CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #141
timmy0tool
Accord of the Month: April 2006

timmy0tool is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to timmy0tool
love this build, especially the push to start button and location! so nice!!!
1cor10:31
- 92 LX coupe
- 96 EX wagon (sold)
timmy0tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:28 AM   #142
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
ĎTwas 40% off at pap this holiday weekend. I found mucho CRV lighted switches. A set of red and clear sedan tails for a future project. Got a CD6 steering column also for a future project. Another A11 controller and variable intermittent wiper stalk. And some other goodies for projects. Here are some lighted switches Iím building. The master sedan ones are tedious to make. Coupe is easy. Finding the window lock switch with the ďONĒ writing still very clear is incredibly hard to find.
I scoured two yards today to find the two pictured. Btw the coupe set is for sale. Hit me up.

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #143
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Are you going to be selling these?
Old 05-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #144
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Jarrett, I will be building more sets to sell. Plus Iím souping up black leather SE door panels I have with the lighted switches in red and the og EDM red door light covers. All 4 for sale. Should look EVIL

~Mark~
Old 06-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #145
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Got a new project Iíve been working on.

Itís a 06 TSX steering wheel. I saw one of these on a rhd CB a while back and I loved it. Had to have one. I had to score a Honda airbag to match the car of course. It does require a CD6 Accord steering column. I have one that I have modified to fit the TSX clock spring. I gotta have all the functions on the steering wheel working also. The buttons are lighted as well. But they are amber and not that bright. All of the circled pieces on the boards in the pic below are the smdís I need to remove and replace with blue lighted smdís. That will be fun. They are small but I think I can handle it.

Iíve figured out all of the wiring for the cruise control and am modifying a plug from the back of a CC switch so I donít have to cut the original wiring.

The rest of the wires go to the volume and track/station controls on the left side of the wheel. Thatís the easy stuff. I just need a good stereo now lol. Iím thinking one of those New Kenwoods with apple car play. Here is the harness that comes from the clock spring below. My TSX map/homelink I put in a while back also has a microphone I will wire in to this setup for the hands free calls etc.

~Mark~
Old 06-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #146
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
You're like the proactive version of me who's actually doing the things I halfway finish. I have an '04-'08 TSX wheel and column I'm putting in, and have about 75% of the wiring done. cp[mike] was helping me on the stuff I'm still struggling with. While I decided against full on baller status like you with the volume control/Bluetooth/cruise control, I did want to add newer combination switches. So that's where I'm at right now.

Looks great!

Also, PM me when you get ready to sell one of those coupe window switches. I'll even send over all of my coupe and CR-V switch parts from when I was going to make one.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #147
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Looks good man.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #148
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Jarrett, I was thinking that I needed to do at least the combination switches and their mount to get the clock spring and wheel to work also. I opted out of all that when I found a way to modify the CD6 column so it all works with combination switches already in the car. I honestly don’t like the look, feel or flat blackish color of the TSX combination switches. Plus I didn’t want to change my variable intermittent wiper mod already done. The 2006 TSX wheel I think is the best out of all the earlier years of the TSX. 2004 has no lighting on the wheel and the buttons are all silver. 2005 is lighted but still the thinner wheel without the extra bumps for grip.
You gotta use the TSX clock spring for sure if you want any of the wheel equipped electronics to work. Otherwise you’re repinning and soldering a bunch of shit for a pretty simple mod.

~Mark~
Old 06-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #149
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Oh also, the CD6 column has almost the same surrounding plastics as the CB’s. For guys using those caveman keyed ignitions it’ll take a little modifying to get that all lined up. But since I have a push button start it’s easy peasy. Just pop the button in the CD hole and I’m done. I think all of it matches better when just changing the steering wheel and everything around it stays basically the same.

~Mark~
Old 06-17-2018, 12:56 AM   #150
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

laloquera is cool... so far.
I have not seen such an awesome post like this one in a great while. Good job on the overkill projects. Keep them coming.
laloquera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:11 AM   #151
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Got the complete CD column here modified to accept the TSX clockspring then put together with some small trimming on the plastic surrounds behind the steering wheel. It all came out pretty decent.

One thing I have heard a few times before with this mod and that I am also experiencing now is the slight rubbing between the back of the steering wheel and the plastic surrounds just behind the wheel. It’s not bad. Nothing will hang up. I don’t really see a good fix for it though. As you can see in the pic below it’s a tight fit.

Below is the plug built to connect to the green plug for the CC. The solid black wire bending out is a ground to the fuse panel and is only used for the light on the CC button. The light green and blk/red wires are for the CC on/off on the wheel. The other two, red and red/blk are obviously for lighting which is very convenient since the steering wheel buttons are lighted. The CC “set” , “resume” And horn are on their own harness that plugs into the bottom of the CB clock spring. Wiring them in is as simple as cutting the plug off and soldering the wires.

~Mark~

Last edited by NH-503P-3; 06-17-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:31 AM   #152
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

I got the lighted buttons for the TSX steering wheel functions changed to blue the other day. They look allot better in person. Iíve been testing them on and off the last couple days also. If you donít get smdís perfectly right. They will work for a bit then fail.

I also started on the SE black leather panels. Put the red EDM Courtesy light covers on a couple of them. Iíll be lighting the window switches in red tomorrow.

Here is an example of dead leather compared to the nicer pleated leather on the above panel. The dead leather is flat, dry and lost most of its pleating. Fortunately the surrounding parts are really nice so I will swap the leathers.

~Mark~
Old 06-24-2018, 01:33 AM   #153
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

This weekends pap tour was nice. At one pap I pulled the inner red/clear taillight housings from a CB coupe with a sedan trunk. The outers were a little shot with moisture damage. Then going to another we found probably the rarest CB made. A Phoenix Red DX coupe. I see around 1 of these a year. These come with a black DX style interior so the rare CB parts and parts that only come on this particular color and model are all here. It had interior pieces in very good shape too.

Lots of good stuff. Probably the nicest black coupe carpet Iíve ever seen yet. I wish I had time to take it. The car is to be crushed tomorrow also so I pulled a bunch of small bits I know are good to hold onto and put them in another car in a newer row. Iíll come back for them next week.

The pieces I took with me were the flippy coupe door locks. This is the only model that comes with black coupe locks. And the hood pull latch is a good score also in black.

I also grabbed an interesting piece I didnít know was a part of DX models. The shifter console tray that has no sliding cup holder. Itís just a nice deep pocket. I am definitely putting this in my car. I totally hate that junky cup holder. Any good angling screen double din would make it useless anyways. I might do a project on it by adding a wireless phone charging pad built into it.

A couple other good finds. One is the DX CC/sunroof blank. The other is one that is harder than you might think to find if you have a gray interior coupe. Itís the interior handle bezel that is the color it should be(dark gray). Not the light gray that the crappy aftermarket pieces come in that do not match the door panel color. If I find them they are almost always broken or wrong color aftermarket shit. Now I just need a drivers side.

~Mark~
Old 06-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #154
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Nice finds! I hear ya on the LEDs, if they are not placed perfect it looks like an ebay job.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #155
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Great score! Sorry to hear you couldn't grab carpet from the DX. I'd have gladly purchased it from you! Probably the panels, too!

And yeah, that cupholder delete is awesome. Despite the fact that I've been going to junkyards for these cars for nearly 15 years, I didn't know it existed until I bought a balck console armrest from Europe. I thought it was something EDM-specific and then saw one my very next trip. Like you said, the OEM cupholders are beyond useless and just take up space. This is a great mod.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #156
steelbluesleepR
I shoot people

steelbluesleepR seems to have made some friends!
I just realized I've never seen your car. Super clean and I love all of the unique mods. nice work!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fry
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' óStephen Fry
Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com
steelbluesleepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #157
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Too bad about that black carpet man but yeah Phoenix Red coupes are pretty rare.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:22 AM   #158
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Damn! I knew I should have stayed longer and taken the carpet and everything else from that DX. The seats are also pretty sought after. So much of it is one car only. Especially coupe. I did take the front door panels out and threw them in another car along with the black seat mounting bolt covers the seat fold levers and misc other pieces. The trunk black pieces and covers I took out. I have a set of that stuff in my attic also. The Solaris SE’s have that shit too. Oh well. Hopefully next time I’ll have more time lol. Thanks for comments and compliments.

~Mark~
Old 06-25-2018, 01:24 AM   #159
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Here is some more of the SE black leather panel project Iím on. This is the backing of factory leather equipped panels. Itís a metal formed backing with the leather stitched to the foam and glued to the form. Iím going to keep the forms that have the dead leather and remove the dead stuff then put on one of the other colors I have. Maybe build another nice set of panels in blue or burgundy leather and orange lighted switches.

Thereís a product that others on here have touched on before. Itís called ďwipe newĒ. This stuff is really good. Itís my go to for literally making interior stuff looking new. And it doesnít wear off quickly at all. Hereís two black SE master switch bezels. They both looked the same before I hit the left one with the wipe new. The stuff is amazing. I Highly recommend it.

Here is a fully disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt door panel I treated with wipe new after. The results speak for themselves. There is one thing Iím adding to these front door panels. The 91 SEís didnít have Bose systems I guess? Maybe? I donít remember, anyways the speaker covers donít have the ďBoseĒ tags nor do they come with a molded indentation to accept them. So now I gotta look in my attic or hit pap for some covers that have the right setup. Recover them with the black speaker material and install a set of Bose tags I have. These panels gotta have it all lol.

Here is a shot showing just how much work goes into building a set of sedan lighted switches. Iíve built a few now and Iíve learned what wire routing and soldering combinations work best. Good ledís, capacitors and reuse of the right size repurposed Honda wiring is all in the recipe. Itís tedious and takes time. But the results should be pleasing.

~Mark~
Old 06-25-2018, 03:58 AM   #160
apalileo
CB7tuner Member

apalileo is cool... so far.
Major props on all of your work! Way to take on those upgrades in full force. I'm actually diggin' the CL wheels you're currently running, something about the design really fits the body. All your modernization work is top notch. The Ontario PYP is really treating you well. I might have to take the drive out some time just to see what I can throw some money away on! Sun Valley is my stomping ground and they're pretty good on CB7's as well.

Keep it up!

www.anthonypalileo.com
www.anthonypalileo.com/watches (secret link)
apalileo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: