No announcement yet.

owequitit : 2013 Accord EX-L V6 6-Speed Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine already has that little mat. its not a factory piece for 13-15?

mine has navigation and i have an iphone so the wireless charger wouldnt work for me. it would be sweet to retro though. just have to have it.

i do wish i could get the auto dim mirror. i saw threads about using one mirror and the oem harness but im not sure if its worth the trouble. mine having the LDW/FCW camera creates an issue.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      mine already has that little mat. its not a factory piece for 13-15?

mine has navigation and i have an iphone so the wireless charger wouldnt work for me. it would be sweet to retro though. just have to have it.

i do wish i could get the auto dim mirror. i saw threads about using one mirror and the oem harness but im not sure if its worth the trouble. mine having the LDW/FCW camera creates an issue.
      No, that wasn't standard on the 2013-2015.

I have an iPhone 6S, but will eventually have either an 8 or 10, so wireless charging is an option for those. But I agree, it would be cool to have.

I never cared much for the electrochromic mirrors, so I never had to worry about upgrading them.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Did a full LED lighting upgrade (minus the turn signals) on the whole car.

Added a Retrofit Source universal HID plug and play headlight kit. Seems to work pretty well. The 5500K doesn't match the OEM LED DRL's though. I guess they are closer to 4300K. I did accidentally order H11A bulbs because I wasn't paying attention when I checked out and figured their configurator would know better. Lesson learned. Will order a set of H11B's on the first.

Other than that, at about 85K now and still running great. Planning on having the clutch done at the dealer because I just don't want to do it.

I was also delaying because I was debating trading this on an Accord Sport 2.0T which is a pretty damn nice car, but I would rather retire a car payment versus getting a new one and I still love the V6, so I am going to keep it for the foreseeable future. Looking at modifying the stock airbox on this one too.

Comment

Nice on the LED upgrade.

When I bought a cheapo HID kit, I got the H11A and I had horrible return rod shadows. Returned the kit, but I just ended up doing the H9 swap and was happy.

You may have seen that I traded up for a 2011 CRV lol.

I made a thread about it- basically my FIL was going to trade it in for a Subaru, amd I wanted the AWD and space, and since my CR2 was only an I4 CVT, I did not feel bad getting rid of it.

I still want a 2.0T sport though. With the 10AT.

My bud has a 2017 SI and he did the Ktuner flash and has it so when you press the "sport" mode button it goes into level 2.

Its pretty damn fast for a Civic lol.

I know people said that having all that power in a FWD with no LSD would not be a lot of fun but from all the 10th gen owners ive talked too, they said running their 2.0T with the ktuner flashes makes for a wicked fun DD while still getting 30 MPG easy LMAO.

So yea, id rock one.

But idk if Id be so quick to get one if I had a V6, so I get that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Nice on the LED upgrade.

When I bought a cheapo HID kit, I got the H11A and I had horrible return rod shadows. Returned the kit, but I just ended up doing the H9 swap and was happy.

You may have seen that I traded up for a 2011 CRV lol.

I made a thread about it- basically my FIL was going to trade it in for a Subaru, amd I wanted the AWD and space, and since my CR2 was only an I4 CVT, I did not feel bad getting rid of it.

I still want a 2.0T sport though. With the 10AT.

My bud has a 2017 SI and he did the Ktuner flash and has it so when you press the "sport" mode button it goes into level 2.

Its pretty damn fast for a Civic lol.

I know people said that having all that power in a FWD with no LSD would not be a lot of fun but from all the 10th gen owners ive talked too, they said running their 2.0T with the ktuner flashes makes for a wicked fun DD while still getting 30 MPG easy LMAO.

So yea, id rock one.

But idk if Id be so quick to get one if I had a V6, so I get that too!
            That is why they make the H11B. Haha. And yes, I have the wicked return rod shadows as is.

I did test drive the Sport 2.0T with 10AT and it was a great car. Had major traction issues, but it was very responsive, sounded good and reminded me even more of the CB7 in terms of feeling much like a German car in terms of driving demeanor. The transmission was smooth, fast and well geared and the engine was fantastic. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that car in Still Night Pearl.

I had several issues. My biggest one is that I like the equipment in the Touring better, but I like the look of the Sport. If they had a Touring that looked like the Sport, it would probably be a done deal in the near future. But I didn't want to lose the leather, the stereo and a lot of the other features that the Touring had. To make a Touring look like a Sport would be stupid and you can't get a Touring in Still Night Pearl (the only color I want) at any price.

I also started dicking with the stock airbox on the V6 and I completely removed the resonator assembly to see how loud it was with just the airbox. It is actually not that loud at all, and is only slightly louder than stock until you really wring it out. Then it has a nice growl, but nothing obnoxious like an a open element intake on a small 4 banger. Interestingly, the stock airbox is fed by a 4" diameter tube but when it connects to the resonator, it necks down to a small oval and then to a square and then to a smaller oval where it connects just under the hood. I know the butt dyno isn't reliable, but I swear it is making more power. It rrevs a lot faster when I rev match downshift and it HAS to be getting more air. My problem is that the alignment of the 4" inlet to the airbox doesn't align exactly with the hole in the frame, so I can't just hook up a 4" tube and call it a day. I am going to have to get slightly creating with the routing. But, if I can figure it out, it will sound great and provide a nice increase.

I wouldn't fault anyone for getting the Sport though. It was a really nice car. Could have lived without the leather, but some of the other features made it sort of hard to swallow. It also desperately needs an LSD, so I am not sure how people can be flashing it (which they respond well to) and not having major traction issues.

I heard about your CRV. We are probably going to get one when we are done with the HR-V. It just lacks power and space for a growing family. We both really like the CRV though. They have always been good SUV's.

Comment

YEa the new Accord has really grown on me. I am kicking myself for not getting one when I was car shopping. I am really digging the new Hybrid. A hair slower than an Si with almost 50MPG. After seeing some Accords with the coilovers + wheels treatment I'm sold. There's a new CR-V Hybrid coming as well but I don't know if that's going to be big enough for the family. Overall though I am really liking Honda's lineup. Took time to grow on me. Only bummer is I just bought a damn Kia. Gotta give it a few years to get out of the note.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                YEa the new Accord has really grown on me. I am kicking myself for not getting one when I was car shopping. I am really digging the new Hybrid. A hair slower than an Si with almost 50MPG. After seeing some Accords with the coilovers + wheels treatment I'm sold. There's a new CR-V Hybrid coming as well but I don't know if that's going to be big enough for the family. Overall though I am really liking Honda's lineup. Took time to grow on me. Only bummer is I just bought a damn Kia. Gotta give it a few years to get out of the note.
                I'm kind of liking the prospect of the new 340i and the G70, so I may go that route when I decide to replace this.

Honda would have had me hook, line and sinker if they had stuffed the Accord's version of the 2.0T into the Si, but alas, they didn't. No more V6 and no more ability to get a more aggressive looking Accord with the features...

Acura is pretty much dead to me at this point and is a complete lost cause, so until they prove they can build desirable cars again, then can't.

I am going to do the clutch and timing belt on this and drive it for basically how ever long I want to. It is in great shape cosmetically and still has tons of life left in it, so I am not too eager to get out from under it.

Ordered a K&N panel filter, the correct HID bulbs, a horn upgrade and a some other miscellaneous maintenance items for it today. Just finished detailing it too. I think it is time to learn the magic of detailing. Seems fun and challenging.

Comment

you should do the retroquik upgrade. the tlr projectors are badass. i did it in mine. i really want a new accord. exl 2.0/10at in black. 30k car
                  COUPE K24

Comment

you should do the retroquik upgrade. the tlr projectors are badass. i did it in mine. i really want a new accord. exl 2.0/10at in black. 30k car
                    We'll see. I may get there down the road, but I don't have enough night time driving with the correct bulbs to make that choice yet. I am also REALLY trying to avoid tearing into the car too much. A little here and a little there is OK.

And yes, the new Accords are expensive, but really totally worth it. Honda hasn't had an Accord with that level of quality and execution in a long time. I am glad to finally see the trend reversed down the rabbit hole of shitty quality.

Comment

I got everything to fit, but where did you mount all of the lighting hardware? The relays with their HD harness seemed a little ridiculous frankly.

Comment

Put the correct H11B bulbs in, did a College Hills Honda horn upgrade, put a K&N panel filter in and put OEM windshield wiper blades.

Comment

Hows it working with the H11B??

I wanted to do the College Hills homelink upgrade, but never did.

I need to source some cheap roof racks for the CRV.

Not trying to spend ~$400+ on a Thule/Yakima rack.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            Hows it working with the H11B??

I wanted to do the College Hills homelink upgrade, but never did.

I need to source some cheap roof racks for the CRV.

Not trying to spend ~$400+ on a Thule/Yakima rack.
                            With the correct bulb it is working fantastically.

I also swear the thing picked up around 10HP from removing the resonator and just having the unhooked air box. It gained a lot of throttle response without a doubt. Used to have a pretty noticeable delay with a heel toe downshift, which I figured was either ECU tuning or a massive flywheel. But it revs a lot faster now, so it may have been a fair bit of intake inertia too.

I only drove it home from work in the night time, but so far so good. I might need to aim the projectors down a bit, but haven't been flashed yet. Also, up close, the 5500K doesn't seem to match the LED DRL's, which look like a lower light temp, but from about 20-50 feet away, they are really close. I think the LED's are probably 4300K to match a standard set of HID's, but I wanted a brighter white and honestly, it is close.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              I got everything to fit, but where did you mount all of the lighting hardware? The relays with their HD harness seemed a little ridiculous frankly.
                              the drivers side ballast is just hooked to one of the battery tie down j hooks. the passenger side i think i just zip tied it up somewhere. been fine for almost 2 years now.
                              COUPE K24

Comment

Made a couple of changes to this recently.

Had the timing belt and clutch/flywheel job done about a month ago. Wanted to do it myself, but just didn't have the time and the front crossmember has to come out, so would have needed a lift. What a CF that was. I remember why I started doing this stuff myself.

I finished the OEM intake by ordering a vibrant 12" x 4" diameter silicone coupler and then put a velocity stack at the end of that, so that the air is being drawn from inside the fender. It made the intake a bit quieter overall, but there is also a tiny, tiny bit of audible resonance at ~2500RPM. It does sound pretty good though, and it should be getting significantly cooler air. I used to notice a bit of stumbling when it was really hot, and that is gone now. I saw that someone else online basically did the same thing, and the nice thing about the silicone coupling is that it bends just enough to clear the areas a pipe wouldn't. I'll have to post some pics.

Also installed a rear progress sway bar on it, which made a huge difference in handling balance. It is quite a bit more neutral now and the rear doesn't feel like it rolls over and then settles in. This generation was a lot less nose heavy feeling than previous Accord V6's, so that helps too. I went with the Progress 22MM solid bar versus the 25.4" hollow bar. It is supposed to be slightly less aggressive, and I wanted something that was a little more balanced on the road vs something with the most aggressive bar I could put on it. The rest of the suspension is still stock. I have thought about lowering it just about an inch, but I really don't want to deal with some of the side effects. I may change my mind at some point.

I've only put about 10K miles on it in the last 2 years since I live very close to work now, and haven't really driven much since March. I even had to put a trickle charge on it because I lost a several month old OEM battery to the heat and just sitting. I make it a point to drive it a bit more now.

That said, I am torn between keeping this and selling it before it gets to 100K so that I can still get some decent money out of it with a new clutch and timing belt. I have been eyeing the new Type-S, but the feature set worries me a bit and I don't really want to go buying a car in the spring if COVID after effects are still around.

Comment

Working...
                                X