No announcement yet.

FU Photobucket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are the images back temporarily? Just looked at all my stuff and it is working. Have been thinking about a Plan B, but haven't really done anything about it. Definitely not happy about having to pay every month for it.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I throw a lot more than $2 into a change jar within a month to just sit there, so that's nothing. But I haven't used Photobucket in years.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Too late for most. I deleted all my PB pics and accounts. What a bunch of idiots...

Comment

Yup...not going through all that BS again.

Kind of wish I had known about the "~original" tag before I deleted my albums. Then again, I don't think it would have worked for me. As I was one of the ones that they targeted early in the "third party link ban process". Guess they didn't like that I was using my images on a blog that made me $100 over 7 years....lol

F#@k'em!

I'll probably pay the money to SmugMug just to say F#@k You to FB.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            Yup...not going through all that BS again.

Kind of wish I had known about the "~original" tag before I deleted my albums. Then again, I don't think it would have worked for me. As I was one of the ones that they targeted early in the "third party link ban process". Guess they didn't like that I was using my images on a blog that made me $100 over 7 years....lol

F#@k'em!

I'll probably pay the money to SmugMug just to say F#@k You to FB.
            The "~original" never worked for me either.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I have like 1600 images on the site....

but they removed the option to download all images....

did they bring that back?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Shit, I remember it took me two weeks to download all my images. Their server kept crashing or timing out. So glad I don't have to deal with their ad infested website again. I remember they even started blocking access if you were using a popup blocker, and switched everything to java based. Pure evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...hoto-or-Video?

Comment

It figures. Flickr is now asking for money to get unlimited storage, otherwise you're restricted to 1,000 images.

https://www.flickr.com/

I have 2400 photos on my account (lots of car shows), so it looks like I'll be paying. I guess $4 a month is pocket change, though.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Is there no fix for the blurry images? The old "~original" trick doesn't work anymore, nor does saving the image to your own computer (I thought it did, at one point). It's so frustrating surfing through old threads, Photobucket's killed a good chunk of this forum.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'm personally not fixing mine. I've spent dozens of hours in the past and even $xx.xx on paying for a service and I'm just done with it. Also, I think most of what I've contributed is not as necessary as it once was. I don't think people are still doing what they were to these cars 5+ years ago. So I don't think fixing them yet again is worth it.

Comment

I don't blame you. I've just been going through the Member's Rides like crazy lately looking for inspiration, so I'm a bit bummed to click into a thread and see the visuals basically gone.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-28-2019, 10:15 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I should contact owners of other forums and see if we can take legal action against photobucket. Their change in policy basically rendered 15 years of posts useless.
                            They should allow all pre-policy-change hot links to remain. Disallow any new ones, but some helpful member from 2008 that hasn’t so much has logged in since 2010 isn’t going to come back and fix his threads.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I should contact owners of other forums and see if we can take legal action against photobucket. Their change in policy basically rendered 15 years of posts useless.
                              They should allow all pre-policy-change hot links to remain. Disallow any new ones, but some helpful member from 2008 that hasn’t so much has logged in since 2010 isn’t going to come back and fix his threads.
                              I think there's a legitimate case here. This basically ruined a lot of enthusiast forums.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

15+ years of legitimate value has been compromised. I’ve been offered six figure sums for this forum in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X