No announcement yet.

apalileo : 1993 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info. I will be ordering the parts slowly to go along the same setup. Love the konis and GCs.

Comment

After driving on the Koni/GC setup for a while, I feel that the rears are too stiff for daily driving. So:

I looked at the various rates listed on the CB7 Lowering Spring, Full Coilover, and Damper compilation and saw that none of the springs or coilovers came near 450lb/in in the rear. While it takes well to spirited driving, the daily commute can become a bit overbearing. I went with 300lb/in for my rears as it puts me in the 2:1 front to rear ratio that I've seen on a lot of coilover sets. For the sideways action, I'll save up for a good sway bar upgrade.

Also, it looks like Eibach changed their color scheme. It's more of a true red with black imprinting as opposed to the Cardinal red tone with white I've been used to for so long.

Hopefully I can make some time this weekend to swap them in.
      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

your car reminds me so much of my friends old cb yeamans17, when i was first starting out. cars lookin great
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I looked him up but it appears he's in the wind along with his posts. I see he got AOTM, so I'll take it as a compliment! Thanks tommi!

Comment

I love that you think through and research your modifications. Do you have any plans for this car past daily driving?

Comment

Thanks Mike, I can definitely say the same for your mods! I may one day hit Streets of Willow in Rosamond, CA for an open track day event, but it's my only vehicle right now so it's important to stay running reliably. One day I'll get another car (probably a second CB7) and one will be a daily and the other a weekend racer.

Comment

March 2016 - Super random junk yard find: Red/clear tail lights. Got off work early and headed to Pick Your Park to pick up trailing arms for a future bushing swap. Scanning left and right as I pass through the rows and a set of red/clear tail lights catch my eye. Come to find they're in near new condition! Not a mod I was planning on doing any time soon, but they were there, complete and in great shape.

They're taking a little getting used to as they definitely look 1999-2000 on my 1993 body style, but they're super clean at a fraction of the cost of new ones.

Comment

Looking pretty clean.
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Good steal!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thats a fantastic find. I still haven't seen a complete set in the junkyard yet. I don't even think I've seen enough pieces I could even make a full set from. I've been wandering the yards for years now. They look great on the car!
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thanks all!

I'm quite fortunate to be in Los Angeles with a CB Accord. They are literally everywhere. I probably pass half a dozen of them a day (stock ones). I know of two within walking distance from where I live. Two of my friends drive stock ones as well (with no interest in modification).

My local yards are well stocked with them, as well as CD's. I frequent the yard often because you never know what you'll find and they are always updating inventory. The CB7 I pulled the tail lights off of had a wagon trunk compartment in it as well as CD5 EX wheels painted white and a recent paint job in a metallic blue/green (not an OEM color). It was a DX with leather swapped seats. Most of the Accords are stock, but you occasionally cross some modified ones. Based on the number of parts still left on that Accord, it looks like I got to it early on, otherwise the tail lights would have been gone or trashed by some knucklehead being a knucklehead.

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                          Thanks all!

I'm quite fortunate to be in Los Angeles with a CB Accord. They are literally everywhere. I probably pass half a dozen of them a day (stock ones). I know of two within walking distance from where I live. Two of my friends drive stock ones as well (with no interest in modification).

My local yards are well stocked with them, as well as CD's. I frequent the yard often because you never know what you'll find and they are always updating inventory. The CB7 I pulled the tail lights off of had a wagon trunk compartment in it as well as CD5 EX wheels painted white and a recent paint job in a metallic blue/green (not an OEM color). It was a DX with leather swapped seats. Most of the Accords are stock, but you occasionally cross some modified ones. Based on the number of parts still left on that Accord, it looks like I got to it early on, otherwise the tail lights would have been gone or trashed by some knucklehead being a knucklehead.
                          Oh I know you guys have yards down there. I was down there last November and was able to hit up about 8 different yards while I had some time. I actually managed to find the '93 SE coupe spoiler LED strip. The spoiler was trashed but the LED strip was almost in new condition. I'm pretty jealous that you have access to so many yards. I think my favorites from down there are U-Pick U-Pull in Pamona, and LKQ in Monrovia, although their prices suck! Although I was able to haggle with them for a bit and get the parts for cheaper. This really surprised me because I am not able to speak Spanish.

My favorite one to go to is about 2.5 hours away in Spokane, but their prices are so good. I've haven't found as good of prices at any other yards I've ever been to.
                          Last edited by Rilas; 03-03-2016, 12:36 PM.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

That's a great find you got there! We have a similar amount of Accords in the yards down here as well. I've been able to find all sorts of stuff from lowering springs to a set of all clear taillights. There was a recent car in the yard that had 3/4 red clears and I was bummed it wasn't a full set (not that I would use them but sometimes it's nice to turn a small profit on some parts). You might be one of the few that find a flush mount spoiler at the yard.

Comment

@Rilas - The yard I frequent is an LKQ property in Sun Valley, CA so I know what their prices are like. I like to pull the "I only have $X on me" to see if they'll bite. Usually works so long as I'm not trying to cut the price more than 20% haha!

@Mike - I have seen my share of modded CB's and CD's but never thought about buying parts to sell. My better half already came to accept the parts I have lying around for my own car... don't know how she'd feel if she found out I was hoarding parts to sell! I did cross a flush mount once, but it was badly damaged as the car was rear ended hard. It wasn't on the lot long before they crushed it. Damn shame.

March 2016 - Been wanting to swap the rear springs so bad, I'd been thinking about it at work all day. Soon as I got home I jacked it up and made the swap.

Eibach original red vs. new red.

Going from 450 lb/in to 300 lb/in. There's a noticeable difference in coil thickness.

The mish-mash of colors!

I surprised myself how quickly I had them in. Took just about 45 minutes total! However, adjusting the height to the previous setting took a bit longer. I'll have to reset everything in a week or two once they settle.

I'm really glad I did this. Though it's only a 150 lb/in reduction in spring compression rate, it's noticeable on the road. Many of the overpasses on the local freeways have slight rises and falls as they are uneven. The back end is more civil over them. The 450's would toss the back end up on the rises and wouldn't even give on the falls. These are far more comfortable.

I definitely want an upper strut bar and upgraded rear sway bar now!

Comment

i found old pics of my bud's old car for u to see. u can see my car was still mostly stock VISUALLY

Last edited by tommi; 04-02-2016, 09:21 PM.
                                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                                X