Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Labjunkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 604_SE
    I called them up last week to see what they are all about... they're nice people, really good prices compared to local shops here in Vancouver. They are more than willing to negotiate and work out deals as did. Don't know their reputation, it'd be nice if any one had anyone had feedback on that..

My plan as of now is to do a road trip down to cali in late april with my f22 and come back with a h22 type S and auto to manual swap...

...they've built some nice cars

I remember talking to you earlier in the year. But you have been dealing with my partner for the most part, Chris.. I mainly deal with all the parts and the web site. He handles all the engine swaps and tuning.

Yes, we do sell the Chinese turbo kits, but we can also get the name brand kits too.. But most our customers prefer these kits because there affordable and do the same thing. I have had customers put out 250hp on these turbo kits on single cam motors.. So i cant really knock these turbo kits.

Comment

The Lab AKA Labjunkies in San Bernardino suck!!!!!

Dont go there. Here is an email I sent them over a week ago after ignoring my calls for over 2 months. Its long but its the bullshit I went through with these guys...I had alot of faith in them too. It sucks to get ripped off. Feel free to forward a copy of this email to everyone you know... Actually, please do it.

They have done nothing but ignore me the whole time. On their website they claim to be all about customer service....what a bunch of B.S.

To: rob_nice@labjunkies.com; l_c_padilla@yahoo.com; trupunk13@hotmail.com; saul1970@yahoo.com
      Subject: 1990 Civic hatch JDM D15B Swap (THE LAB) (LABJUNKIES.COM)
      Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 00:49:01 -0700

Hey what's up? I have to say that I'm really disappointed with you guys right now... I'll tell you my story and we'll see about your customer service that you say you take seriously on your website.

Ok..this will not be short as I want you to know everything I went through. I had my car towed there (Gold '90 Civic Hatch with blown engine) You guys said it went out because my fans stopped working and caused it to overheat.

No problem...I asked for a replacement engine and I think I spoke to James througout this ordeal. Anyway, he said he could not get that same engine anymore and could put in a newer JDM VTEC one for $950 "All wired up and ready to go out the door" (these were his words.) I said cool. I also told him that I wanted new NGK plugs and wires and he said "Don't worry about that, that is all included in the price. When he wrote up the paperwork the total price was not $950 it was $1200 and said that it was because it had to be switched from Dual Point or Port or something to MPFI...which didn't make sense as the whole entire engine was being replaced. and if that was the case, he should have told me that on the front end. I said whatever and also asked about changing out my exhaust cuz my stock one was really old and all scraped up. He said $160 on that, and this was cool with me. So total $1360...

I left a $650 check with him and went on my merry way, mind you he said that it would take 2-3 days. 7 days later, my car wasn't done, and I needed it, so you guys put it together, threw a P08 ECU in it and gave it to me making this loud ass whistling noise that you guys said would go away on its own it a week or two as it might be some butterfly valve or whatever. and I had my exhaust done all nice with new piping.. yay :0) I picked it up in the evening and handed James (who was kind enough to come back to the shop afterhours to give me my car) and gave him the balance of the $1360 which was $710 in cash.

OK that was the first time I took it there....after I took it home, I took it to my buddies pad who has civics and all our friends gather there and were all curious to see "The Lab's" work. They pointed out the whistling noise, the fact that the VTEC solenoid wasn't connected to anything, (the wires were run into the cabin through the firewall but were not connected to the ECU) and the RPM's were hopping around at 1800. Also, they pointed out that although, my exhaust pipe was cool, it was old and all scraped up, so I guess I got some dudes old ass pipe. I had to literally stomp on the gas to get it past 2000 RPM so that the car wouldn't jerk. I thought it was the clutch since I was told by you guys that you replaced the clutch.

I am sorry but I have reason to believe that you didn't change my clutch, as I found under hood, that I have some old ass Autolite (or some crappy ass wires) that were probably on that engine when it was first built in '92 and the oldest NGK plugs I
      ve seen in a long time. I don't know about you, but I would think that when you put an engine in a car that you would fill it with new fluids, I only say this because when I checked the oil (since it had super old ass plugz) I found that the oil was thick and black, and dirty as f**k.

I called and Chris and James were like, cool, no worries, bring it back and we'll take care of it. I pointed out the whistling noise, (funny cuz when i rolled up to your shop, even your boys were like "What the fuck is that?" A little 'effin embarassing if you ask me, to roll around like that. I told Chris that the ECU was throiwn codes for Idle Control Valve, Knock Sensor, both VTEC codes (think it was 21 & 22) and one other one.

I left and said hey, I know I was rushing you guys cuz my wife was on my ass to get the car back since I was originally told it would take 2-3 days by James when I left the deposit. His words were " If we get the engine in the morning, we can have it dropped in by the end of the day and wired the next.

Anyway, I picked up my car the 2nd time, after another week of waiting (I waited to be called back this time instead of calling and calling to figure out when it would be done.) And all that was done was the ECU was switched from a P08 to a P06, which I was told by my Honda lovin buddies is not even a VTEC ECU (please feel free to correct them at any point cuz you guys are the shop and they are just guys who love their Hondas) I will admit that one of my budz defended you guys and said you might have put a VTEC converted P06 in my car but still doesnt explain why the VTEC solenoid was not connected as VTEC will not work without it.

The loud ass whistiling noise was still there and this sucks because I asked James if it was gonna stay that wat and he said "Pretty much, yeah" That you guys would let a Honda (your specialty) roll out like that is really disappointing. I told James that I was the guinea pig of my crew to test The Labs work to see if it was good. Chris said that all was good with my ride now and that all it needed was a dizzy that he would mail to me once he got it in and I gave him my address. James said if I didn't receive it in 7 days to call. I called (obviously didn't get it) Chris got my address again, and he said he would mail it and this was back in late Jan. I've tried to call (it seems over 1k times) and my calls are ignored. I know this to be true, because when you all used to answer the phone you knew it was me, James would automatically say "What's up boss?" which tells me you have caller ID.

Other shops, have told me I'm not the only one, who has these types of complaints...I'm sorry that I didn't have 5 or 6K to drop at your shop so that I could get VIP treatment cuz it seems that these guys are the only ones that you treat all nice and crap..

My friends and wife have all told me I am wasting my time with you guys but I backed you guys up and told my buddies that Shit Happens and you would make good but to this day I haven't heard anything about my dizzy and still the wiring in my car is not done. I didn't ask for VTEC, you guys offered it and said its better cuz VTEC is the shit.

Let me know whats up, and what can be done to fix my car. Your boys told me, hey try some WD-40 and see if that helps stop the whistling noise....if that would work why wouldn't you guys have done it...My wife is pissed and won't do business with you, my boys are talking about going to Swap Shop Racing in Covina or Import Tek in Upland for their work but I told them I would email you guys and see, misunderstandings happen, and shit gets overlooked but damn, I don't wanna end up feeling ripped off cuz right now, thats pretty much it.

I hope to hear from you guys, cuz short of going down there, I haven't gotten anywhere. Even when I did go down there the first time, you all just ignored me.. I had to ask you all where to leave my car and even then you all were like "ok, yeah, cool then, we'll call you when its done" That is not Customer Service...you all can laugh and shit and that's cool but its business and word of mouth goes a long way. Thats how I heard about you to begin with...

-Jose

Comment

fuck , im not reading that

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Sounds like a good case to take to court.

Friends don't let friends let shady shops work on your ride. Take your car to Jesus (blackcb7)

My swap thread
          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Since the "shop co-owner" has been posting in this thread, I'm interested to see his response. I know that SoCal is BIG on import shops and there are a lot of them down there, so it would seem that quality of work and customer service is what makes one shop better than another. To the OP, I really hope that you get this resolved to your satisfaction. If not, I would contact the Better Business Bureau and inform them of the situation. There are ways of getting this taken care of, but you shouldn't have to resort to legal action if this is a reputable shop. They DID take your money, so that is their promise to make it right. They've already gone over the original estimate without authorization, so you could've screwed them with that, but you didn't.

Good luck!
            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I like the "JDM TYPE R VALVE COVER"

Looks like just a red valve cover to me.

Comment

My post was for those interested in labjunkies work or lack thereof.....

I'm done with those foo's PM'd blackCB7 to see if he can clean up their bullshit and I've since taken my other civic hatch to Swap Shop Racing in Covina and Honda Fiend rocks too !!! Hella nice guys to deal with and no B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by thejoser1 View Post
                  Dont go there. Here is an email I sent them over a week ago after ignoring my calls for over 2 months. Its long but its the bullshit I went through with these guys...I had alot of faith in them too. It sucks to get ripped off. Feel free to forward a copy of this email to everyone you know... Actually, please do it.

They have done nothing but ignore me the whole time. On their website they claim to be all about customer service....what a bunch of B.S.

To: rob_nice@labjunkies.com; l_c_padilla@yahoo.com; trupunk13@hotmail.com; saul1970@yahoo.com
                  Subject: 1990 Civic hatch JDM D15B Swap (THE LAB) (LABJUNKIES.COM)
                  Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 00:49:01 -0700

Hey what's up? I have to say that I'm really disappointed with you guys right now... I'll tell you my story and we'll see about your customer service that you say you take seriously on your website.

Ok..this will not be short as I want you to know everything I went through. I had my car towed there (Gold '90 Civic Hatch with blown engine) You guys said it went out because my fans stopped working and caused it to overheat.

No problem...I asked for a replacement engine and I think I spoke to James througout this ordeal. Anyway, he said he could not get that same engine anymore and could put in a newer JDM VTEC one for $950 "All wired up and ready to go out the door" (these were his words.) I said cool. I also told him that I wanted new NGK plugs and wires and he said "Don't worry about that, that is all included in the price. When he wrote up the paperwork the total price was not $950 it was $1200 and said that it was because it had to be switched from Dual Point or Port or something to MPFI...which didn't make sense as the whole entire engine was being replaced. and if that was the case, he should have told me that on the front end. I said whatever and also asked about changing out my exhaust cuz my stock one was really old and all scraped up. He said $160 on that, and this was cool with me. So total $1360...

I left a $650 check with him and went on my merry way, mind you he said that it would take 2-3 days. 7 days later, my car wasn't done, and I needed it, so you guys put it together, threw a P08 ECU in it and gave it to me making this loud ass whistling noise that you guys said would go away on its own it a week or two as it might be some butterfly valve or whatever. and I had my exhaust done all nice with new piping.. yay :0) I picked it up in the evening and handed James (who was kind enough to come back to the shop afterhours to give me my car) and gave him the balance of the $1360 which was $710 in cash.

OK that was the first time I took it there....after I took it home, I took it to my buddies pad who has civics and all our friends gather there and were all curious to see "The Lab's" work. They pointed out the whistling noise, the fact that the VTEC solenoid wasn't connected to anything, (the wires were run into the cabin through the firewall but were not connected to the ECU) and the RPM's were hopping around at 1800. Also, they pointed out that although, my exhaust pipe was cool, it was old and all scraped up, so I guess I got some dudes old ass pipe. I had to literally stomp on the gas to get it past 2000 RPM so that the car wouldn't jerk. I thought it was the clutch since I was told by you guys that you replaced the clutch.

I am sorry but I have reason to believe that you didn't change my clutch, as I found under hood, that I have some old ass Autolite (or some crappy ass wires) that were probably on that engine when it was first built in '92 and the oldest NGK plugs I
                  ve seen in a long time. I don't know about you, but I would think that when you put an engine in a car that you would fill it with new fluids, I only say this because when I checked the oil (since it had super old ass plugz) I found that the oil was thick and black, and dirty as f**k.

I called and Chris and James were like, cool, no worries, bring it back and we'll take care of it. I pointed out the whistling noise, (funny cuz when i rolled up to your shop, even your boys were like "What the fuck is that?" A little 'effin embarassing if you ask me, to roll around like that. I told Chris that the ECU was throiwn codes for Idle Control Valve, Knock Sensor, both VTEC codes (think it was 21 & 22) and one other one.

I left and said hey, I know I was rushing you guys cuz my wife was on my ass to get the car back since I was originally told it would take 2-3 days by James when I left the deposit. His words were " If we get the engine in the morning, we can have it dropped in by the end of the day and wired the next.

Anyway, I picked up my car the 2nd time, after another week of waiting (I waited to be called back this time instead of calling and calling to figure out when it would be done.) And all that was done was the ECU was switched from a P08 to a P06, which I was told by my Honda lovin buddies is not even a VTEC ECU (please feel free to correct them at any point cuz you guys are the shop and they are just guys who love their Hondas) I will admit that one of my budz defended you guys and said you might have put a VTEC converted P06 in my car but still doesnt explain why the VTEC solenoid was not connected as VTEC will not work without it.

The loud ass whistiling noise was still there and this sucks because I asked James if it was gonna stay that wat and he said "Pretty much, yeah" That you guys would let a Honda (your specialty) roll out like that is really disappointing. I told James that I was the guinea pig of my crew to test The Labs work to see if it was good. Chris said that all was good with my ride now and that all it needed was a dizzy that he would mail to me once he got it in and I gave him my address. James said if I didn't receive it in 7 days to call. I called (obviously didn't get it) Chris got my address again, and he said he would mail it and this was back in late Jan. I've tried to call (it seems over 1k times) and my calls are ignored. I know this to be true, because when you all used to answer the phone you knew it was me, James would automatically say "What's up boss?" which tells me you have caller ID.

Other shops, have told me I'm not the only one, who has these types of complaints...I'm sorry that I didn't have 5 or 6K to drop at your shop so that I could get VIP treatment cuz it seems that these guys are the only ones that you treat all nice and crap..

My friends and wife have all told me I am wasting my time with you guys but I backed you guys up and told my buddies that Shit Happens and you would make good but to this day I haven't heard anything about my dizzy and still the wiring in my car is not done. I didn't ask for VTEC, you guys offered it and said its better cuz VTEC is the shit.

Let me know whats up, and what can be done to fix my car. Your boys told me, hey try some WD-40 and see if that helps stop the whistling noise....if that would work why wouldn't you guys have done it...My wife is pissed and won't do business with you, my boys are talking about going to Swap Shop Racing in Covina or Import Tek in Upland for their work but I told them I would email you guys and see, misunderstandings happen, and shit gets overlooked but damn, I don't wanna end up feeling ripped off cuz right now, thats pretty much it.

I hope to hear from you guys, cuz short of going down there, I haven't gotten anywhere. Even when I did go down there the first time, you all just ignored me.. I had to ask you all where to leave my car and even then you all were like "ok, yeah, cool then, we'll call you when its done" That is not Customer Service...you all can laugh and shit and that's cool but its business and word of mouth goes a long way. Thats how I heard about you to begin with...

-Jose
                  WWWOOOWWWW I HEARD ABOUT THIS GUY FROM THE LAB, I CALLED DOWN THERE MYSELF WHEN I ALSO READ THIS STATEMENT AND WANTED TO GET MY B20V SETUP REBUILT FROM A LOCAL SHOP IN THE 951 AREA, AND I WAS ALSO SHOCKED AND SCARED TO SPEND MY LAST MONEY AT THEIR SHOP AND GET RIPPED OFF, SO THEY TOLD ME TO COME DOWN, AND THEY HAVE A PICTURE OF THIS GUYS PIECE OF SHIT HATCHBACK, A COPY OF HIS INVOICE AND GAVE ME A FULL EXPLANATION OF HIS LITTLE OUTBURST HES GIVING ALL THESE INTERNET FANS OF THE HONDA WORLD, I SAW HIS INVOICE AND HOW HE TOOK LONG TO PAY THEM, THE NOTES TO REPAIR THE WIRING ISSUE HIS WIFE WOULDNT LET HIM DRIVE SO FAR BACK TO REPAIR, JAMES ALSO SHOWED ME HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS AND HAVE ALSO POINTED OUT HOW THE WORLD IS LOW ON MONEY (RECESSION) AND HOW ITS HARD TO MAKE MONEY IN THIS TIME, BEING ON 4YEARS OF GOOD SERVICE AND PAIN IN THE BUTT CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS GOLD EF SOHC VTEC GUY JUST MAKES LUMP IN THEIR SUCCESS, THEY COMPLETED MY REBUILD WITH A WARRANTY AND I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS, ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN BACK SINCE TO HANG OUT, THEY ARE COOL PEOPLE UP THERE.........WILL NOTE THAT SOME OF THER CUSTOMERS ARE WILD, BUT THEY HAVE LOYAL CUSTOMER FAN BASE<<<

Comment

Working...
                  X