CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #2281
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Last night drilled & tapped the new transmission.

Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #2282
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
In regards to your shifting issue, what transmission fluid do you use? This was a recent post over at ClubRSX. Different trans, obviously, but it's worth a look into:

Quote:
"Third gear wall. This is a common problem where it takes a couple tries to get it into third gear. It feels like something is blocking the shifter. Changing your manual transmission fluid (MTF) to Amsoil MTF, Royal Purple MTF, or GM Synchromesh MTF should resolve this issue.

When I had this problem, I used Amsoil MTF and it eliminated the problem. The dealer later put in OEM Honda MTF and the problem came back. Amsoil MTF again corrected the problem."

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #2283
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
In regards to your shifting issue, what transmission fluid do you use? This was a recent post over at ClubRSX. Different trans, obviously, but it's worth a look into:
Interesting. I'd use Royal Purple for sure, love that stuff. But I was using Honda trans fluid.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #2284
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
That’s a nice lookin trans. I can’t wait to see everything back under the hood. That engine bay is going to be spectacular when completed.

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #2285
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
Thatís a nice lookin trans. I canít wait to see everything back under the hood. That engine bay is going to be spectacular when completed.
Thanks man! But I'm afraid I need some help now.

The trans is not going well. I spent about 3 full days on it now and have taken it apart and put back together about 20-30 times, and I can't figure it out. Remember, this is a fully intact T2T4 and I am adding new syncrotech carbon fiber synchro set, new bearing set, and longer 5th gear (F23) set.

With the case off everything spins fine, can change gears no problem. With the case on everything is jammed up. Some items to note:

- The lowest/largest gear is dragging on the washers of the counter shaft. (There are two shims on the countershaft, there must be a proper order to these. But I had to remove one to get no contact here)
- The case closes fine. No forcing, no using the bolts to get down. Maybe 5mm gap and force is needed. The countershaft c-clip on the top I can get in with no trouble
- If I use two hands while in neutral I can get the mainshaft to spin, but OMG that's a lot of force.
- Keep in mind i'm looking through prior pic taken, I have my H22 non-LSD trans beside me which I can compare to. All measurements are fine.

Is this bc of new syncros,? I searched online and there was only one guy who had the same issue and he said it was that stupid ring on the main shaft at the top that has to point one direction. Anyways, I'm going to take it apart again and keep trying. Must be a mm something stuck somewhere. Wish me luck.

(and LOL, on the old trans the mainshaft bearing got stuck in the bell housing that comes off. Upon trying to get that bearing out the guts of it came out, leaving the bearing casing in the trans case. doh!!)

Anyways, the H22 cam gears came in which is nice. Now if I can just figure out what size bolt these are. They look like a 12pt 8mm, 5/14 will work but not well.

And I took a chance on ordering this thing as it was hard to tell from the pics on the exact size. But as soon as I seen it I thought it was awesome and kind of cute. Perfect size, should be easy to mount. This will be for the PS fluid. It's about a beer bottle long.

Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #2286
oneoffaccord
Accord of the Month: November 2006

oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends! oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to oneoffaccord
looking good, keep it going
oneoffaccord is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: