh

we have a lot that can be made earlier, then frozen and popped in the microwave for eating later, and still tastes great!

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

I didn't read every post but I noticed Crock pot was mentioned, another thing that is very useful is a rice-cooker/steamer.

I usually cook daily but when I'm lazy every so often I'll have those Bertolli frozen dinners, just throw them in a pot and heat them up, they are usually ready in 10 mins or less and I usually add stuff to them to make them taste to my liking.
                  1993 Accord EX
                  2011 Subaru STi

Comment

I buy chicken breasts, cook them on the George Foreman and then store them in a ziploc bag in the fridge. I buy and cook them Sunday night and they're good all week.

The only problem with doing that is that, if you season them, you have to season all of them the same flavor. Unless you cook them one at a time. Beef is the same way. Unless you cook portion-by-portion, it'll all be the same "flavor".

Potatoes and green beans freeze well. I cut and boil red potatoes and fresh green beans and throw in some Polska Keilbasa in a big pot and let it cook for about 30 minutes. Makes a good lunch or dinner and I make enough to last 3 or 4 days.

Zucchini and squash will keep, cut up, in a tupperware container for just about a week and they only take a few minutes to cook.

Im trying to think of all the foods my mom used to make and freeze and we'd have for leftovers later on in the week, lol.

I think if you switch up eating freshly cooked dinners, frozen left overs, TV dinners and fast food, you should be ok. Im just getting tired of the same old shit. :/

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                      let me know when you figure that out.

if you want some cheap food, try this:
                      buy a 1 lb bag of dry lentils........$1.19
                      one can of salsa........................$2.89

use half of the bag of beans. bring the beans to a boil, then let them simmer for 30 mins.

about 10 mins before the beans are done, add in the salsa. done. you can eat off it many times. later.
                      Remeber this?
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

Ive got the solution to all your problems.
                        Its called M.R.E.'s(Meals Ready to Eat) lol.
                        Sure that sounds to good to be true, and believe me, it is haha..
                        If the military can do it, you can do it

No, but in all seriousness what i would suggest you try, if you haven't already is to start shopping at a discount foods store.
                        Not sure if you have such a thing near your location, but i know there are a few near me.
                        One of my good friends dad just opened one and let me tell you it is VERY VERY cheap!!
                        And surprisingly they have a wide variety of different delicious foods and freezable goods.
                        Just thought id speak up about this, because its always good to help out local businesses...
                        Hope this helped.
                        STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                        1992 Accord Lx.
                        1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                          I've got lasagna in the freezer my Mom made for me on Christmas Eve.

Simple, easy (just put it in a baking pot in the oven) and quite good.
                          yeah its a great idea, but from last christmas???? WTFFFF

deev, buy a george forman grill, i work from 11pm-whenever
                          i normally get to the house by 10-11pm and cant even lift my hands

a bag of chicken breast, get some seasoning i get different ones every time i go to walmart

5 CHOW MEIN- teriyaky beef soups (great for breakfast or really really late dinner)

elbow pasta, and some ragu and cheese sauce

bag of chicken tenders

2 bags of cereal

pringles

CANADIAN BACON!!!!!!!! aaahhhgggg (you have to try)

swiss cheese

bag of string cheese

some ice cream

cranberry juice, v8 tropical blend, a 4pack of monster, gatorade and other drinks

etc.

i normally spend about $60-70 when im away for 2 weeks and surprisingly the $70 covers breakfast and dinners, i normally eat lunch at work with the guys

michelinas, and hungry man dinners are great too
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                          X