Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock H22a1 on Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hondata S300 ftw, lol. That was my plan if I was ever to spray, use hondata to have n2o come on with full tables almost like a vtec crossover.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Who said anything about a wet kit, Blake? The only one that said anything regarding wet or dry was me... and I said dry. A single point wet kit is going to make a mess of things.

A basic Zex dry kit will adjust the fuel automatically. It's idiot-proof, as long as the engine is healthy and the system is installed correctly and not abused.

H22_CBR, forget I said anything about turbo.

Comment

Have you guys ever considered direct port over single point for thorough projects (upgraded pistons and head)? No one has mentioned it yet in the thread, and H22_CBR is looking at upgrading his head in the future. Sure, dry shots are the much better and fool-proof when it comes to single shots, but what about direct port wet shot systems? ZEX makes two stage setups that seem insane! Looks a lot more complicated when it comes to wiring and tubing, but worth it for major projects?

Just thinking about other options for H22_CBR down the road.
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Direct port would be safer in every way, assuming the system is quality and installed correctly. It tends to be very expensive, however. That's the sort of thing that a dedicated nitrous build would use. For a casual enthusiast, it's usually far too much money and effort to use such a thing.
          Upgraded pistons would certainly be good, especially since a serious (and expensive) direct port system would be wasted if only used for a sub-100hp shot.

However, big nitrous builds are very uncommon on here. I think I only know of one or two CB7tuner members that have had dedicated nitrous cars in the decade that this site has been around. A properly built nitrous engine would take the same amount of work (and money) as a properly built turbo engine. The biggest difference is that you have to refill your nitrous bottles... you don't have to refill a turbo!

Comment

True, so true. Also, its definitely not a realistic application for a street car. For a dedicated drag car, though, its one of a few (albeit expensive) options.
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
            X