Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbos and Camshafts! Video show and tell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbos and Camshafts! Video show and tell!

Wanted to share this video with you guys that I just watched. Gives great insight about your camshaft choice for your engine if you are turbocharged. They are talking about LS engines mainly, but I guarantee the same logic applies to our four-bangers. Hope it's helpful for you guys thinking about going turbo!

https://youtu.be/SzXjw3Png3E

I mean i'm half way through this thinking "ahh ya, no duh". This guy is just saying the curve of your graph will be the same no matter what parts you throw at it. But i thought that was common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I mean i'm half way through this thinking "ahh ya, no duh". This guy is just saying the curve of your graph will be the same no matter what parts you throw at it. But i thought that was common sense.
      You're just too smart for me It never really clicked with me, he just made it easy to understand. So much misinformation around these days it all just gets jumbled around in my head. Cause I've always thought to myself, well if ever I wanted to build an N/A engine first then I'll HAVE to change the cam if I ever went to a turbo setup to make it work well. When I wouldn't have to until I wanted to change how the turbo responds really. If I can help out just one person with something I share then that's all I care about.

Comment

I stopped early. It looks like he's going to have some convincing information tho.

Boost doesn't do anything special to the air going in the engine and by special, I mean it doesn't make it flow faster or increase the CFM by itself. But you are right, there is a metric ton of half-right to just plain wrong information out there, especially about how an engine breathes.

God that LS power tho....

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          I stopped early. It looks like he's going to have some convincing information tho.

Boost doesn't do anything special to the air going in the engine and by special, I mean it doesn't make it flow faster or increase the CFM by itself. But you are right, there is a metric ton of half-right to just plain wrong information out there, especially about how an engine breathes.

God that LS power tho....
          I know right! such capable engines, makes sense why everyone uses them especially combined with their form factor. I should have just said to watch the last 3 min or so, would have been easier, he asks the questions you might want to ask yourself, hypothetically, if you were to build a turbo'd engine.

Comment

But also a good point everyone including myself overlooks. If you have shitty setup to begin with you'll get fast shitty when you slap a turbo on. Which in the end affects your numbers. And it takes an experienced person to know what works. IE: At what point do you move to a 44mm WG vs a 38mm on a H series. Or the debatable 2.5" exhaust vs 3" exhaust. No point in using a GT35R turbo if you only want 300HP.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              But also a good point everyone including myself overlooks. If you have shitty setup to begin with you'll get fast shitty when you slap a turbo on. Which in the end affects your numbers. And it takes an experienced person to know what works. IE: At what point do you move to a 44mm WG vs a 38mm on a H series. Or the debatable 2.5" exhaust vs 3" exhaust. No point in using a GT35R turbo if you only want 300HP.
              See, I wouldn't even know where to start with Wastegate size and things like that (I'd probably ask the company I got the turbo from realistically or ask the forum). But couldn't have said it better myself Raf! Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Working...
              X