No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the locks are kind of a big deal. I really can't deal with not being able to lock my car. The locks are in. As pictured. As well as the Strong Arm hatch struts.

Comment

Here are the B pillar covers that came in yesterday. These things are nice!

Comment

I started today by replacing the hatch struts. I had to remove most of the trunk plastics. I tried to keep them in place at first but once I started removing them I found how filthy everything was. So I'm leaving them out until everything is clean. I will be further removing the plastics in the future for cleaning of the chassis and plastics.

I removed all amplifier wiring as well. From battery to trunk. Everything. It was quite the hack job. Easily removed. Cut everything into sections before removal.

Again, leaving the trim off until everything is vacuumed, wiped down and clean. As well as the plastics being detailed inside and out. New trunk struts installed.

I replaced the passenger side corner light.

The bulbs as well.

And the driver side flip up light.

I also installed the replacement hood prop rod assembly as can kinda be seen in the picture.

Comment

I gave up on this. I started parting it out like a month ago. I'm keeping the 6 bolt and most everything else is already gone. I'm ready to pull the transfer case and pull the engine/ transmission out.

The rust got worse and worse as I started messing with the car. And I found that the fuel lines were gone as well as the brake lines. Rusted and leaking.

It's not all bad though. The 6 bolt is in good shape. Has a small 16g so that's cool. It will work in my 98 which is an awesome car. It doesn't need a 6 bolt as the 98 has a split thrust 7 bolt only available in 98/99. But I can save it anyway and always have a backup. And being a 6 bolt it will only get more desirable.

I've sold a ton of parts. Strangely these are worth more in parts than they are whole.

I'm using a week of PTO next week so there will be pictures.

Sad but one of those things.

I'm not replacing it with another.

Comment

This sucks! I like the 1G DSMs better than the 2Gs. Oh well, rust doesn't loose battles too often.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I think pretty much everyone does. Some 1ga some 1gb. The 1990 was the bastard child and was a little different and had a glass transmission. Still sad to see it go. I got the 6 bolt out of it. So that much was a win. I wanted to save it. I thought I could at first. But the rust was well hidden.

Comment

Working...
              X